is Apple TV 4K worth it

I have a tcl p735 43" and ive been looking at getting a Apple TV cause the interface is really slow, it supports dolby vision and everything so it would be fine with that but I just wanna know if other people have had good experiences with Apple TVs

Do you need an Apple TV 4K? I think a firestick 4K is probably cheaper + can jailbreak it for other needs involving media.

Personally I know it's a steep price but the firestick 4k has done everything really well for my usage case scenario. A lot better than the normal firesticks. 4K sticks got more specs and stuff so it's not slow compared to normal firesticks.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

13 minutes ago, SImoHayha said:

Do you need an Apple TV 4K? I think a firestick 4K is probably cheaper + can jailbreak it for other needs involving media.

Personally I know it's a steep price but the firestick 4k has done everything really well for my usage case scenario. A lot better than the normal firesticks. 4K sticks got more specs and stuff so it's not slow compared to normal firesticks.

im pretty sure you can also side load apps to the Apple TV and even if I can't I wouldn't need to as everything I would use is already supported by it and I would rather have the Apple TV as I have Apple Music and I would like to use it properly instead of a android version

Just now, Dream Driver 47 said:

im pretty sure you can also side load apps to the Apple TV and even if I can't I wouldn't need to as everything I would use is already supported by it and I would rather have the Apple TV as I have Apple Music and I would like to use it properly instead of a android version

I see then I'd just get one then, plenty of experience from people saying it runs great and fast.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

If Apple TV fits your needs they are pretty good, and it's harder to find streaming devices with ethernet to avoid WiFi.

i've had almost all the different versions of amazons firetv stick including the 4k one (not the new 4k max one though) before switching to the 4k apple tv, and let me tell you, the fire sticks suck. they suck so bad that if you haven't used an appletv then you don't even realize what youre missing. Apps seem to work better on the appletv, have more features, and it performs faster both in terms of network speed (everything i use is on wifi, same room, same locaton) and also in terms of general app loading/navigation speed.

23 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

If Apple TV fits your needs they are pretty good, and it's harder to find streaming devices with ethernet to avoid WiFi.

I can't use ethernet because of the placement of the router in my house but ill still get the ethernet version to future proof it just in case

I've tried pretty much every smart TV platform out there from Fire to Roku to Nvidia Shield Pro. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that nothing comes close to the quality and consistency of the Apple TV. It's absolutely worth the money in my opinion.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

They are absolutely the best streaming box on the market. The real question is, do you have an iPhone or other Apple Devices? Because if not, your experience using it will be sub optimal, if not downright difficult. If you do have an iPhone, it's an unrivaled product. It's significantly more powerful than any other streaming box considering it's just an iPhone with an HDMI port. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

On 2/18/2024 at 1:23 PM, DrMacintosh said:

They are absolutely the best streaming box on the market. The real question is, do you have an iPhone or other Apple Devices? Because if not, your experience using it will be sub optimal, if not downright difficult. If you do have an iPhone, it's an unrivaled product. It's significantly more powerful than any other streaming box considering it's just an iPhone with an HDMI port. 

ive got a iPhone and a MacBook so it should be good for me, another reason why I even considered it is because my tv isn't up to spec for airplay and I would sometimes like do to that so yea