Putting in new HD into tray but screws don't align. Can I disregard screws?

It's not wide enough to secure from the sides and bottom holes don't align with the trays bottom holes. Can I still use HD here without it being screwed in? 

20240124_182708.jpg

20240124_182736.jpg

20240124_182724.jpg

Check to see side screws align, I don’t remember screwing in. 3.5” disk through bottom, like ever.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

Check to see side screws align, I don’t remember screwing in. 3.5” disk through bottom, like ever.

The holes on the side do align but the HD isn't wide enough to be flush with the sides. 

25 minutes ago, Levent said:

If you can see in my second picture. There is a small gap between the HD and sides. 

13 minutes ago, Crazy Mad Dog Blade said:

If you can see in my second picture. There is a small gap between the HD and sides. 

Thats fine as long as the screws hold the HDD.

What chassis is this?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Modern HDDs (eg past 5yrs) have been omitting the middle screws which it seems that chassis requires. There just isn't space to put screwholes there on high-platter-count drives. You could use the two front screws and that'd be fine unless the HDD is hanging upside down - else, you'd want to also use side screws if possible.