Can this cases fans be speed controlled?

addycodes

Hi! I am planning my first build. I like the look of this case: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-observatory-mx-mesh-argb-midi-tower-case-black-white-ca-088-kk.html

My last PC had fans on full blast all the time, and I really want to avoid that this time with fans with speed control. I heard about PWM but then also read that DC can be just as effective these days?

I am planning to pair with ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus WIFI II motherboard: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-tuf-gaming-b550-plus-wifi-ii-amd-b550-am4-ddr4-pcie-40-sata3-dual-m2-crossfire-usb-32-gen2-aplu

The page for this case says "There is also a reset button than can be used to control the fans. Alternatively, these can be connected via a 3-pin 5V header and controlled through the lead fan.". 

Will the motherboard be able to automatically control the speed of these fans? If not, what should I be looking out for?

Thank you!

if your board supports manual fan control for regular or pwm fans then you should e able to control them. if not then a slot cover with a potentiometer was a way to do it back in the day.

Product page says these are the pre-installed fans. They're PWM so they are controllable.

Motherboard has only 5 PWM headers though, so you might need to invest in either a hub or splitter cables if the case doesn't come with any (else you won't be able to connect your CPU fans).

1 hour ago, Aleph256 said:

Product page says these are the pre-installed fans. They're PWM so they are controllable.

Motherboard has only 5 PWM headers though, so you might need to invest in either a hub or splitter cables if the case doesn't come with any (else you won't be able to connect your CPU fans).

Thank you! It says they're daisychainable, would that save some slots?

... I'll confess, I didn't look that far ahead ^^'
If they're daisyable then yes it will save slots, don't put more than 3 on a single chain.