What games can I reasonably except to be able to play on steam deck?

I can buy a steam deck 256gb for about 300Euro and was wondering what games I can expect to be able to play on it. I would like to use it to emulate some switch games as well if it would be able to run them nicely. By reasonably I mean without them looking like garbage and running poorly. Any input would be appreciated on this topic. Thank you all in advance!

I know what is verified I was asking what games would have good fps. A lot of games are verified but does not mean it will run well on it, I want to know if I can play AAA singleplayer games on it with a reasonable fps or if it will be low fps and pixelated as hell to be able to play it at all.

9 minutes ago, tkitch said:

if only there was a website dedicated to telling you what is playable on the steamdeck....

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/verified

12 minutes ago, Faris14 said:

I know what is verified I was asking what games would have good fps. A lot of games are verified but does not mean it will run well on it, I want to know if I can play AAA singleplayer games on it with a reasonable fps or if it will be low fps and pixelated as hell to be able to play it at all.

part of the "verification" process is that the games run well at native resolution with reasonable settings.

the games that dont run well out the box get "playable" instead.

Not sure how to even answer this because that will vary wildly from game to game.

Obviously if you expect newest/new-ish AAA games to run well then you may be disappointed if that is also the majority of games you plan on playing. There are thousands upon thousands of games on Steam that run really well on the Deck and are fun and still look amazing. Best to look at what kind of games you want to play, just go on YT and search Steam Deck X (X=game you want to play) and see how well it plays.

Regarding emulation, I can't comment on that since I never tried emulating anything on SD.

I personally play trough older AAA games and indie games and don't really have issues with FPS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 1:39 PM, tkitch said:

if only there was a website dedicated to telling you what is playable on the steamdeck....

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/verified

On 3/29/2024 at 2:06 PM, manikyath said:

part of the "verification" process is that the games run well at native resolution with reasonable settings.

the games that dont run well out the box get "playable" instead.

Verified means (1) it can run, (2) UI can scale properly at 720p and (3) controls are working, everything else is up to the user to discover or ggl... so no guarantees it will be an enjoyable experience.

https://www.protondb.com

Here you can check the reviews of how each game runs and if tinkering is required

Emulation -> BOTW can run at stable 720p@40 with tweaking afaik. Way better experience than on Switch, but it is a low bar from the start.

My experience: a great device for all the indies you wanted to play and the old AAA that you missed. However, if you want to play any high demanding game of the past 10y and want more than 30fps low-medium -> ggl the games before committing. Also, some games might run and scale well enough, but the resolution/the screen size might be just too low/small for the enjoyment imho.