Review of Dell's terrible customer service

Back in December I decided to go and buy myself an early christmas present. I had been eying the Alienware 34dwfOLED for awhile and noticed it was on sale. Sweet! I put my order in and waited patiently. About a week later it gets delivered to my door in my apartment complex and I open it up to find that it is full of bags of rocks. I immediately take pictures and get into contact with Dell customer service. They said they'll look into it and get back to me the next day. Two days pass. I contact them again. They state that the package was "carrier certifed" and I cant recieve a refund or replacement because the package was signed for. I told them I did not sign for the package. They told me they would get back to me shortly. Three days passed. I have to initate contact AGAIN. They repeate the same garbage as last time while wasting 3hrs of my time in call center/let me transfer you to someone who can help hell. Dell is now ghosting me. They refuse to respond to any of my emails regarding my issue and continually leave me on hold for 30+mintues until I hang up. 0/10. I will never buy anything from dell ever again.

contact your bank, many debit and credit cards have buyer protections

did you pay with paypal, paypal has their own refund process. if you already tried a refund process through the seller, you can submit that and your evidence to paypal and they will then reach out to the seller to issue a refund.

You bought it directly from Dell ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I agree with others that a chargeback may be the best course at this point.

Before that though; I would try reaching out to Dell Support one more time and threaten said action if they don't make good on the situation. Chargebacks hurt a business, so often times just threatening it will be enough for them to finally take action to assist.

dude never, ever buy a ****ing dell or HP product for the rest of your life. no matter how much they pay LTT or other tubers for advertising.

11 hours ago, johnt said:

dude never, ever buy a ****ing dell or HP product for the rest of your life. no matter how much they pay LTT or other tubers for advertising.

their business/enterprise models are well and good. but yeah I haven't recommend anyone touch their consumer level products for years.

Threatening them financially may help you here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

14 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Threatening them financially may help you here.

Threatening won't get OP anywhere. They will note it on his account and not respond further. Years ago I used to work for a dealer and as soon as someone made a threat either legal or financial any further communication with them went to the legal team. Depending on how OP paid there consumer protections on most credit and debit cards.

44 minutes ago, voyager_ said:

Threatening won't get OP anywhere. They will note it on his account and not respond further. Years ago I used to work for a dealer and as soon as someone made a threat either legal or financial any further communication with them went to the legal team. Depending on how OP paid there consumer protections on most credit and debit cards.

Correct. If they paid with a credit or debit card, going through the bank is the best course of action, and that's part of "threatening them financially". You basically force them into a chargeback situation. A normal consumer by themselves will have little impact on the manufacturer. Credit cards are easier to deal with in this situstion versus debit cards, at least in the States. 

And in this situation, it's absolutely fucking critical to get as much evidence as possible, including the timeline of events that occurred. Usually labeling will be present on the box, which can also be used in your favor. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch