Looking at buying my 3rd ever pair of headphones.

I'm thinking about swapping out my Corsair Void wireless headphones for a pair of wireless Astros or perhaps more audiophile grade wireless headphones and slap on a modmic. I'm only using audiophile to differentiate from your typical gaming style of headphones/headsets.

My first "real headphones" where a pair of wired A50's(I think) I bought about 10 years ago. I don't know when exactly but I wanted to go wireless so I got a pair of Voids from Corsair. I think they had just shortly came out at the time I bought them.

Looking at the current version of the wireless Astros I like how they handle charging with a dock/pins vs a cable, which mine is starting to crack.

I'm just curious before pulling the trigger if there are any "wireless audiophile" headphones with the same or similar method of charging where I don't have to worry about my cable breaking. Oh, and while not a deal breaker I'm thinking of going open-back for audiophile headphones.

PS: I will primarily be using these for gaming and YouTube/Movies

Edited by Gpizzle135

a50s never were wired. a50s have always been wireless, i dont remember if they had a wired mode. a40 use to be the top tier for ASTRO, then a40 TR. Very comfy headsets.

Generally speaking it comes down to what you want from the headphone audio wise. If you enjoy the astro sound signature be my guest and buy their new ones, although they are getting quite expensive.

I wouldnt really consider anything from logitec, their recent headphones are all having major issues, and im not sure if that will bleed into astro since they are owned by them.

Would you say your budget is 300-500$?

i went from A40s, to a40 TRs, to Sennheiser HD6xx. Honestly the sound improvement was well worth it. I am bias to not liking wireless headphones/headsets due sound quality.

6 hours ago, Gpizzle135 said:

I'm thinking about swapping out my Corsair Void wireless headphones for a pair of wireless Astros or perhaps more audiophile grade wireless headphones and slap on a modmic. I'm only using audiophile to differentiate from your typical gaming style of headphones/headsets.

My first "real headphones" where a pair of wired A50's(I think) I bought about 10 years ago. I don't know when exactly but I wanted to go wireless so I got a pair of Voids from Corsair. I think they had just shortly came out at the time I bought them.

Looking at the current version of the wireless Astros I like how they handle charging with a dock/pins vs a cable, which mine is starting to crack.

I'm just curious before pulling the trigger if there are any "wireless audiophile" headphones with the same or similar method of charging where I don't have to worry about my cable breaking. Oh, and while not a deal breaker I'm thinking of going open-back for audiophile headphones.

PS: I will primarily be using these for gaming and YouTube/Movies

If you have a higher budget. Get the Audeze Maxwell. Also definitely look up reviews on them!

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

7 hours ago, Shimejii said:

a50s never were wired. a50s have always been wireless, i dont remember if they had a wired mode. a40 use to be the top tier for ASTRO, then a40 TR. Very comfy headsets.

Generally speaking it comes down to what you want from the headphone audio wise. If you enjoy the astro sound signature be my guest and buy their new ones, although they are getting quite expensive.

I wouldnt really consider anything from logitec, their recent headphones are all having major issues, and im not sure if that will bleed into astro since they are owned by them.

Would you say your budget is 300-500$?

i went from A40s, to a40 TRs, to Sennheiser HD6xx. Honestly the sound improvement was well worth it. I am bias to not liking wireless headphones/headsets due sound quality.

They where most likely the a40's than, they most definitely not wireless.

As for price range $300 is the top end of what I would want to spend. $300 USD being close to almost $400 Cad.

+1 on the Maxwell these are the best sounding wireless headphones imo ATM. They sound solid.  While not as good as a cheaper wired solution this is definitely a hifi set of cans

I forgot to mention originally that I have a wheel and pedal setup on a TV not far from computer, but far enough to make wired headphones annoying. So wireless is pretty much a need to have. Will check out those Maxwell's later