Bought an Intel Arc a750, did I make a mistake?

Go to solution Solved by Brady AKA MrHoot2000,

I have decided to keep the order, but if it doesn't work out, I am going to return it and order an RX 6600. I hope it performs well, I really want to support Intel's GPU business! 

I just want to give Arc a shot, and the most graphically intensive thing I do is 1080p high with no RT on AAA games. It was $190 USD. I didn't want to go with an RX 6600 just because AMD's OpenGL implementation doesn't work with some of the games I play (Intel's does work, I checked). 

I really hate chemistry.

2 minutes ago, Brady AKA MrHoot2000 said:

I just want to give Arc a shot, and the most graphically intensive thing I do is 1080p high with no RT on AAA games. It was $190 USD. I didn't want to go with an RX 6600 just because AMD's OpenGL implementation doesn't work with some of the games I play (Intel's does work, I checked). 

I would just say test it and see if it fullfills your needs. Yes? Perfect. No? Return it and get something different.

Did you do research when you were going to purchase it?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What do you mean opengl doesnt work?

Do you mean the 2 drivers they had that broke opengl for a couple months? Thats been fixed for a bit.

As for the arc. 190$ ain bad but not something id give for a first gen product when a rx6600 is available.

23 minutes ago, Brady AKA MrHoot2000 said:

I just want to give Arc a shot, and the most graphically intensive thing I do is 1080p high with no RT on AAA games

Does the motherboard you have support resizable bar? Rbar is pretty crucial to Arc's gaming performance, and without it you will be looking at some significantly reduced performance. 

As for long-term, Intel has quite the competition to match up with in terms of driver support. Thus far, AMD and Nvidia  have significantly more stable and user-friendly driver suites.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What do you mean opengl doesnt work?

I play a couple of games with shaders that makes the game simply not run. 

I really hate chemistry.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Does the motherboard you have support resizable bar?

Made sure to turn that on as soon as I got my PC. 

I really hate chemistry.

Just now, Brady AKA MrHoot2000 said:

Made sure to turn that on as soon as I got my PC. 

In that case the A750 was probably not a terrible choice. As was mentioned before, whether or not it delivers the experience you are looking for is the bottom line. And the pricing on the Arc graphics cards so far has been favorable, so you're probably not going to feel like you got snubbed on value.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If it can play 4K movies at 48fps in HDR then you’ve probably future proofed your rig, Body Cam is really the only new game worth playing but a new sims game and an off-roading game will be out and I think they both use UE5.3 so it’s probably fine for 1080 40fps. 

the drivers have come a long way for the ARCs, from what I've heard, the only place they really struggle still is with VR.

A750 is fine. 
I’ve been using an A770 since launch and almost all of the driver related issues were fixed months ago, and the cards continue to improve every update.

1080p should be no issue for it.

I have decided to keep the order, but if it doesn't work out, I am going to return it and order an RX 6600. I hope it performs well, I really want to support Intel's GPU business! 

I really hate chemistry.