Portable Power Station question

thrasher_565

hey so i have a BLUETTI Portable Power Station EB3A, 268Wh and i want it to power my fridge but it dose not have enough power to start the compressor but i think once it started it should power it. i seen a video of a guy that used it to power his fridge for about 6 hours but his fringe use less power to start up.

so is there something in between i can buy that has enough power to start it? maybe a ups?

i was thinking on getting a bigger one but the bigger ones dont have much more starting power before the internal beaker trips.

why? when the power gose out mt freezer wont turn back on so it be nice to have it run till i get home. (atm i put it to -24 and hope its ok when i get home...)

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Why is the power going off so frequently? A new freezer, that turns back on when power is restored, might be a cheaper option?

Fridges & freezers do pull a high wattage when the compressor is running, most will pull over 1000W. Either, you need a much more powerful power station, or a portable fridge/freezer that is designed to operate at a lower peak power.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Why is the power going off so frequently? A new freezer, that turns back on when power is restored, might be a cheaper option?

Fridges & freezers do pull a high wattage when the compressor is running, most will pull over 1000W. Either, you need a much more powerful power station, or a portable fridge/freezer that is designed to operate at a lower peak power.

ya im renting from my sister and dont want to bother her for a new one as it works just the freezer dose not turn back on after power out. i have a deep freezer too and that works when powers on i just buy alot of freezer stuff... 🤔

as for why power outs not idea. dont think any one can answer this... 🤷‍♂️

ya a new fringe would be cheaper probly.

looks like the BLUETTI Portable Power Station EB3A has a 5amp 120v well better ones go to 8wat/15wat and 20wat.

im looking at the ac180/180p. the ac200L looks to be the best but its out of stock and dont no if i want to pay that much.

atm you get some savings off

ac180

ac180p

this are 15amp

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

what on earth is that thing a jetpack from no man sky?

ya i dont see how many amps it puts out...

cant see if it can do charging well on the grid and powering something at the same time

can it be powerd by solor?

i have nothing that use thows battery's.

also dont no if it can do ups 🤷‍♂️

On 1/13/2024 at 10:07 AM, thrasher_565 said:

why? when the power gose out mt freezer wont turn back on so it be nice to have it run till i get home. (atm i put it to -24 and hope its ok when i get home...)

I'm curious, what type of freezer do you have?

Not that it would necessarily be that much help (although I'm sure people might be able to look up if they have a datasheet or stuff)...but I'm genuinely curious as to what model freezer doesn't turn back on once power is restored...that seems like a very oddly designed freezer.  Actually, a freezer that is relatively full should be able to keep freezing temps for quite some time (especially if you have something like a frozen milk carton filled with water)...keeps a thermal mass that keeps things frozen.  My freezer keeps things at freezing without power for about 24 hours without power (key is not opening it unless absolutely necessary).

If you have a decent wattage meter, what does it read when it starts up (or peak wattage).

How long does your power go out for?  Like do you need something that lasts hours?  Or just enough to essentially hold off for a few minutes?

Overall I think you will find most UPS's likely won't handle freezers that well, they are sort of like laser printers...hardly any ups's work with laser printers...just draws too much in a short period of time.

Do you have a budget in mind in terms of how much you are willing to spend?  Like I mean you could go overkill and use like an ecoflow Delta, which I guess might have enough to drive it (guessing, haven't looked at it)...but it's also really expensive.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

On 1/15/2024 at 12:04 AM, wanderingfool2 said:

I'm curious, what type of freezer do you have?

Not that it would necessarily be that much help (although I'm sure people might be able to look up if they have a datasheet or stuff)...but I'm genuinely curious as to what model freezer doesn't turn back on once power is restored...that seems like a very oddly designed freezer.  Actually, a freezer that is relatively full should be able to keep freezing temps for quite some time (especially if you have something like a frozen milk carton filled with water)...keeps a thermal mass that keeps things frozen.  My freezer keeps things at freezing without power for about 24 hours without power (key is not opening it unless absolutely necessary).

If you have a decent wattage meter, what does it read when it starts up (or peak wattage).

How long does your power go out for?  Like do you need something that lasts hours?  Or just enough to essentially hold off for a few minutes?

Overall I think you will find most UPS's likely won't handle freezers that well, they are sort of like laser printers...hardly any ups's work with laser printers...just draws too much in a short period of time.

