Are Delta fans good for PC case? If so, any specific model recommendation?

Filingo

Hello,

We currently have shipping issues from Amazon to my country so I can mostly order from Chinese vendors or AliExpress.

I noticed they sell some Delta fans. Are they good?

I need 120mm PWM. I found out these 2 models for example: AFB1212VH and AFB1212SH

Will they be any good? Or any other specific model of them?

Or, something else similar that can be bought from Chinese vendors?

thanks

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

They specialize in high RPM, high pressure, high CFM fans for servers. In that application, they're very good, while in more desktop applications where noise is a factor they're sub-optimal at best. If you don't care about the noise, those fans are really good (some of the best you can get), but if you like to hear yourself think they're not a good pick. 

Neither of those are PWM controlled and both are quite loud essentially server fans. 3100 and 3400RPM respectively at 12v. The connector they ship with, if they ship with one at all (and aren't just bare wire leads) likely won't plug into a standard 4-pin PWM header and would have to be replaced. 

thank you guys!

Btw, @GuiltySpark_ thanks for catching that. I was sure they're PWM.

How about this model: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32372206342.html

They seem to both ship it either with the original connector as you said, but they also can send with a standard connector, and this one seem to be PWM?

But 9000 RPM.. damn 🤯 might  just get it for fun (if it will work with my mobo's PWM)

Or, do you know of any server fan that can work with standard motherboards PWM (when given the right connector)? 

Edit: I just thought that, even if I do find a server fan with PWM working, it might be dangerous because they pull too much amp for a standard motherboard PWM connector? (my mobo is max 2A)

I like as much airflow as the next guy, but if you value silence, these are not the fans for you. That will go for any server fan, including iPPC from Noctua. Anything over 100cfm will probably be loud to you.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

5 hours ago, Filingo said:

Ha, this thing is rated at 57W, there is no chance your motherboard header can supply 5A of power. Its also a screamer meant for servers or industrial applications. 

If you just need a 120mm fan for a PC case, something like this is fine https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802815762815.html 

Or this https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805357386419.html 

3 hours ago, freeagent said:

I like as much airflow as the next guy, but if you value silence, these are not the fans for you. That will go for any server fan, including iPPC from Noctua. Anything over 100cfm will probably be loud to you.

Got it 😁 then that's a no for these fans

3 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Ha, this thing is rated at 57W, there is no chance your motherboard header can supply 5A of power. Its also a screamer meant for servers or industrial applications. 

If you just need a 120mm fan for a PC case, something like this is fine https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802815762815.html 

Or this https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805357386419.html 

thanks. regarding the Phanteks - I'm afraid that the more known brands like Phanteks might be a fake one on AliExpress, might give one a try though, only $8

And regarding the second one - is this a good quality Chinese brand? I've never seen them before 

Guys how about the ID-COOLING XF-12025-SD-K? Just going through some more fans😅

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

Guys how about the ID-COOLING XF-12025-SD-K? Just going through some more fans😅

Pretty decent fan, and not too loud either

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

On 12/15/2023 at 3:25 PM, Filingo said:

Hello,

We currently have shipping issues from Amazon to my country so I can mostly order from Chinese vendors or AliExpress.

I need 120mm PWM. I found out these 2 models for example: AFB1212VH and AFB1212SH

Will they be any good? Or any other specific model of them?

Or, something else similar that can be bought from Chinese vendors?

thanks

Delta is great but are often server fans and, thus, very noisy. Look on Digikey.com for many options. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

You can find the Ganzon fans from stores Byski stores.

I thought I would post this since I was trying to find the amperage and wattage for this fan which was from a US store. AliExpress stores seem to have left out some important details. 11/11 sale was better, but I still find this tempting to buy during the $4 off for every $25 sale.

https://www.bykski.us/products/granzon-high-volume-120mm-pwm-fan-3000-rpm-108-cfm-45-6-dba-gi120
Granzon High Volume 120mm PWM Fan

96551ce3-4671-4d6d-9dc1-ee8a44f6286b_d5e

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

8 hours ago, alyen said:

You can find the Ganzon fans from stores Byski stores.

