4080 Noctua edition with wrong font and missing branding

Breadstick

I've recently bought a 4080 noctua edition it came as expected sealed in the anti static bag and sealed inside its box. After i opened it and installed it i noticed that the asus x noctua branding is missing and that the geforce rtx is in the wrong font. Everything else on the card looks normal besides these two things, i've never seen it without the branding or the wrong font in any pictures or reviews or pc builds. The chip says RTX 4080 and it seem to function as advertised but it just seem a bit odd that they would put on the wrong font and miss branding. As far as im aware im the only one with this issue as i haven't found anyone with the same or similar issue in any forum. I've contated asus support and they told me to contact the dealer. Waiting on the dealers response.

asus-noctua-4080.webp

noctua.jpg

I would have sent that back the moment I saw it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Breadstick said:

Sadly i only saw it yesterday i got the card on the 13th 

Send an email to Noctua too.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 minutes ago, Breadstick said:

Sadly i only saw it yesterday i got the card on the 13th 

2 days ago so send it back.

Somethingn is wrong here either a manufacturing defect or a tampered card

Just waiting on a reply form the dealer since asus told me to contact them i will probably get a reply tomorrow

Looks unfinished. The molds are all there but yea consistently off. Maybe some in house AIB partner reference test demo card that somehow got sent out as a retail version?

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

• 2 months later...

After months as of last year when the thread was started i was offered 20 euros as compensation for the deffective card. 

I know most people are from the usa here but if anyone form the eu is reading i urge you to avoid caseking.de they may be the biggest supplier of pc parts in the eu but they sure are the worst when it comes to costumer service. 

15 hours ago, Breadstick said:

After months as of last year when the thread was started i was offered 20 euros as compensation for the deffective card. 

I know most people are from the usa here but if anyone form the eu is reading i urge you to avoid caseking.de they may be the biggest supplier of pc parts in the eu but they sure are the worst when it comes to costumer service. 

What did ASUS say on the matter? 

I'm really confused why you didn't just use the return window and send it back? 

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

There is no return window they said they will not accept it, and asus has told me to keep contacting the dealer 

27 minutes ago, Breadstick said:

There is no return window they said they will not accept it, and asus has told me to keep contacting the dealer 

It really is ridiculous that Germany,  one of the richest countries on the planet doesn't have adequate consumer protection.

Is there no right to return for faulty goods atleast? I would push asus on those to see if they can get involved.

Just about every other western country has a right to return.

Well sorry to hear about that OP.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

19 hours ago, Breadstick said:

have you talked directly to Noctua, they seem to be pretty responsive in regard to their products. At least when it is about their fans.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

4 hours ago, Breadstick said:

dont know what you told them, but there is at least a 14 days return window, unless you have broken the product yourself for example.

Nothing was broken i sent them an email the first day i got the card and it took them 4 months to give me a proper anwser on what will be done and they came to the conclusion that 20 euros is enough compensation, meanwhile they were saying that they cant take the card back because it is useless to them because they cant sell it and they would lose money on it, they then said they will try and contact asus to which they apparently recieved no response in their words "asus takes a long time to respond" meanwhile i was contacting asus on my own notifying them about the issue and they keep saying to keep contacting the dealer to issue an rma claim. What's funny to me is that i can get in contact with asus but they cant. So in conclusion the store is refusing the rma and asus is telling me to solve the issue with them

Are you sure it's not legit it looks just like the card Linus and his kids put in Luke's new rig in today's released video. The font certainly looked the same with that hideous Noctua look.

My card is missing the asus x noctua branding man, the brown strip in the front

After posting 2 negative reviews on google and trustpilot i got an email the next day saying that they need to call me and that they have found a better deal for me

The deal goes something like this: They have suddenly gotten a used 4080 and want to replace my new one with missing branding they also told me to either change the review or take it down if i decide on the used 4080

This makes 0 sense why in the hell would i take a used card. I did tell them that im willing to take a new 4080 super noctua edition and ill pay the diffrance to which i did not get a response