Do you have a budget in mind in terms of how much you are willing to spend?  Like I mean you could go overkill and use like an ecoflow Delta, which I guess might have enough to drive it (guessing, haven't looked at it)...but it's also really expensive.

im gussing power out for a few hours. when i get home its at like -5 from -24max. but if i leave home for a few days then it wont work. last vacation i lost everything in it.

its nice to have the backup but i do have the small one and a small bank and a laptop (witch i killed the battery...🤔) also have 2 switche's so i should be fine there.

i dont have a budget but ill spend a bit more for something thats good. i could get one that dose like 8amps for a bit more but i just dont nod if its enough you no. 

having a thing of ice in there a good idea thx.

the power use too go out alot and its not weather related. posably do to mining? but one day hydro was out side replacing a ground transformer and power outs are less but still happen. its never been out more then like 4ish hours i think. alot of my stuff has surge protectors but the fridge dose not but kinda late for that probly should add one to my deep freez

looks like its a RB193KASW samsung

compresor MK12C-L2U so 115v at 260watt = 2.2amps i would thing the EB3A should handle it? (but dosent) unless im missing something?

Refrigerator - Samsung Counter Depth Rb193kasw

compresor.png

Edited by thrasher_565

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont have a budget but ill spend a bit more for something thats good. 

Problem solved.... 

https://www.generac.com/powermove/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAzJOtBhALEiwAtwj8tmjyqAvn50MZ5d2iecrD5Uj9qmx9rwD55msbKgDPFAjNGUx4W_FAGBoCSSUQAvD_BwE

Screenshot_20240115-183754.png

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

1 hour ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

ok there bud. i would need to own a house witch is impossible...

28 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ok there bud. i would need to own a house witch is impossible...

No it's not. 

People pay way more in rent than the monthly payment on a house. 

If credit is a problem, it's within your ability to fix it. It takes time, but it can be done. 

15 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

No it's not. 

People pay way more in rent than the monthly payment on a house. 

If credit is a problem, it's within your ability to fix it. It takes time, but it can be done. 

That seems wildly overkill for a fridge though, don't you think...and it's like telling someone who responds to it by saying "get rich".  When they start off by saying that their warranty is worth over $1000 you know the product itself is going to be expensive.

At least where I live as well, you have to come up with 5% downpayment on any house (or buy insurance).  In the area I live for example as well, where the cheapest detached house you could buy comes in at probably just shy of a million; you would have to put down $100,000.  For many the ability to purchase a home is not within reasonable reach.  With current interest rates as well, that would mean a payment of $60,000 a year (that's interest alone)

On 1/15/2024 at 8:28 AM, thrasher_565 said:

looks like its a RB103KASW samsung

compresor MK12C-L2U so 115v at 260watt = 2.2amps i would thing the EB3A should handle it? (but dosent) unless im missing something?

Wow, I googled the fridge, I'm assuming you meant 193 instead of 103?  I am officially staying away from Samsung fridges, with the amount of people who were told by support to essentially just deal with it defaulting to factory default temps/requiring to be turned back on after an outage.

When motors turn on they cause a large spike before settling out.  The bit they tell you is effectively the wattage where it settles to.

I mean an EcoFlow Delta max I would assume should be able to handle it...probably would run your fridge for a really long time as well.  The downside to that though is the cost.  I think EcoFlow can work as an UPS (not 100% sure, but I'd imagine it would).

I mean you also have options like "Jackery Explorer 1000 Plus Portable Power Station" (not to be confused with the pro version), which actually shows on their infographic a freezer.  It's that peak power that really is the killer with freezers.  I'm assuming again it can work in UPS mode

Again the issue is you are looking at like $1200USD.  The benefit though is you now have an overkill system that you could use in the event of a longer power outage (if lets say you didn't need the freezer anymore)

6 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

At least where I live as well, you have to come up with 5% downpayment on any house (or buy insurance).  In the area I live for example as well, where the cheapest detached house you could buy comes in at probably just shy of a million; you would have to put down $100,000.  For many the ability to purchase a home is not within reasonable reach.  With current interest rates as well, that would mean a payment of $60,000 a year (that's interest alone)

Just more solvable excuses. 

I purchased my first house in 2009 using a First Time Homeowner program. No down payment with a small short term PMI addendum. My payment was $365 month for a small two bedroom wood frame house on an acre. 

Houses too high in your area?

1. Lower your expectations.

2. Move somewhere where the cost of living and housing is cheaper. 

3. If the houses are high in your area, so is the rent. 

4. High interest rates? Join a Credit Union. 

Last year I refinanced my current house through my credit union and dropped my interest rate from 5.62% to 2.35% on a 15 year note. 

5. Bad credit? YOU and only you can do something about that. I been through two bankruptcys. Got through them a worked hard to rebuild my credit. Hence the aforementioned 2.35 APR. 

The majority of people who say they can't afford to buy a house are just misinformed or too lazy to do the legwork. All the while they are throwing away nearly $1000 a month for rent. 

7 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

The majority of people who say they can't afford to buy a house are just misinformed or too lazy to do the legwork. All the while they are throwing away nearly $1000 a month for rent. 

