tax deductions from home office trading

mark2999
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,
On 11/25/2023 at 12:20 AM, mark2999 said:

hey guys

Im located in nyc and my question to anyone doing taxes with trading - what can I deduct? I wasn't even aware that you could write off portion of rent if you dedicate space for office, internet, montiors etc. Before I ask account  i would like to hear from anyone who has done it so once i go there they wont rush me for next customer and i can prepare to have full refund. Im totally new to this so any advice is appreciated. Also when it comes to paying less taxes from trading. Creating LLC?

So you should prob talk to an accountant, as I'm not even an American.

But generally speaking if you're declaring income and paying taxes on the trades, you might be eligible for tax deductions for home office purchases directly related to the trading. You should speak to an accountant to see what is eligible though, as you don't want to accidentally commit tax fraud.

hey guys

Im located in nyc and my question to anyone doing taxes with trading - what can I deduct? I wasn't even aware that you could write off portion of rent if you dedicate space for office, internet, montiors etc. Before I ask account  i would like to hear from anyone who has done it so once i go there they wont rush me for next customer and i can prepare to have full refund. Im totally new to this so any advice is appreciated. Also when it comes to paying less taxes from trading. Creating LLC?

Disclaimer: I am not an accountant. Seek advice from a financial advisor or a CPA.

Before you get too carried away, you should determine if taking all those itemized deductions works out in your favor compared to just taking the standard deduction.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

13 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

Ah, common mistake. You’re looking for linustaxtips.com

Safe to assume majority people are working and file taxes so wanted to hear someone's experience/advice. wont hurt to try

6 hours ago, mark2999 said:

Safe to assume majority people are working and file taxes so wanted to hear someone's experience/advice. wont hurt to try

Tax laws are different in every single country and in some cases, different states, when it comes to something as strict as tax returns, you definately shouldnt be taking advice from random people on a tech forum

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I can give some advice on what not to do(former nyc residents and also traded)

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 11/25/2023 at 12:20 AM, mark2999 said:

hey guys

So you should prob talk to an accountant, as I'm not even an American.

But generally speaking if you're declaring income and paying taxes on the trades, you might be eligible for tax deductions for home office purchases directly related to the trading. You should speak to an accountant to see what is eligible though, as you don't want to accidentally commit tax fraud.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

19 hours ago, mark2999 said:

Yes, and what my accountant does for my taxes here in Alaska is way different than what yours would do there.

First off, if I asked them to look at state deductions they'd laugh me out the door. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?