Currently best headset with decent mic with/without board

Hunlight
Go to solution Solved by Tigerleon,
1 hour ago, Hunlight said:

Hello,

Atm investigating the market of headsets as Im looking for smth decent in quality (with or without board, atm dont have one so lets say without). But important part is mic on headset to be of a good quality, first thought was logitech g pro/x with that blue yeti etc it sounds very decently as for headset mic. Im personally not a fan of a hanging in my face mic tons of cons for me. Atm using cooler master MH752, comfortability 6/10, mic quality 6-7/10, but it has a big problem with cable, audio problem, whoever interested just google theres tons of posts about that issue and no one can do anything about it sadly.

I was looking into a combo of some Sennheiser headphones + attachable broadcast mic which attaches with a magnet or a clips or whatever depends on models, its a pricey combo so I thought to ask here for any advice.

Main use would be gaming, so clear sounds, wide range for nice sound in single player projects and good hearing for shooters is what I need, not listening to music almost at all. Price/budget - hard to say ofc no 500$ around 200$ I guess would be ideal point less is best more if some AMAZING options.

Beyerdynamic MMX300 or Tygr 300R with modmic or the bundle with the USB mic.

Hello,

Atm investigating the market of headsets as Im looking for smth decent in quality (with or without board, atm dont have one so lets say without). But important part is mic on headset to be of a good quality, first thought was logitech g pro/x with that blue yeti etc it sounds very decently as for headset mic. Im personally not a fan of a hanging in my face mic tons of cons for me. Atm using cooler master MH752, comfortability 6/10, mic quality 6-7/10, but it has a big problem with cable, audio problem, whoever interested just google theres tons of posts about that issue and no one can do anything about it sadly.

I was looking into a combo of some Sennheiser headphones + attachable broadcast mic which attaches with a magnet or a clips or whatever depends on models, its a pricey combo so I thought to ask here for any advice.

Main use would be gaming, so clear sounds, wide range for nice sound in single player projects and good hearing for shooters is what I need, not listening to music almost at all. Price/budget - hard to say ofc no 500$ around 200$ I guess would be ideal point less is best more if some AMAZING options.

Hello,

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

On 3/1/2024 at 11:28 PM, Tigerleon said:

sounds interesting, could suggest any specific modmic? by bundle u mean those two headphones with usb mic bundle right?

and could elaborate why exactly those two?

EDIT

Checked MMX300 its out of budget with 300 eur price around me.
second one might be still in the budget being around 150eur + simple modmic priced around 80-90 eur.

42 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

by bundle u mean those two headphones with usb mic bundle right?

The Team Tygr bundle: https://global.beyerdynamic.com/team-tygr.html 

Or a Modmic 4 uni/ Modmic USB (get separate headphones)

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

and could elaborate why exactly those two?

They are comfy, have great sound and they are built well. I've had a couple of headphones and the Tygrs are my favorite ones.

Edit: Does your budget stretch to around $250 for the bundle? If not then it is pretty hard to get that good of a setup for the money

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

15 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

They are comfy, have great sound and they are built well. I've had a couple of headphones and the Tygrs are my favorite ones.

Edit: Does your budget stretch to around $250 for the bundle? If not then it is pretty hard to get that good of a setup for the money

but that bundle has regular big mic. thats what Im trying to run from I hate when they hang or stand in front of me Im bumping into them cant move my hands freely etc for me personally its a big no no, I understand quality but still a no.

I tried looking for a modmic 4 some videos showed modmic 5 too and damn compared quality is way way better. but I also found v-moda boom pro mic, its very similar to modmic5 and priced low, sadly not in stock anywhere in my country.

4 hours ago, Hunlight said:

but that bundle has regular big mic. thats what Im trying to run from I hate when they hang or stand in front of me Im bumping into them cant move my hands freely etc for me personally its a big no no, I understand quality but still a no.

I tried looking for a modmic 4 some videos showed modmic 5 too and damn compared quality is way way better. but I also found v-moda boom pro mic, its very similar to modmic5 and priced low, sadly not in stock anywhere in my country.

Alright. Well, the Vmoda Boom Pro only works with headphones with detachable cables. Also, the quality of it is pretty bad with the cable, control box, and overall plastics from what I've heard.

I'd say, Tygr 300R with a Modmic or Fidelio X2HR or even the SHP 9600 with Vmoda Boom Pro if you can find it.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

The Drop + EPOS PC38X is a great option under $200. The integrated mic is good and the drivers are the same as Sennheiser HD560S headphones afaik. But the build quality itself is cheaper than regular Sennheiser headphones to keep the price lower. It's worth mentioning that it's open backed though, so background noise like your PC won't be blocked out. That also means you won't have to bother with sidetone though. And for my personal head shape they were rather uncomfortable, which is the main reason I returned them. Sound-wise they were very good.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

The Drop + EPOS PC38X is a great option under $200. The integrated mic is good and the drivers are the same as Sennheiser HD6XX headphones afaik. But the build quality itself is cheaper than regular Sennheiser headphones to keep the price lower. It's worth mentioning that it's open backed though, so background noise like your PC won't be blocked out. That also means you won't have to bother with sidetone though. And for my personal head shape they were rather uncomfortable, which is the main reason I returned them. Sound-wise they were very good.

PC38X is a modified HD560S, still very much the best sounding headset you can get under Audeze Maxwell. The Sennheiser HD58X uses 560S drivers in a 6xx chassis, maybe that's where you got mixed up? 

Just now, Cocococo said:

PC38X is a modified HD560S, still very much the best sounding headset you can get under Audeze Maxwell. The Sennheiser HD58X uses 560S drivers in a 6xx chassis, maybe that's where you got mixed up? 

Yeah I wasn't sure which drivers they used exactly, just that it was a from another standalone Sennheiser headphone. Thanks for clearing that up!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

atm continue to use my MH752. I bought the v-mod boom mic, quality its amazing I really did not expect that much for the price but its amazing. and it comes with its own cable that connects instead of original headset cable, so it also fixed the MH752 headset cable audio problem!!. So far using it for a few days and quality is amazing, will take a look at potential headphones in nearby future from the ones you suggested.