I'm sorry, but that's an ignorant statement.

First where I'm from, you have to drop at least 5% downpayment...so your whole no down payment thing is instantly blown out of the water there.  A $100k house you have to pay at least $5,000 up front.

Credit unions first time buyers...yea you still can get 5%

You can get locked in pricing, and if you haven't clued in he's living with family; so most likely cheaper rent.

Not everyone has the luxury of just moving to someplace cheaper.  I live nearish to where I work.  The closest areas with "affordable" housing these days would mean I would be commuting 1+ hours to work...that means extra insurance for a vehicle, and more time spent on the vehicle itself.  That also means needing a reliable car to do that, unless you want the commute to be 2+ hours each way...which again costs more money.

Is it nice to own a house?  Absolutely, I am lucky I do, BUT not everyone is in the position to buy a house.

9 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

5. Bad credit? YOU and only you can do something about that. I been through two bankruptcys. Got through them a worked hard to rebuild my credit. Hence the aforementioned 2.35 APR. 

I'm sorry, but two bankruptcies...and you are trying to lecture things are possible; clearly you have an issue with finances

1 hour ago, wanderingfool2 said:

I'm sorry, but that's an ignorant statement.

First where I'm from, you have to drop at least 5% downpayment...so your whole no down payment thing is instantly blown out of the water there.  A $100k house you have to pay at least $5,000 up front.

Credit unions first time buyers...yea you still can get 5%

You can get locked in pricing, and if you haven't clued in he's living with family; so most likely cheaper rent.

Not everyone has the luxury of just moving to someplace cheaper.  I live nearish to where I work.  The closest areas with "affordable" housing these days would mean I would be commuting 1+ hours to work...that means extra insurance for a vehicle, and more time spent on the vehicle itself.  That also means needing a reliable car to do that, unless you want the commute to be 2+ hours each way...which again costs more money.

Is it nice to own a house?  Absolutely, I am lucky I do, BUT not everyone is in the position to buy a house.

I'm sorry, but two bankruptcies...and you are trying to lecture things are possible; clearly you have an issue with finances

Just more excuses.

And yes, two bankruptcies that had zero to do with how i handle my finances. 

8 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

That seems wildly overkill for a fridge though, don't you think...and it's like telling someone who responds to it by saying "get rich".  When they start off by saying that their warranty is worth over $1000 you know the product itself is going to be expensive.

Wow, I googled the fridge, I'm assuming you meant 193 instead of 103?  I am officially staying away from Samsung fridges, with the amount of people who were told by support to essentially just deal with it defaulting to factory default temps/requiring to be turned back on after an outage.

When motors turn on they cause a large spike before settling out.  The bit they tell you is effectively the wattage where it settles to.

I mean an EcoFlow Delta max I would assume should be able to handle it...probably would run your fridge for a really long time as well.  The downside to that though is the cost.  I think EcoFlow can work as an UPS (not 100% sure, but I'd imagine it would).

I mean you also have options like "Jackery Explorer 1000 Plus Portable Power Station" (not to be confused with the pro version), which actually shows on their infographic a freezer.  It's that peak power that really is the killer with freezers.  I'm assuming again it can work in UPS mode

Again the issue is you are looking at like $1200USD.  The benefit though is you now have an overkill system that you could use in the event of a longer power outage (if lets say you didn't need the freezer anymore)

i  mean i have one picked out so no need to look at othere ones. the one that i have picked it dose all thows things. solor, extra battry exspation, can charge and be used, and can do ups witch is the man point of it. and it show 15amps on the 120v. but ya its the spike when the compresor turns on is the problem. it is way over kill but i dont want to bother my family for a new fridge. i get a killer deal on rent. enet, space to put my junk all for $1050 a moth. i no im lucky i could be paying like $2000 on rent. were i live.

100,000 is not so much moeny i could save but it would take me like 10 years to do so if my job dose not change. at $21 and hour. if i had a gf or wife it be a bit different and easier i would think. most likely would need to be a wife before i get that committed.

there charper place way out tim buck 2 were there no jobs no full time. even the place i grueup the cost went way up. use to be $900 for 2 bedroom apartment $800 for one now its like $1200 and wages have not gone up. and i probably have a hard time getting full time.

i would build a tiny house but the depths of hell will have to open up before thay will alow tiny homes were i live...and a rental pad is $1000 a moth just the pad its shelf... so🤷‍♂️

my dad was living in his house said it cost him maybe $500 a moth but that was in the gettow and the house fell apart.

but in Canada i think the down payment is a bit more i do bleave. but house here are like 500k or more.

best option would be to find one i could rent the basement it probably be the only way of doing it.