How can the LTT Forum community be better?

3 hours ago, BoomerDutch said:

Agree for not enough memes

Mods here REALLY don't like memes.

14 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

In general, no. We have megathreads for discussions that are constantly on. Like for music, cars, guns, setups etc. Also, posting about same subject more than once overall and across multiple subforums is form of spamming. This too is mentioned in Community Standards. 

ya but some times you ask 2 question in one post and to not make 2 different post asking 2 different questions as people were given crap for doing...

so its a guess to were it should be posted.

if some so say post about say gpu temps and then alot of people sugest geting a better case sould the post now be moved to cases and mods? sould the op make a new post in case to ask about cases now? i mean like its confusing...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

17 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Suspended because used the word 'memes'

We-gonna-grab-him GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

7 minutes ago, filpo said:

Suspended because said the word 'memes'

Never suspended but tons of warnings.  I'm a slow learner.

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont see why there not a sandbox form for new people. other forms have done it. i get it is will be post of saying hi or making up post to enter the froms but i still think it would help. i dont no i mean you can try it and have people check it out to see if it works on not. i mean can be too hard to make a video and post it?

not everyone is born on forms an has been doing since there were a baby... back then forms were vary different from each other but now they look then same. like today im on corsair forms to ask a question i didnt get an  answer too here... but the form looks the same. pluse there people like me that would find a video helpfull. ya i get it this is forms and froms you read.

i dont no just imo

I know you have dyslexia, and here I don't quite follow what you want to say. We have Test Posts section as in sandbox to try out things. What we currently don't have is updated guide on features of forums. Rest, like general rules and subforum specific rules are available and pinned or in subforum description.

Would it be too hard to make short video? No. But who would make it? We could write a guide, like this from 7 years ago, but it would still need to be forced on new members, and still wouldn't fix things. 

59 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya but some times you ask 2 question in one post and to not make 2 different post asking 2 different questions as people were given crap for doing...

so its a guess to were it should be posted.

There are situations. Most of the time when we see people posting multiple threads, they are iterations or mew steps of existing question. Like new build or troubleshooting. And people posting to multiple subforums to gain more views. Also any thread which is more open-ended (examples on my previous post), if there's active megathread for it already, then it belongs to that megathread.

Very occasionally I see threads with multiple questions that are very different or not about same general subject. For example, new programmer asking about software, sites and general tips. All could be own threads, but relate to each other, so work in single thread better. But if gamer asks why their Fortnite is lagging and what mouse they should be using, those are very different things and should be in separed threads.

59 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

if some so say post about say gpu temps and then alot of people sugest geting a better case sould the post now be moved to cases and mods? sould the op make a new post in case to ask about cases now? i mean like its confusing...

It really is only if you want to make it confusing. If thread wanders to different topic than what it started with, it stays where it started. If discussion would wander really far from original subject, like asking about GPU temps and issues and then wandering to what gaming monitor is best, then its should be posted as new thread. But in your example. discussion about cases is evolution of original and related to it as possible solution to problem. So its not issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, filpo said:

We all make mistakes

Exhibit A

here was my big oof

Screenshot 2024-02-27 123754.png

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

16 hours ago, Anonymous1234 said:

Does anyone have any ideas how the Linus Tech Tips forum could be better?

I think part of the issue, while looking at your post history, is using LTT forums for your own thought experiment.  Cool things about the Iphone, or Intel vs AMD, etc.

You're asking things that are just a thought in your head and not a basis for asking a question due to making a decision.

If you want to just chat, maybe use Discord or the Off Topic or General Discussion forums.  The other forums are usually about people helping other solve problems they're having.

Nothing wrong with what you're asking, just maybe it's not the best place to do so?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

9 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

I think part of the issue, while looking at your post history, is using LTT forums for your own thought experiment.  Cool things about the Iphone, or Intel vs AMD, etc.

You're asking things that are just a thought in your head and not a basis for asking a question due to making a decision.

If you want to just chat, maybe use Discord or the Off Topic or General Discussion forums.  The other forums are usually about people helping other solve problems they're having.

Nothing wrong with what you're asking, just maybe it's not the best place to do so?

this is posted in the discussion forms? and we are discussing it🤔

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

this is posted in the discussion forms? and we are discussing it🤔

His other posts, which prompted this post... is what I am talking about 🙂

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 hour ago, Dedayog said:

His other posts, which prompted this post... is what I am talking about 🙂

ya i dont no what its about i didnt read it but they are new so things like this happen.

lots of people dont really no what to do or were to post.

there are post about things like what is the meaning of like an well hard to really answer but people try. but they dont get it and want like something written on stone. some people like that are hard to do much about and there post can be closed thinking people are after them. but that just the internet.

3 hours ago, Dedayog said:

Or even status updates can be a good way to talk to people on here about that sort of thing.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

These are the two things that are missing. 

I kid.  It would be nice if there was a clear way to ... get together with forum members for some PCMR GAMING!!!!.  I know it is possible but you know.  IF that possibility was put out there more.    That'd be cool. 

3 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

get together with forum members for some PCMR GAMING!!!!

what we need is an app from lmg that looks exactly like tinder that helps you find people to do LAN parties with near you

37 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

what we need is an app from lmg that looks exactly like tinder that helps you find people to do LAN parties with near you

That would be nightmare.

But if your gamer bullies had that app too and find you and invite you.😱

Or memer will slide memes under the door every day.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

8 hours ago, BoomerDutch said:

That would be nightmare.

But if your gamer bullies had that app too and find you and invite you.😱

Or memer will slide memes under the door every day.

Sounds like a fun life

On 2/27/2024 at 8:26 AM, Anonymous1234 said:

The reason that I think that there are things that could be better is because when I asked a tech question that might seen a little dumb to some but is pretty valid for me, I got essentially cussed at and my question was stopped by a moderator.

If you ever have a question about a moderator action, just pm the mod or the team, we are very open to discussing things.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:36 AM, Anonymous1234 said:

I just want it known that I wasn't intending to waste anyone's time or disobey they rules.

I would not worry about such things. If you are ever called out ot bullied for asking questions just that person and moderators will handle it. 

On 2/27/2024 at 10:50 AM, Anonymous1234 said:

I am new here so I'm still learning just fyi.

No worries, everyone is new at some point and the community understands this. Only the pricks are mean. Again, if you are harassed, report them.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:54 AM, thrasher_565 said:

i think there should be a mod vote if something should be removed or not. because some times its w/e the mod feels at the time and some might have a bios with serten people or topics.

Moderators have an internal checks and balances. A lot of time we discuss issues before acting.

If you disagree with a mod action, contact us, we are open to community feedback.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:13 PM, Anonymous1234 said:

Ohhhh so they don't want us to make multiples of one topic?

Nope it just clutters the forum and is difficult to track the conversation. One subject, one topic, one thread.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:30 PM, Erioch said:

We love them, as long as they are appropriate, within the rules and posted in the appropriate place.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

We love them, as long as they are appropriate, within the rules and posted in the appropriate place.

I'm glad too, otherwise I wouldn't have nearly as good a source of linus memes 👍

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:
On 2/27/2024 at 11:30 AM, Erioch said:

df0.gif

2 minutes ago, Erioch said:

df0.gif

why wouldn't they like memes-

Linus NFT's

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

10 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

why wouldn't they like memes-

Because they like to send out warnings abut them.  Maybe they just like warnings... Hmm.

3 hours ago, Erioch said:

Because they like to send out warnings abut them.  Maybe they just like warnings... Hmm.

what're you talking about?