Is the april fools video a day early?

1 minute ago, thetoaster1083 said:

there seems to be a lot of work put into this april fools video... don't even get me started on the wiring and moving

In recent build livestream Linus said that they were planning to buy actual firetruck for April Fools video. So don't put anything past them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm so impressed, but I have so many questions.

I mean they went back to the Langley house, they were specifically kicked out of there by the Langley council for filming in a residential home or running a business from there.

I didn't even know Linus still owned it.

How did they get everyone there without panicking the street, that many people is not subtle.

And it's not like it's a bit of set dressing to look right, they had actual networking going, people scrubbing through footage on premier. The editors, the writers, the clothing/fashion dept.

They filmed a gamelinked or techlinked from there. They did a short circuit, a WAN show.

They weren't just there for like 3 hours, this was a massive effort, and they clearly went BACK to do WAN show.

WHO IS STAYING THERE? WHO AGREED TO THIS? WHAT DID THEY TELL THE NEIGHBOURS??

Athan is pronounced like Nathan without the N. <3

10 hours ago, Sunoo said:

It’s weird, but I’m finding it much easier to read than the usual font.

Stylistically, it's a great font.  I've long considered a pet project of fixing all the typographic problems of MS Comic Sans and republishing it as Tom's Comic Sans.  It would  actually be pretty easy to clean up the most obvious problems.

But even if I did, people would still hate it, just out of habit.  Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference at a glance.

1 hour ago, Thomas A. Fine said:

Stylistically, it's a great font.  I've long considered a pet project of fixing all the typographic problems of MS Comic Sans and republishing it as Tom's Comic Sans.  It would  actually be pretty easy to clean up the most obvious problems.

But even if I did, people would still hate it, just out of habit.  Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference at a glance.

This font is painful for my eyes to read but ill suffer through i geuss.

And its kinda broken missing icons in some areas though 🤡

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

15 hours ago, Tyrannosaur said:

My question is how did Linus get the Langley house to do this? With how hot the real estate markets are everywhere, there's no way it wasn't already occupied.

Either he bought it, already owned it, got permission to do this or paid the owners a boatload of money to move all their stuff out for a day or two  of filming.

He bought it years ago. He said that at 15:16 of the WAN Show on Mar 8, 2019.

On 4/1/2024 at 1:10 AM, LogicalDrm said:

In recent build livestream Linus said that they were planning to buy actual firetruck for April Fools video. So don't put anything past them.

that would have been insane to see but that would also raise an awful lot of suspicion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thetoaster1083 said:

that would have been insane to see but that would also raise an awful lot of suspicion

Suspicion about or on what?

E: Here the clip https://www.youtube.com/live/mw2oDtcvYy8?si=H3qimlnIBfkJMMai&t=1180

So it was several years ago. And if you mean someone might have noticed, they do secret shoppers and other stuff constantly. Plus last years potato farm video was big production (I haven't watched this years yet). So suspicious on someone seeing it in advance or noticing otherwise? Unlikely, but sure. I really don't understand what else you could mean. It would have been * tax write off * as the kid say these days.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Suspicion about or on what?

E: Here the clip https://www.youtube.com/live/mw2oDtcvYy8?si=H3qimlnIBfkJMMai&t=1180

So it was several years ago. And if you mean someone might have noticed, they do secret shoppers and other stuff constantly. Plus last years potato farm video was big production (I haven't watched this years yet). So suspicious on someone seeing it in advance or noticing otherwise? Unlikely, but sure. I really don't understand what else you could mean. It would have been * tax write off * as the kid say these days.

no I mean people might think something funky might be happening at that house

14 hours ago, thetoaster1083 said:

no I mean people might think something funky might be happening at that house

14 hours ago, thetoaster1083 said:

I meant to the neighbors if they didn't know abt the fact it was theirs

Renting is a thing. You could rent your owned property for media company for video shoot. So unless there's real reason to believe malicious activity, its not neighbors business whats happening inside property they don't own. And if they suspect illegal activity, there's proper ways to report about that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv