Suggestions to help someone suffering from a neurodegenerative disease

There's a client of ours that suffers from a neurodegenerative disease but he still wants to continue playing on his computer, at the moment he can't move his left hand anymore, and he can move his right hand just a little bit and he does physiotherapy to mitigate the disease

What I wanted to know is what would be the best alternatives for him to still be able to play even if just a little bit. Like a keyboard that's very easy to type or an eyetracker or something else

Any help is appreciated

Also I didn't know which place would be the best to post about this, so I posted here on General. Sorry if it's the wrong place

1 hour ago, pedrogmix said:

There's a client of ours that suffers from a neurodegenerative disease but he still wants to continue playing on his computer, at the moment he can't move his left hand anymore, and he can move his right hand just a little bit and he does physiotherapy to mitigate the disease

What I wanted to know is what would be the best alternatives for him to still be able to play even if just a little bit. Like a keyboard that's very easy to type or an eyetracker or something else

Any help is appreciated

Also I didn't know which place would be the best to post about this, so I posted here on General. Sorry if it's the wrong place

This one from Microsoft is designed for disabled people to be able to enjoy gaming. It supports a massive amount of inputs from 3rd party controllers to game with your mouth, feet, different type of joysticks and controllers.

You can adapt controllers to someones needs depending on their disability.  You can have every button mapped to anything of your choice like running with your feet or jumping with your toe or aiming with your nose, there are no limits.

Its pricey but boy is it good.

Its definitely one of my favorite piece of hardware on the market. I dont need it, but I want everyone to be able to game! No matter the disability.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

6 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

This one from Microsoft is designed for disabled people to be able to enjoy gaming.

Say what you want about Microsoft, no other large company that is as invested in accessible gaming as Microsoft is. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

31 minutes ago, pedrogmix said:

Any help is appreciated

There are some fairly large online communities supporting gamers with disabilities. I'm not disabled myself, so perhaps one of these organizations would be able to assist. 

• AbleGamers is an amazing charity & support organization giving access to physically imparted gamers. 
  • /r/DisabledGamers may be able to help with any specific questions you or your gamer has. 
  • CanIPlayThat.com give some information on specific games they are looking to play.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

55 minutes ago, Skipple said:

There are some fairly large online communities supporting gamers with disabilities. I'm not disabled myself, so perhaps one of these organizations would be able to assist. 

• AbleGamers is an amazing charity & support organization giving access to physically imparted gamers. 
  • /r/DisabledGamers may be able to help with any specific questions you or your gamer has. 
  • CanIPlayThat.com give some information on specific games they are looking to play.

I was thankful when controller support in PC games became standard.  Not been able to play with keyboard and mouse for years due to immediate hand cramps in my left hand when I do.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Old school RuneScape is a game you can play with only a mouse, and if they’re just looking for a decent time waster, I’d throw them at osrs.

Nothing in the game really requires typing at any pace, barely anything in the game requires typing period. You could get pretty far into endgame content as well before a lack of hotkey use to change menus would even matter, and even then it still wouldn’t be required, it would just be sub optimal.

I would also recommend anything without intensive camera control for similar reasons, you could play a lot of racing games with only the directional arrows if you wanted.

2 hours ago, Hinjima said:

This one from Microsoft is designed for disabled people to be able to enjoy gaming. It supports a massive amount of inputs from 3rd party controllers to game with your mouth, feet, different type of joysticks and controllers.

You can adapt controllers to someones needs depending on their disability.  You can have every button mapped to anything of your choice like running with your feet or jumping with your toe or aiming with your nose, there are no limits.

Its pricey but boy is it good.

Its definitely one of my favorite piece of hardware on the market. I dont need it, but I want everyone to be able to game! No matter the disability.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

That probably would be the best solution here, but unfortunately I can't seem to find one to buy here in Brazil, I guess there isn't a lot of those around. Are there any other alternatives to this?

2 hours ago, Skipple said:

This article from AbleGamers wil be of great help, thanks! Althought I'll probably still need something like the Xbox Adaptative Controller

34 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Old school RuneScape is a game you can play with only a mouse, and if they’re just looking for a decent time waster, I’d throw them at osrs.

Nothing in the game really requires typing at any pace, barely anything in the game requires typing period. You could get pretty far into endgame content as well before a lack of hotkey use to change menus would even matter, and even then it still wouldn’t be required, it would just be sub optimal.

I would also recommend anything without intensive camera control for similar reasons, you could play a lot of racing games with only the directional arrows if you wanted.

I'll try to suggest that one to him, but I think he won't play it. I've tried to suggest some easier games for him to play before, but he wasn't interested

Does he have full control of his mouth and head?

There's a top tier Street Fighter player (plays SF6) that plays *WITH HIS MOUTH* in masters/diamond (yes) rank, because he doesn't have use of his hands.

he uses a playstation however.  His twitch is Brolylegs, if you want to know just what he is capable of.

https://www.twitch.tv/brolylegs