Is the ThermalRight Frozen P̷r̷i̷s̷m̷ Notte good?

RevGAM

Not much info on it from reviewers, and I've decided to experiment with a cheap AIO. They're currently under $60, and have better specs than SAMA's cheapest AIO.

I'm looking at the 360mm. I realize that the white one's color and lighting will improve my entire computer's performance by 10^300 power, but maybe I'll get the black one just because. 😉 after all, a black hole can suck up light. 😆 🤣 😆 🤣 😆 🤣 😆 

Any thoughts?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

I have the frozen notte 360 been running it for a couple months and so far zero issues.  The pump had the faintest whine at first but has seemed to go away once broken in.  Dropped CPU temps 20* over my failing aio and 10* over the air cooler I had been using to hold me over until I replaced the aio. I can't imagine spending $2-300 on an aio when these are available for $60-70.

So I decided to compare some TR 360 AIOs. I found five:

1. Aqua Elite V3                  $58.90
  2. Frozen Prism                   $54.90
  3. Frozen Notte                   $65.90
  4. Frozen Magic Scenic V2  $68.90
  5. Frozen Edge                    $72.99

After looking at the specs, not only are the Magic and Notte the best, but they consume less electricity, so although they cost more, operating expenses are lower. They're 5 dBA louder. The Aqua Elite V3 has the weakest fans.

image.thumb.png.a17e22b691a1150961324df164389070.png

I don't understand why they make so MANY different fans, air and water coolers that are virtually identical. Are they hoping collectors are just going to snap up one of each? :roll:

Edited by RevGAM
Corrected image to include Notte.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

there use to be 3 kinds of fans. ones for case, ones for rads and ones that do both. but one of them is gone. so now you got case fans or rad fans. but some only make a mix.

then your throw the rgb in to it and now there like many different kinds of rgb fans...

thrmalright is just at this time making everything and coming in a good price to Canadians witch is nice to see.

oh there also barrings but most dont care about it.  and revers fans

guess there different sizes, thicknesses, speeds too

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

They are pretty badass, I think I would feel comfy putting them up against the best. My last one was an H100, and that thing is pretty dry right now lol..

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

3 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

dam thats a good deal...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

dam thats a good deal...

I know, right? Since it's normally over $200 on NE and $150 on Amazon...How much worse than the Nucleus is it, though?

ek had some of the best aios but they were like $500 that uses a cpu block and coper rad.

i think aios come down to rad thickness ya fans will also pay a roll too but some have hi rpm ones witch is cheating.

from Canada i cant even buy one of thows fans for $60... so to be just the fans are a good deal. 🤷‍♂️

but ek is one that can dc there stuff fast as they normally have gooddeals on there site when stuff is dced.

Edited by thrasher_565

Enermax AQUAFUSION ADV 360 ARGB AIO $120 - $30 discount - $10 rebate = $80

EK 280mm AIO D-RGB AIO $75

There are some others that have black friday prices on NE.

18 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ek had some of the best aios but they were like $500 that uses a cpu block and coper rad.

i think aios come down to rad thickness ya fans will also pay a roll too but some have hi rpm ones witch is cheating.

from Canada i cant even buy one of thows fans for $60... so to be just the fans are a good deal. 🤷‍♂️

but ek is one that can dc there stuff fast as they normally have gooddeals on there site when stuff is dced.

Yeah, it's pretty tempting, especially since the benefit of the 3 extra fans would be greater on a case than on the rad, at least with my 12700k. Maybe with a hotter CPU they'd be worth it.

My only big concern now between the TRs, Endorfy, Enermax and EK is the tube length and permeability.

So I've decided to compare TR Frozen Notte with the other brands I listed, although I suspect Endorfy's tubes are too short - I'm hoping for a response from anyone on their length. The photos of the TR AIOs demonstrate that the tubes are pretty long. I think the Azza tubes are probably too short, also, but the Enermax and EK should be long enough.

If anyone has any input on those 5, I'd like to know.

I also found the

Raidmax Infinita LS360 AIO $80

This review convinced me it's not worth it. And the Enermax is really noisy.

Very frustrating to try to find the specs for EK and especially Endorfy, even on their websites. Honestly, though, none of these brands provide enough info, although Enermax and TR probably did the best.

I couldn't find AF and SP for Endorfy pump and fans, and their fans have the lowest RPM. I couldn't even get dBA. Their fans have MTTF of 100,000 hrs. The pump is probably the slowest, although Azza didn't list the pump RPM (but was the only one to list L/H and mmH2O) so aside from the KGT review, I can't say much.

I got the AF and SP for EK's fans, but not the pump. They have the highest max RPM

Only Enermax (probably) has a copper rad, and also a copper plate. All the others, except Azza, have copper plates and aluminum rads. Azza uses aluminum for both.