I thought I would post this since I was trying to find the amperage and wattage for this fan which was from a US store. AliExpress stores seem to have left out some important details. 11/11 sale was better, but I still find this tempting to buy during the $4 off for every $25 sale.

https://www.bykski.us/products/granzon-high-volume-120mm-pwm-fan-3000-rpm-108-cfm-45-6-dba-gi120
Granzon High Volume 120mm PWM Fan

96551ce3-4671-4d6d-9dc1-ee8a44f6286b_d5e

Nice. I found one on AliExpress for $15. Any idea why it's more expensive than the CF-AP3000? is it because this one is fdb and the CF-AP3000 is dual ball bearing? Both seem to have very similar airflow 

7 hours ago, Filingo said:

Update: I think I may have found a Delta fan that is actually good for regular PCs, it's 12V, 0.4A, PWM, and it's even 38mm and not 25mm: https://www.delta-fan.com/technology/pulse-width-modulation-pwm/AFB1212HHE-TP02.html

Should I give it a try?

Do you have space for a 38mm-thick fan? How much is it?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

If he has a case, he has the space.. You should see what a Meshify C looks like with every orifice stuffed with a 38mm fan 😄

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Do you have space for a 38mm-thick fan? How much is it?

Yes I have space on the rear. It cost ~$10: https://a.aliexpress.com/_oEnE5bc

Also, I noticed that my reply was not edited but I wanted to say that I found a similar delta fan that's 25mm: AFB1212SH. Low power, pwm 12v. Would that be good as well for where there is no space for 38mm?

50 minutes ago, freeagent said:

If he has a case, he has the space.. You should see what a Meshify C looks like with every orifice stuffed with a 38mm fan 😄

Haha got any pics?😬

27 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Also, I noticed that my reply was not edited but I wanted to say that I found a similar delta fan that's 25mm: AFB1212SH. Low power, pwm 12v. Would that be good as well for where there is no space for 38mm?

For a situation where you only need airflow, like exhaust, yes. For any situation with a barrier, pretty much no. 

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

Yes I have space on the rear. It cost ~$10: https://a.aliexpress.com/_oEnE5bc

Haha got any pics?😬

I do, not on this phone though.. give me a bit and I will pull them off the web 😄

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

For a situation where you only need airflow, like exhaust, yes. For any situation with a barrier, pretty much no. 

barrier you mean like a card blocking the 38mm sized fan? If you meant the 38mm fan, then how would the 25mm do in cases where I only have place for 25mm? I wonder how they are in terms of "noise to airflow" ratio because these fans do seem to fit in consumer PCs (low power and not extremely high RPM, although I am not suer about the bearing noise itself because I know that sometimes even though the measured DB is the same, the bearing can have annoying acoustics)

Just now, Filingo said:

barrier you mean like a card blocking the 38mm sized fan? If you meant the 38mm fan, then how would the 25mm do in cases where I only have place for 25mm? I wonder how they are in terms of "noise to airflow" ratio because these fans do seem to fit in consumer PCs (low power and not extremely high RPM, although I am not suer about the bearing noise itself because I know that sometimes even though the measured DB is the same, the bearing can have annoying acoustics)

What I mean is they are mounted against filters, heatsink or radiator. They are not stealth fans so you'll probably hear some noise when it gets hot enough. 

9 hours ago, Filingo said:

Nice. I found one on AliExpress for $15. Any idea why it's more expensive than the CF-AP3000? is it because this one is fdb and the CF-AP3000 is dual ball bearing? Both seem to have very similar airflow 

Yes thats the Byski version that is not labeled Granzon. What I noticed is that decibel for the Granzon listed on the US site uses the decibel for the AliExpress $15 Bykski fan. I don't know if it is a mistake or more of honest opinion of the sound, but they appear about the same in appearance with only different bearings.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 minutes ago, alyen said:

Yes thats the Byski version that is not labeled Granzon. What I noticed is that decibel for the Granzon listed on the US site uses the decibel for the AliExpress $15 Bykski fan. I don't know if it is a mistake or more of honest opinion of the sound, but they appear about the same in appearance with only different bearings.

I guess it's on sale there because on some stores it's 20+

6 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

What I mean is they are mounted against filters, heatsink or radiator. They are not stealth fans so you'll probably hear some noise when it gets hot enough. 

Got it, 

Btw, I found even another server fan that might fit into PC: FFB1212SH, slightly higher amps at 1.4A, but my motherboard's header is up to 2A:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006356018724.html (Just for your information I know it's probably not interesting to you 😄 )

Oh you will hear it lol 🙂

2 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Got it, 

Btw, I found even another server fan that might fit into PC: FFB1212SH, slightly higher amps at 1.4A, but my motherboard's header is up to 2A:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006356018724.html (Just for your information I know it's probably not interesting to you 😄 )

Are you kidding? I review fans. 😀

This is what I found. It's slightly better so either or.