worth buying $1500 "custom built gaming PC"

Go to solution Solved by Zohan2000,

cheers for the help guys, know ill always find great help from the community here, gonna stay away from this build and wait till another one comes up or save my money till i can build a small form factor PC for whatever reason haha

i have made another post about buying a second hand PC from someone on a local classified ad website, from the little and not accurate information from the emails and ad that was posted here is what ive find out

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3O4jB

hes asking $1500 for it and hes also sent me these pictures

post-13932-0-34563700-1400649739_thumb.j

post-13932-0-30509200-1400649762_thumb.j

post-13932-0-02131200-1400649765.jpg

post-13932-0-78822700-1400649767.jpg

post-13932-0-34563700-1400649739_thumb.j

post-13932-0-30509200-1400649762_thumb.j

post-13932-0-02131200-1400649765.jpg

post-13932-0-78822700-1400649767.jpg

No, the GPU has 1 power connector.

It's not worth it at all.

Does it include the monitors?

Also, what the hell I've never seen someone with triple monitors that were all different sizes!

It's not worth anywhere near that for just the PC itself, I'd be hard pushed to give him half.

oh yer forgot to add this, only the centre monitor will come with the PC

lol not even close to $1500, I wouldn't even buy that but I suggest you pay no more than $500 for it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Hell no, with 1500 you could build something better than that

Tell him to take his deal and have it compacted into a small metal cylinder, so that it may be inserted into his ass for trying to rip you off.

Make one for yourself. I'm not familiar with Australian prices, but building a computer is pretty easy and a lot of fun. DO IT

Make one for yourself. I'm not familiar with Australian prices, but building a computer is pretty easy and a lot of fun. DO IT

do have my own PC, just wanting another PC as a backup/use for future use for something im not sure yet

Have to agree. Not worth it. You can do so much more by making one yourself. Or at least choosing all the parts yourself and spending $50 or so on someone making it for you.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO nonononononnonononononononono

Not for a penny over $600. Especially since it is used. Tell him to go shove a pitchfork in unsavory places for trying to rip you off.

$500ish?

It's out dated, and has weird parts (like the 1000w PSU...)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I wouldn't pay close to that. That's worth $750 used, at least to me.

When I seen the pics, I was thinking around the same price as you lol.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

cheers for the help guys, know ill always find great help from the community here, gonna stay away from this build and wait till another one comes up or save my money till i can build a small form factor PC for whatever reason haha

@Zohan2000, I'm sorry to say it but that Custom PC is not worth AU$1,500. I know that I could build a much better PC than that for that much. I think he's trying to rip you off or is deluded into thinking that his PC is worth that much. I personally would save your cash and build a better rig yourself. However, if you are really wanting to purchase it I would tell him that you're a member of a 75,000 member community tech forum and that you've been advised that his build is not worth said amount and is in fact worth only $500 - $600 and that you would be willing to give him $650 - $700 for it.

It's great that you were wise enough to ask a tech forum, such as LTT, before deciding to make the purchase because you just saved yourself from getting ripped off by at least $1,000. Smart thinking mate!

EDIT: Fixed incorrect grammar. :D

Edited by Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@Zohan2000, I'm sorry to say it but that Custom PC is not worth AU$1,500. I know that I could build a much better PC than that for that much. I think his trying to rip you off or is deluded into thinking that his PC is worth that much. I personally would save your cash and build a better rig yourself. However, if you are really wanting to purchase it I would tell him that you're a member of a 75,000 member community tech forum and that you've been advised that his build is not worth said amount and is in fact worth only $500 - $600 and that you would be willing to give him $650 - $700 for it.

It's great that you were wise enough to ask a tech forum, such as LTT, before deciding to make the purchase because you just saved yourself from getting ripped off by at least $1,000. Smart thinking mate!

always will come here and ask for tech advice, not to the most tech savvy person and trying to learn more about tech and here is the best place to learn in my opinion

I always will come here and ask for tech advice, I'm not the most tech savvy person and I'm trying to learn more about tech and here is the best place to learn in my opinion

Ditto. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator