The All Logitech Setup

AdamFromLTT

Logitech makes a lot of computer peripherals. From keyboards for your mom, to keyboards for your gamer bros, if there is a category of product that lives on your desk, Logitech probably has their hat in the ring. And after creating some of iconic pieces of kit, like the Logitech G Pro Superlight, or the MX Master line-up of products, it's no wonder why they're a top brand in a space crowded with competitors like Corsair, Razer, Cooler Master, and many more. But is it all good? We build a full gaming setup using only Logitech products to find out.

This felt like a missed opportunity to critise Logitech's G Hub for its many shortcomings. The ones that annoy me most are:

• The software's default profile settings can't be changed or overridden. This means whenever G Hub detects a new game and creates a default profile for it, It will be setup to match the out of box default profile instead of it being setup to match the desktop default the user has set, making setup a complete chore.
  • Many of the useful setting are obfiscated by the terriable UI that often leads to multiple wasted seconds or minutes searching for something that should be easy to find.
  • If you have "persistent" mode (which stops G Hub from switching profiles on its own) turned on, it will ask you to disable "persistent" mode before you can switch profiles manually. I know they want you to use the automatic switching feature but sometimes I want to choose which profile I'm using without G Hub getting in the way and...
  • G Hub only detects a very small number of installed games and adding games by navigating to the exe dosn't work very often either.

I like Logitech's products, I just wish their software would improve.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

At least the "all crap from a Chinese slave labor marketplace" videos have some funny products.

This isn't interesting or novel. I'm sure lots of people have "all Logitech setups," because they're a very well-known brand and/or people think there will be some tangible benefit from having all of their peripherals come from the same company.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 hours ago, will0hlep said:

This felt like a missed opportunity to critise Logitech's G Hub for its many shortcomings. The ones that annoy me most are:

• The software's default profile settings can't be changed or overridden. This means whenever G Hub detects a new game and creates a default profile for it, It will be setup to match the out of box default profile instead of it being setup to match the desktop default the user has set, making setup a complete chore.
  • Many of the useful setting are obfiscated by the terriable UI that often leads to multiple wasted seconds or minutes searching for something that should be easy to find.
  • If you have "persistent" mode (which stops G Hub from switching profiles on its own) turned on, it will ask you to disable "persistent" mode before you can switch profiles manually. I know they want you to use the automatic switching feature but sometimes I want to choose which profile I'm using without G Hub getting in the way and...
  • G Hub only detects a very small number of installed games and adding games by navigating to the exe dosn't work very often either.

I like Logitech's products, I just wish their software would improve.

I would have returned both my logitech G mice if they didn't have OnboardMemoryManager. its almost mandatory

CPU: i7 4790k Motherboard: Z97 Gryphon Asus MATX RAM 16GB: Kingston Hyper X 1600mhz GPU: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB (2 Way-SLI) Case: Corsair Air 240 Storage:1TB Samsung 840 Evo PSU: Corsair 750w Bronze Display(s): ASUS ROG Swift (2) Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Sound: Sennheiser G4me Zero, Audio Engine A5+ S8 Sub Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate https://pcpartpicker.com/user/negrocaucasian/saved/#view=yb3dnQ

Small ranting (and nothing else) so skip my reply if not interested, but personally I'm not buying anything from Logitech anytime soon.

---

I currently own a MX Keys and a Superlight 2, and the build quality as well as the lack of features for these supposedly "fairly high-end" (100 to 150$ !) peripherals is really "meh" at best, if not laughable.

My keyboard has no Num.Lock light indicator at ALL while the "paint" on my most pressed keys (QWEASD for your qwerty users) is litteraly starting to peel off after only 6 months of use. In the meantime, my mouse doesn't have any physical button to change its DPI and zero option to have free scrolling.

The G-Hub software like a user said above is just plain horrible to use, OMM (Onboard Memory Manager) isn't much better but at least it works fine. The "Logitech Option +" required to disable FN keys being activated by default on my keyboard is also annoying. And If I uninstall these "bloatwares" (they couldn't even make an AIO one), all my settings are reverted to default ! Really big brain move, Logitech  😐

Before that I had a KC6000 Slim (IMO an excellent bang for bucks if you like flat keyboards), and a Zowie EC2-A. Both were 3 if not 4 times cheaper than their "high end" logitech counterpart yet the quality felt pretty much the same. A tad bit worse I'll admit, but pretty similar.

So overall I feel like I got screwed by Logitech and paid a lot just for the branding. Maybe I just had two bad unrelated experiences, but that's enough for me. Like Linus often says "Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, three times is a pattern", and I just wanna make sure I won't end up in this situation 👀

---

TLDR: I spent ~150$ (twice) for what feels like 50$ peripherals aside from how they look. I simply expected more than honestly fairly crappy softwares, and more than the bare minimum for the hardware.

The "paint" on my keyboard keys is litteraly peeling off and there is no Num.Lock light indicator at all, while my mouse has no physical button to change the DPI nor an option to have free scrolling. I feel like I paid for the branding more than anything else and I'm overall disappointed. 😕

I have a modern MX518 and keyboard and it doesn't feel as good as the old one and the software was terrible to the point I uninstalled it and don't use the game profiles for the RGB keyboard. 

