CORSAIR case buttons - sinking! Corsair 3000D power button - broken brackets & sunk in 3 months from new!

TB_SP

This is cheap..well...this is a whole new level of cheap!

In photos Corsair 3000D button / panel undone.

Watch this space - let's see if they have a replacement plastic bracket(as button fused in plastic fantastic from factory)

I build systems for customers, must have 50+ Corsair cases bought along the last 3-4 years. My system sits in a 7000D Corsair case...

Question is... covered by warranty? It's a modular panel, as you can see in photos, with a plastic cover that just simply unscrews, with a power-on button plastic-molded from factory.

The button's supports are so thin it's just sad... for a 90€ case, it could have a button design to last a few years, as it won't be pressed by 1 week old kittens, it will be humans, and used in the real world!

Finding lots of reports about the 3000D and 4000D on reddit.. 

Last photo - the switch still works, only the top button cover is detached and sinking as brackets and middle bit torn apart!

No money left in the budget for a decent button in a made in China case of 90€? 

I was told the warranty is...to send the case back and see if Corsair says it's covered. How about this - I'll buy the pathetic plastic bracket and replace it ? Or you(Corsair) pay me to move all components into another box... ?

What a joke! PS: Switch unharmed, still works...

I'm buying corsair to avoid problems with cheap brands - like buttons, front panels, etc.. will have to find a better alternative!

20240122_130147.jpg

20240122_130433.jpg

20240122_130555.jpg

20240122_130558.jpg

20240122_130645.jpg

20240122_130759.jpg

20240122_130658.jpg

Easy solution: contact Corsair again and tell them that is not an acceptable solution. Escalate it to the team lead and so on to you get a satisfactory answer. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

22 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Easy solution: contact Corsair again and tell them that is not an acceptable solution. Escalate it to the team lead and so on to you get a satisfactory answer. 

Absolutely... just waiting now for pacific time business hours.

I contacted local supplier...it's a typical idiotic script reading reply.

Will call Corsair soon.. but the button design / FLIMSY-ness is disturbing!

My argument with PCComponentes, a big-ish spanish pc seller, is they should argue with Corsair to get the replacement.

They offered RMA, so who pays for parts to be moved, as I offer pc builds as a service?

Print own button - ok - but that is hassle...and for what?

A US company (1 year warranty) that manufactures in China(14 days warranty), selling in EU(3 years warranty by law), with a cheap cr4p design that WILL break, and who pays? 

My mistake for choosing Corsair, won't happen again..

Bunch of jokers to make such crappy design!

X the grief network! Share if you care - that this button design cannot qualify as FIT FOR PURPOSE - a PC Case should last 3-5 years easy!

Corsair should revise the button and sell the bracket+ button separate, probably would cost them 50cents!

...there is no excuse to hide something so cheap - made in the United States of China by INCOMPETENT MONKEYS!

Sack'em...

hmm thats bs. corsair normally makes okish stuff. that button is designed to fail easy. they can spend the moeny to color the usb ports but not have a working button...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

hmm thats bs. corsair normally makes okish stuff. that button is designed to fail easy. they can spend the moeny to color the usb ports but not have a working button...

I build PCs for some decades now...this is nonsense designed to fail!  

Just returned a 4000D Airflow new sealed that was waiting for its next onwer.

Will look for alternatives to Corsair!

3 hours ago, TB_SP said:

I build PCs for some decades now...this is nonsense designed to fail!  

Just returned a 4000D Airflow new sealed that was waiting for its next onwer.

Will look for alternatives to Corsair!

Have you tried Phanteks or Antec? I've heard they have good cases.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

I have a tracking number from Corsair.. free of charge front panel plastic bracket +button sent!

We need to stir the pot of idiocracy, to grow back a brain and not cheap out so badly... on an essential part of a computer case!

3 hours ago, TB_SP said:

I have a tracking number from Corsair.. free of charge front panel plastic bracket +button sent!

We need to stir the pot of idiocracy, to grow back a brain and not cheap out so badly... on an essential part of a computer case!

Congratulations on your victory! 😉

• 2 weeks later...

It's a VICTORY but the WAR IS Forking LOST! Utter nonsense design...

New ticket - Corsair Carbide Spec-05 - 16 months in...

I chose Corsair...later developments

Let's do the math:

Case (3000D Airflow) bought in Spain at 90€ delivered. Say Corsair gets 60-70-ish€ to have it on the shelf with local seller! Then ships the front panel complete from Netherlands via UPS - at least 20€ incl shipping & handling!

So who's the forking brains behing this utter nonsense design? To make it so easy to break then replace it on their expense?!

20240205_132839.jpg

8 hours ago, TB_SP said:

It's a VICTORY but the WAR IS Forking LOST! Utter nonsense design...

New ticket - Corsair Carbide Spec-05 - 16 months in...

I chose Corsair...later developments

Let's do the math:

Case (3000D Airflow) bought in Spain at 90€ delivered. Say Corsair gets 60-70-ish€ to have it on the shelf with local seller! Then ships the front panel complete from Netherlands via UPS - at least 20€ incl shipping & handling!

So who's the forking brains behing this utter nonsense design? To make it so easy to break then replace it on their expense?!

20240205_132839.jpg

Often, decisions are in the hands of the wrong people.