Audio crackle and popping only in youtube after applying -v allcore on my 5800x3d

Hello everyone!

As weird as it sounds, as the title states, I am getting weird audio crackles from time to time and only in youtube. This started happening after applying negative voltage (more than -5 all core) on my cpu.

Everything is completely stable otherwise. I have stress tested the stability with -30 allcore and also even applying 90-60-90 (PPT-TDC-EDC), even though I am running on higher (120-80-120). The problem is not present anywhere else.

I am completely clueless why this might be happening and any help or at least explanation would stop be from hitting my head against the wall.

VDDG and VDDP voltages are known to cause problems identical these if they are too low or too high.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

27 minutes ago, Levent said:

VDDG and VDDP voltages are known to cause problems identical these if they are too low or too high.

I haven't touched VDDG, VDDP or SOC voltages unless tweaking allcore is related and lowers them as well. I saw a few posts on multiple sites regarding those, but I didn't try any related solution as I haven't touched them.

Just now, Immune said:

I haven't touched VDDG, VDDP or SOC voltages unless tweaking allcore is related and lowers them as well. I saw a few posts on multiple sites regarding those, but I didn't try any related solution as I haven't touched them.

I am not sure why but I have had issues with those even when I didnt even use PBO. Voltages my motherboard threw into them were too much. I have had this happen with R3 3100, R5 3600, R7 5800X. It was always these said voltages. I stick to 0.95 for VDDP and 1v for both of VDDG voltages.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

I am not sure why but I have had issues with those even when I didnt even use PBO. Voltages my motherboard threw into them were too much. I have had this happen with R3 3100, R5 3600, R7 5800X. It was always these said voltages. I stick to 0.95 for VDDP and 1v for both of VDDG voltages.

Will check if tweaking those maybe nullifies the issues caused by the undervolting. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Set the VDDP to 0.9 and both VDDGs to 0.95 but still the same result sadly. Haven't touched the SoCv

1 minute ago, Immune said:

Set the VDDP to 0.9 and both VDDGs to 0.95 but still the same result sadly. Haven't touched the SoCv

Can you raise your VDDP to 0.95v? My 3600 for example will pop and crackle with 0.9v but fine at 0.95v. As far as SoC goes, I dont think you are able to change it right? if not you can also set it to 1v to 1.05v safely.

25 minutes ago, Levent said:

Can you raise your VDDP to 0.95v? My 3600 for example will pop and crackle with 0.9v but fine at 0.95v. As far as SoC goes, I dont think you are able to change it right? if not you can also set it to 1v to 1.05v safely.

Set the VDDP to 0.95v. Also set the SoCv to 1.05v. You can do that be enabling SoC overclocking option underneath the SoCv option and you can than adjust that field. I will test the outcome and update you later. Thanks again!

22 hours ago, Levent said:

Seems like it is happening less frequently now, but I am not sure which option might've helped. Lowered SoCv to 1 but it seems the same like with 1.05. Not sure on the next steps and I am not completely familiar with these options. Might try with bumping up the VDDP?

You should not need to touch PPT/TDC/EDC. That in conjunction with -30 means you are starving the CPU for power while forcing it to boost higher. Don’t wanna do that.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

On 4/10/2024 at 4:22 PM, Levent said:

On 4/11/2024 at 9:01 PM, freeagent said:

You should not need to touch PPT/TDC/EDC. That in conjunction with -30 means you are starving the CPU for power while forcing it to boost higher. Don’t wanna do that.

Don't have the big bad Noctua cooler, so I am trying to maintain sub 90 on the die while maximazing core clocks. Anyway, I have no clue how to fix this, so If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it 🙂 !