Linus says he is a top 40 listener.. Let's recommend some actual music for him.

ptav

Linus has been saying this in videos regarding audio gear for some time. But not only that top 40 music is bad, it also doesn't suit well for listening tests because of "Beats-type" mixing(of course varies, but seems to be a trend). So lets list some great music for him, which doesn't suffer from trying to sell or generally sound unsurprisingly boring.

Linus is a curious human being. I guarantee he will try something out from this thread if he sees it.

I'll list something a bit later. 

lets people listen to what they want to, we all have different tastes, im not recommending him anything, he will find stuff that he likes in time.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Linus has been saying this in videos regarding audio gear for some time. But not only that top 40 music is bad, it also doesn't suit well for listening tests because of "Beats-type" mixing(of course varies, but seems to be a trend). So lets list some great music for him, which doesn't suffer from trying to sell or generally sound unsurprisingly boring.

Linus is a curious human being. I guarantee he will try something out from this thread if he sees it.

I'll list something a bit later. 

Top 40 is THE most popular music.... in your opinion it is bad but clearly millions of people disagree

Music is like THE most subjective thing ever, recommendations are tough and people will always like things different to you. You just have to appreciate peoples taste. 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Top 40 is THE most popular music.... in your opinion it is bad but clearly millions of people disagree

Music is like THE most subjective thing ever, recommendations are tough and people will always like things different to you. You just have to appreciate peoples taste. 

why even appreciate it?

just don't care. It's none of our business.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

tbh the only thing I like dubstep for is testing speakers. The extreme bass and treble can easily sound mushy if you play it through a piece of shit.

why even appreciate it?

This.

I will never be friends with someone into Bieber and Cyrus and don't care for the radio these days. But if someone wants to listen to that, that's on them. I'll listen to things I wanna listen to. Simple.

I'm sure someone on LTT probably loathes dubstep or groups from the 60's like The Temptations, not going to sway me one bit. I have a varied taste of music that either annoys someone or makes someone else have something in common with me. Billions of people on the planet, can't please them all.

why even appreciate it?

That is what I meant, appreciate that it is their taste not yours, that they are free to like what they like. I just thought it was a nice way of saying not giving a shit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It is extremely true that it's subjective. But how can one know what he likes of if he hasn't heard of anything else than that what is advertised by big record companies? I don't know anyone who has done some musical exploring and gone back to pop completely.

That is what I meant, appreciate that it is their taste not yours, that they are free to like what they like. I just thought it was a nice way of saying not giving a shit

why even appreciate it?

I agree with you two completely in that that what someone does is none of anyone else's business. He may be happy with that what he listens and that's nice. But it doesn't mean that he couldn't enjoy something else even more. Intention of this thread was to list something else for Linus and possibly other pop-listening people in a friendly and nice way so they can try it if they want to do such thing. I worded opening post a bit badly, I admit.

How about this?

pls. :D

How about this?

NO.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

NO.

Fine, how about Cake they are a good band if you like classic rock and horns/trumpets.