is there a good site to download windows for cheap?

ezplays

just looking to get rid of the water mark on the desktop and i'm not wanting to spend $130 dollars on windows

best you can do is get one of those gray market keys for $20. I do not know how trust worthy they are. Sometimes people say they are a bad idea. Its up to you

14 minutes ago, ezplays said:

any specific websites?

Where to buy gray market keys is not something you're going to get help with here. 

7 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Where to buy gray market keys is not something you're going to get help with here. 

They aren't illegal. The source just is not clear. Like buying windows from an official store. Most of the time they come from prebuilts or OEMs

I use the same site for mine, always spot on never had any issues with the electronic delivery and the keys work everytime and had same keys still working years after

6 minutes ago, jsnotlout1 said:

They aren't illegal. The source just is not clear. Like buying windows from an official store. Most of the time they come from prebuilts or OEMs

The questionable nature of these keys are why we cant provide sites. Because unlike a store like Newegg you might be selling excess OEM keys. Grey market sites are known for selling keys that were original purchased with stolen credit cards, or keys that are part of volume license, etc. Im pretty sure providing sites is against community standards or at least very frowned upon by the mods. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The questionable nature of these keys are why we cant provide sites. Because unlike a store like Newegg you might be selling excess OEM keys. Grey market sites are known for selling keys that were original purchased with stolen credit cards, or keys that are part of volume license, etc. Im pretty sure providing sites is against community standards or at least very frowned upon by the mods. 

Yeah that makes sense. Its sort of the reason i dont really want to buy a key from one

16 hours ago, ezplays said:

just looking to get rid of the water mark on the desktop and i'm not wanting to spend $130 dollars on windows

Just buy it from Microsoft or another full service retailer.  Windows is yours forever and if you amortize the $130 over the lifetime of use it ends up being quite cheap.  You also get access to Microsoft help if there are any issues.  If you spend full price for games, why not spend full price for the OS??????

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

15 hours ago, Alan G said:

Windows is yours forever

lol

More like "this version of windows is yours until microsoft decides to stop supporting it and you're forced to buy a new computer/new windows."

Or "This version of windows is yours until you upgrade your computer in a way that microsoft considers it a new computer and you're forced to buy a new windows key."

23 hours ago, corrado33 said:

lol

More like "this version of windows is yours until microsoft decides to stop supporting it and you're forced to buy a new computer/new windows."

Or "This version of windows is yours until you upgrade your computer in a way that microsoft considers it a new computer and you're forced to buy a new windows key."

This is nonsense.  Lots of people have migrated from Windows 7 through to Windows 11 WITH retail licenses.  I've gone from Win 8.1 to Win 11 this way.  The issues you point out in your second quote apply to OEM license which are meant for system builders and don't get Microsoft support.  The TOA is very clear on that and this is why when you buy gray market licenses, you risk Microsoft shutting down your OS at some pint in time. 

Sure there can be new hardware requirements but this is a fact of life with virtually all technology.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10