Nvidia now offering day passes for $4 and $8. But at least we got G-Sync and Reflex right? Right?

filpo
On 3/7/2024 at 4:32 PM, filpo said:

My thoughts

I think this quote from someone in the videocardz comments sums it up - 'Create the problem, sell the solution.'

While reading this it really does seem like an amusing thing. Adding a $4 day pass while a 1 month membership is only $6 more? No doubt someone will buy it, which is why some people are going to be upset about it. I know I am. 

I don't really think they created a problem here. The truth of the matter is that a service like this costs a metric butt-ton of money. If they want to offer this to bring people in, I say why not? 

I don't agree with a lot of what nvidia does but this seems particularly like a nothing burger to me. 

I'm usually as lost as you are

It's called decoy pricing - it's meant to make monthly subscriptions look like a steal. It's not meant to be sold.

27 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

It's called decoy pricing - it's meant to make monthly subscriptions look like a steal. It's not meant to be sold.

So basically more dark-pattern type brain hijacking black magic that should be made illegal, got it!

And the shitification of reality continues...

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

48 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

So basically more dark-pattern type brain hijacking black magic that should be made illegal, got it!

No? it's just a marketing strategy. There is no brain hijacking or dark patterns. Respectfully, in this case you are using those terms wrong. They aren't forcing you to use this product and if you think it's a bad deal then its not for you and you can just not buy it. 

I'm usually as lost as you are

they shouldn't be able to advertise this as a "day pass" with a 6 hour time limit, lol. 

how about a 24 hour time limit? Hmm.... 

Why even limit it down? most people won't use the full 24 hours anyway so you might as well give it to them

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, PocketNerd said:

It's just a sales strategy. You can spot it in all over the world and all over the web. When you go to McDonald's or Starbucks, or when you're presented with a price table of most SaaS services in existence. There's usually at least one decoy making other options look better, so that you spend a few bucks more, because it's a "deal". 

18 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

they shouldn't be able to advertise this as a "day pass" with a 6 hour time limit, lol. 

how about a 24 hour time limit? Hmm.... 

Why even limit it down? most people won't use the full 24 hours anyway so you might as well give it to them

It's a time limit per session. Daily number of sessions is unlimited, so you can play for 24 hours if you like.