Charge Your Smartphone Or Tablet Up To 92% Faster with a USB Dongle

Called the Legion Meter and set to cost $49 for anyone wanting to get in on the ground floor, the device plugs in in-between the USB outlet and the charging cable just like a dongle and then sets about working its magic. The upshot is a simple one; with the Legion Meter installed, your devices will charge faster. In fact, they could potentially charge twice as fast, which is an improvement not to be sniffed at.

ab2f8cfe5ead757857d60e52fc298f45_large.p

For devices that normally wouldn't get enough juice from a standard computer-based USB port to charge, the Legion Meter will actually allow them to charge as if they were plugged into a wall outlet. That means iPads in particular will be able to charge anywhere there’s a USB outlet, which is impressive enough in itself.

For those that like to know what’s going on, the Legion Meter has an on-device display that tells you what it’s doing, and how much power it’s outputting. 

d4465f760f4e623d16ab67cac13b98d6_large.p

Here's their Kickstarter video

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/915182/video-369844-h264_high.mp4

SOURCE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plxdevices/legion-meter-charge-your-smartphone-92-faster

my S4 already charges from 0-100% in just over an hour...

So if I leave it charging at 100%, will the battery die a lot faster? Sometimes you leave your phone charging and you completely forget that it is charging.

I'd love to have one of these for my xperia z, it charges soooo slow

So if I leave it charging at 100%, will the battery die a lot faster? Sometimes you leave your phone charging and you completely forget that it is charging.

I don't know much about batteries, but i am pretty sure they are "not supposed to go below 10% or above 90%". I think that's only true for lipo batteries doe.

Do they explain how it works? It looks like a nice meter and all, but USB ports provide either 1A or 2.1A, always at 5V. Unless this dongle has an external power supply of some sort, in which case they're boosting the amps to get the faster charge time, which in turn could damage the device since they're rated to work with normal USB current (I expect most of them could handle it, but it certainly isn't covered by warranty). Alternatively it's BS; the most this could do to charge your phone faster is help you FIND a 2.1A USB port, which isn't really all that bad but isn't what they're advertising.

Since most usb charger provides around 1A to 2A, 'doubling' it would certainly damage any portable device battery in the long run. The highest I've seen is 2.1A for the ipad charger which is fine since it has quite large battery.

Why not save the trouble of damaging your device battery and just charge normally before going to bed.

I say:

1- you can't force more power to the recharging circuit that it is willing to accept. Assuming you do, you'll break the charging circuit. Assuming it is possible, you are fast charging the battery above specification, and will wear out the battery really quickly. Fast charging circuit in Lithium-ion batteries, uses an algorithm to avoid wear of the battery. In addition to all this, over charging a lithium-ion or poly battery or too fast is asking for fireworks.

2- They have an office in a fancy building, and it looks like they have a Lab, equipment, and all sorts of thing to make the device, yet they need money? Makes no sense.

3- They repeat that it shows you information about the power draw like 100 times. They are other devices similar to it if that is what you want, if you dig.

4- They don't say how it works. To me, it uses a capacitor that gets charges and discharge to allow USB ports on devices that can't charge a device to charge it. In other words, tricks.

The way batteries work is that they charge to 100% then back to 97% and then back to 100% until u unplug them

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

The way batteries work is that they charge to 100% then back to 97% and then back to 100% until u unplug them

Depending on battery specification it will start charging at 95 or 93%, but at super duper slow rate to not wear out the battery. What will wear the battery more is that the battery will be at 100% charged and in an hot environment (assuming the device is pushed at times), I believe.

Too bad consumers believe this

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

My SHIELD charger is a 2.1A charger, it's a beast when charging a phone.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

this is for android 

install a kernel that supports fast charge 

have a empty usb3 port on your motherboard

set max input to 1500ma (it is the maximum for my device)

enable fast charge

plug the cable

charge in 35 minutes from 2% to %100

and it is free.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Since most usb charger provides around 1A to 2A, 'doubling' it would certainly damage any portable device battery in the long run. The highest I've seen is 2.1A for the ipad charger which is fine since it has quite large battery.

Why not save the trouble of damaging your device battery and just charge normally before going to bed.

That's like saying that plugging a 1500W PSU in a system with only an i3 processor and a hard drive would cause it to burst in flames, since it also runs at constant voltages (12 and 5 volts)

I don't think you guys understand how phone/tablet chargers work. Everybody seems to think that chargers are like waterfalls, you can't control anything and the current flows no matter what. A better analogy would be that the charger is like an endless glass of juice and the phone/battery is a person sipping from it with a straw(cables) how much he wants. The phone itself sets the charging current limit and if you give more than that, it will simply charge at what rate it wants. For example, if you plug a 2.1A tablet charger in a phone which can charger at 1.5A max, then the phone will charge at 1.5 amps and the charger will have less work to do.

I SUSPECT that this gadget will compensate for voltage drops and current losses in long cables and bad chargers. If it also minimizes ripple then it will be even better. Many flagship devices have this crappy charger problem, the Nexus 5 being a prime example. The charger provided by LG can give out a maximum of 1.3 amps, but the phone itself can charge at 2 amps just fine. 

this is for android 

install a kernel that supports fast charge 

have a empty usb3 port on your motherboard

set max input to 1500ma (it is the maximum for my device)

enable fast charge

plug the cable

charge in 35 minutes from 2% to %100

and it is free.

Unless you have a tiny battery (less than 1700mAh), this won't charge your phone in 35 minutes. The oppo find 7a cand barely get 50-75% of its 2800 mAh battery (which is nothing special by todays standards) in half an hour, and that's with a beastly 4.5amps charger and a somewhat proprietary connector.

Unless you have a tiny battery (less than 1700mAh), this won't charge your phone in 35 minutes. The oppo find 7a needs a beastly 4.5amps charger with a proprietary connector to charge it's 2800mAh (which is nothing special by today's standards) to get just a 50%-75% charge in 30 minutes

S4 mini comes with a 1900ma battery so yeah 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Depending on battery specification it will start charging at 95 or 93%, but at super duper slow rate to not wear out the battery. What will wear the battery more is that the battery will be at 100% charged and in an hot environment (assuming the device is pushed at times), I believe.

yeah i didn't know the exact number but knew it was somewhere in that region

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I say:

2- They have an office in a fancy building, and it looks like they have a Lab, equipment, and all sorts of thing to make the device, yet they need money? Makes no sense.

Okay, if this is the case then why does anybody ever need money? Surely if you can build a prototype you can automatically just mass produce and market your product right? There's a reason people crowdsource or look for venture capitalists. People have to get paid, and product costs aren't free either.

Why can't we just use chargers with higher outputs , like those for tablets ? The device will just accept whatever it's safely designed to

This will be good for my Kindle Fire tablet. I hate charging it, it takes four to five hours to fullt charge.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

This will be good for my Kindle Fire tablet. I hate charging it, it takes four to five hours to fullt charge.

You better wait until it's reviewed or something, doesn't even sound legit.

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

How can putting a device between the wall charger/usb port and the usb cable possibly make it charge any faster? I call BS. It's just an information device. It can't "suck" any more power out of the power supplied by the usb port. 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y