Are Delta fans good for PC case? If so, any specific model recommendation?

Filingo
3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Are you kidding? I review fans. 😀

This is what I found. It's slightly better so either or.

Haha nice xD so I'll keep posting any interesting model I find. This store also have other industrial (I think) brands like SUNON.

Do you have videos or you review by articles? 

Btw when you say better, is it better than the other 25mm AFB1212SH, or the 38mm AFB1212HHE. I think that in either case whatever fans I choose I Won't use them at max speeds (unless gaming and wearing headset), so I wonder which one out of these 3 (AFB1212VH, AFB1212SH, FFB1212SHE) would operate the best at the "quiet" RPMs (normalized at the same dBs)?

I might review these fans as well 🙂

Update: the AliExpress listings for the fans say they are "new" but I doubt it. Is the any way to check how good/bad their condition is? Or if it's actually used slightly/not at all (maybe pulled, but why? Again, doubt), or they were heavily used?

On 12/19/2023 at 11:14 AM, Filingo said:

Do you have videos or you review by articles? 

Videos on YT.

Btw when you say better, is it better than the other 25mm AFB1212SH, or the 38mm AFB1212HHE.

The other 25mm.

I wonder which one out of these 3 (AFB1212VH, AFB1212SH, FFB1212SHE) would operate the best at the "quiet" RPMs (normalized at the same dBs)?

If I've correctly understood,  the 38mm.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

3 hours ago, Filingo said:

Update: the AliExpress listings for the fans say they are "new" but I doubt it. Is the any way to check how good/bad their condition is? Or if it's actually used slightly/not at all (maybe pulled, but why? Again, doubt), or they were heavily used?

Not really until you get the fans. They are probably new unless listed otherwise, but they could very well be counterfeit. Check the reputation of the seller carefully.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

14 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Not really until you get the fans. They are probably new unless listed otherwise, but they could very well be counterfeit. Check the reputation of the seller carefully.

Oh didn't think about fake Delta fans. I mean they are pretty cheap, and on websites like DigiKey (which is listed by Delta themselves in their website at the bottom of each fan page), the price is $27: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/delta-electronics/afb1212hhe-tp02/2034815

And on AliExpress it's.. $10 (click the 4-wire B3 version): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004515324423.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.61a638dafv0ySB&mp=1

So it really could very well be fake right? Any way to check if the fan is fake? 

It could be used, lots of used stuff on Ali. But it should work either way.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

Oh didn't think about fake Delta fans. I mean they are pretty cheap, and on websites like DigiKey (which is listed by Delta themselves in their website at the bottom of each fan page), the price is $27: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/delta-electronics/afb1212hhe-tp02/2034815

And on AliExpress it's.. $10 (click the 4-wire B3 version): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004515324423.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.61a638dafv0ySB&mp=1

So it really could very well be fake right? Any way to check if the fan is fake? 

Digikeys is fine. If you compare images and data to what you see on Delta, you MIGHT spot some fakes, but if they're taking the info from the same place, you won't know till it arrives. 

11 minutes ago, AWFordJr said:

Brand: Delta

Model: AFB1212GHE-CF00

Size: 120mm

CFM: 240.96

Thickness: 38mm

dBA: 62

Price: $12-$40

Depending where you buy them from they can be pretty cheap brand new & yes they are great fans. Back when I bought mine I paid $40 each for mine but I have seen them as low as $12 on some sites. I run two of these currently on my CPU cooler which I replaced the stock fan from my Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I never need to crank them past 25% of their full speed to keep my i7-11700K CPU cool even when I am gaming. Me personally I love the Delta fans I have used, and I have used quite a few of them over the years. I care about the life of my hardware not the sound of the fans, but even at 25% I don't really hears these that much. I am also using one of the older NZXT 6 channel fan controllers which are not cheap now days because I like physical controls not digital or flashy. They have 60W channels on them which is nice for these fans.

How many years do they usually last?

11 hours ago, AWFordJr said:

Brand: Delta

Model: AFB1212GHE-CF00

Size: 120mm

CFM: 240.96

Thickness: 38mm

dBA: 62

Price: $12-$40

Depending where you buy them from they can be pretty cheap brand new & yes they are great fans. Back when I bought mine I paid $40 each for mine but I have seen them as low as $12 on some sites. I run two of these currently on my CPU cooler which I replaced the stock fan from my Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I never need to crank them past 25% of their full speed to keep my i7-11700K CPU cool even when I am gaming. Me personally I love the Delta fans I have used, and I have used quite a few of them over the years. I care about the life of my hardware not the sound of the fans, but even at 25% I don't really hears these that much. I am also using one of the older NZXT 6 channel fan controllers which are not cheap now days because I like physical controls not digital or flashy. They have 60W channels on them which is nice for these fans.

IMG_20231228_134609_000.jpg

IMG_20231228_135149_376.jpg

IMG_20231228_135125_651.jpg

Nice, 

They have 3 wires? If so, does it mean you control them by changing the voltage from the motherboard (if it allows)?

Also, since they consume up to 30watts, do you somehow split the wires so that 2 are plugged directly to the PSU via molex and then have the 3rd pin connected to the mobo?

Hello,

Following my other post about Delta fans, and realizing how high powered they are - I was thinking if it would be safe to use splitters:

For example if I have a Delta fan with PWM then have a splitter that takes the power from the PSU via Molex and then the 2 pins - signal + pwm to one of the motherboard's connectors

Will that be safe?

If so, are there even readily available splitters that do the job?

16 hours ago, Filingo said:

Hello,

Following my other post about Delta fans, and realizing how high powered they are - I was thinking if it would be safe to use splitters:

For example if I have a Delta fan with PWM then have a splitter that takes the power from the PSU via Molex and then the 2 pins - signal + pwm to one of the motherboard's connectors

Will that be safe?

If so, are there even readily available splitters that do the job?

No. The headers provide power and the PSU provides power. You'll burn out the fans. You need to get a fan controller that can give you control over the fans. It could include a USB cable so you can use software, too, if the amperage is too high to be supported by the mobo headers.