I like the "all X" format though.

The all Logitech setup

> No Logitech PC

> No Logitech monitor

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

In keeping with the "the all X setup" video theme you should do a "the all Seasonic setup" joke shorts video with just a power supply and paperclip bridging the 24pin connector to turn it on. 10/10 setup.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, ToboRobot said:

Is Corsair the most complete gaming "ecosystem"?

yes they dont have a mobo or gpu though

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, Tideroo said:

So overall I feel like I got screwed by Logitech and paid a lot just for the branding.

I'm just curious, did you perhaps reach out to Logitech directly for help (for the physical products that is, the software I agree is pretty bad)? Not denying your experience at all, though personally I've found Logitech's after sales support to be some of the best out there, and it's quite possible they would love to try fixing your products if you gave them the chance.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

3 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

I would believe so. If you include the pre-built Corsair computers then you could have an entire Corsair setup. If you exclude the pre-built computer and only include Corsair hardware, I think you're just missing CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Corsair also owns Elgato now so that's a lot of additional streaming focused peripherals like lights, streamdeck, webcam. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

I would believe so. If you include the pre-built Corsair computers then you could have an entire Corsair setup. If you exclude the pre-built computer and only include Corsair hardware, I think you're just missing CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Corsair also owns Elgato now so that's a lot of additional streaming focused peripherals like lights, streamdeck, webcam. 

Should have added EVGA 😕 to the portfolio.

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

GPU

Not sure if this counts, but didn't Corsair partner with MSI to make certain 980 Ti and 1080 Ti Water Cooled models? Obv somewhat old cards but I think they did make them. Which means I think yeah they'd only be missing CPU and Motherboard, so perhaps EVGA would one up them there? (Cause they make the motherboards lol)

Something like this I think?: 

Spoiler

image.png.00516d5b9efd4777c9ca271bc19e917b.png

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

1 minute ago, Birblover12 said:

Which means I think yeah they'd only be missing CPU and Motherboard, so perhaps EVGA would one up them there?

It's easy to forget how much random stuff EVGA has tried selling over the years. I think if you tried to do an EVGA build you'd just be missing storage (and CPU obviously). But a lot would be old obscure parts. Like this weird double monitor https://www.cnet.com/reviews/evga-interview-1700-dual-monitor-system-review/

31 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

I'm just curious, did you perhaps reach out to Logitech directly for help (for the physical products that is, the software I agree is pretty bad)? Not denying your experience at all, though personally I've found Logitech's after sales support to be some of the best out there, and it's quite possible they would love to try fixing your products if you gave them the chance.

I must admit that I haven't, I usually never reach out to the seller/brand for anything I buy unless it's more than just mildly annoying (I don't like dealing with warranty stuff and after-sales service, especially when I can only talk via mail as I'm deaf - But that's not really the point).  Besides there's nothing much to fix appart from the "paint" peeling off from my keys lol, everything else is just a feature straight up missing.  😕

But just in case I'll make a thread about it on the official subreddit (at least to warn people about it) and I'll see if they reply to me. Fingers crossed ! 🙂

EDIT : In case you're curious about what it looks like, it's very similar to this image but a bit more damaged (never had this issue with other KBs btw) :

Spoiler

1708045919-bad-quality-keys-on-mx-keys-k

We use the Mevo camera at my Church to do our livestreams. We’ve had it for years and haven’t had any problems with it so far. Great little product.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:03 PM, AdamFromLTT said:

Logitech makes a lot of computer peripherals. From keyboards for your mom, to keyboards for your gamer bros, if there is a category of product that lives on your desk, Logitech probably has their hat in the ring. And after creating some of iconic pieces of kit, like the Logitech G Pro Superlight, or the MX Master line-up of products, it's no wonder why they're a top brand in a space crowded with competitors like Corsair, Razer, Cooler Master, and many more. But is it all good? We build a full gaming setup using only Logitech products to find out.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t like the start of this video as it came across as very pro-Logitech but it quickly became very apparent that this wasn’t the situation and the cons (price, proprietary connectors, price, being smacked by Razer) were very apparent.

i would have added a smidge more context at the start is all 🙂 

On 2/16/2024 at 1:35 AM, ToboRobot said:

they have a lot, expensive and some with more bugs and costs. some areas that logitech could be similar.

Had bad mouses from them both, sucks that logitech used proprietary connections but with standard connectors that or battery can start failing.

Then you have mouse switches on both brands that can have issues, and corsair like designs can have issues with it's plastic/complexity, harder to clean and various issues with its structure. not sure how many mouse wheel issues there with these brands.

modern/gaming mouses are such a pain, some doesn't last beyond 2y of medium/heavy use or gets into an "half working state".

rgb and memory in these devices can add more conflict. just hope their drivers dont break or somehow malware/spyware can be added to memory.

One thing to note is their warranty/ CS has gone through the floor. Reps stop replying to you, and contacting them on socials don't help. This is after their call trees route to nowhere (us- no one picks up) as well as their chat app (No one responds after the bot guides you through). 

PC in Profile