The Enermax has the best fans, followed by the TR. Sadly, the Azza and EK fans are pretty similar, with the EK having better CFM and marginally better mmAq - no wonder they put 6 fans on the rad! However, the TR fans are the quietest.

Frankly, it's hard to know which has the best pump because there's less data except for the Azza. However, the Notte has 5300 RPM, which is far stronger than the EK and Endorfy.

So, to me, it seems like the $100 discounted price on the EK is warranted, and the Endorfy should be around the same price. I suspect the Azza is not that great but at least the pump goes up to 3,300 RPM. It seems, then, that the Enermax and the TR are the best options. Since the TR is an unknown at this time, I'm going to go with that unless someone can share some compelling reasons against it and for one of the others.

the problem with testing now is different cpu haver the hot parts in different spots meaning some will cool better then other if a heat pipe is right above and for aios an off set. but its hard to realy sway witch is the best. i guess looks at warantys.

i had 2 aios one was for a home theader pc that i didnt use and one was just for an argb controller i sold the aio.

im an custom loop guy. i would go for ek just because. but if i wanted the best aio probly go with the 420 aio from artic

but i guess if you buy a cheaper aio and but t30s on it i dont no if that beat the 420...🤷‍♂️

i do like the look of DeepCool Liquid Cooler LT aio thow. lian li aio with the 30mm fans seems interesting too.

Edited by thrasher_565

EK makes a shit AIO from what I can see, even their custom stuff is not much better than Aliexpress junk 😄

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the problem with testing now is different cpu haver the hot parts in different spots meaning some will cool better then other if a heat pipe is right above and for aios an off set. but its hard to realy sway witch is the best. i guess looks at warantys.

i had 2 aios one was for a home theader pc that i didnt use and one was just for an argb controller i sold the aio.

im an custom loop guy. i would go for ek just because. but if i wanted the best aio probly go with the 420 aio from artic

but i guess if you buy a cheaper aio and but t30s on it i dont no if that beat the 420...🤷‍♂️

i do like the look of DeepCool Liquid Cooler LT aio thow. lian li aio with the 30mm fans seems interesting too.

People with experience in CLs seem to have very mixed opinions on EK and, given their prices, I guess I would not be much inclined to buy from them for a CL. I'm not ready to make a CL right now, though, and maybe I never will unless my YouTube channel gets popular enough. I'm not expecting that will ever happen because there are a lot of tech channels already, and many have people with more knowledge than I have, plus I don't edit my videos and people tend to want really polished tech videos. Oh well. That just means it'll stay a hobby for a long time.

I'm not convinced that the Arctic 420 is the best AIO. In terms of price, it is certainly very reasonable. In terms of noise, it's also one of the best. However, when it comes to performance there are many other AIOs that beat it when the CPU really heats up.

But I can't say what percentage of users really want a low-noise AIO, and what percentage often need to fight a super-hot CPU, and I'm not convinced that there's enough difference between many AIOs to really matter for the average user.

I feel (and this is just opinion) that most people don't need an AIO unless they've got a really hot CPU and, of those that need an AIO, most can probably do just fine with any decently powerful AIO. Some very inexpensive but powerful AIOs are available for $100-150, including the DC LS/LT series, Arctic LF II, LL Galahad II, and so many others, not to mention <$100 AIOs. Granted, some of those AIOs are from unknown and lesser brands like Dracaena, SAMA, Dark Rock, ManNaJue, Azza, RaidMax, and GameMax may be a good deal but some don't even list the specs, so I'm very hesitant to consider them.

Honestly, if I had sponsors, I'd probably snap up several of the ones on sale right now between Amazon and NewEgg, including the Enermax, the EK, be quiet! (Pure Loop), DC LS720, CMCM MasterLiquid ML360L and a few others. All of those are around $100 on one or the other website. I don't have sponsors and my income isn't really very much so...My itchy hands must be tied behind my back! 🤑💸😞

I'll go with the Frozen Notte since it's not been reviewed and is so inexpensive that I don't feel I can go wrong.

2 hours ago, freeagent said:

EK makes a shit AIO from what I can see, even their custom stuff is not much better than Aliexpress junk 😄

Says the guy who has only owned one AIO, and that's from his favorite cooler company. 😉 I looked at AE yesterday and was surprised by how high the prices on coolers tended to be.

6 hours ago, freeagent said:

eehhmm, from what you can see? hows that?
edit:
image.jpeg.f2c172b1b3dbd798a87ea8fc0c1eb540.jpeg

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

eehhmm, from what you can see? hows that?

Do you think this is the only forum that I visit 😄

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Do you think this is the only forum that I visit 😄

not relevant, but what does that mean?

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

not relevant, but what does that mean?

It is relevant, because in my travels I see all sorts of things. You meet people who have experience, etc. sorry to burst your bubble though.

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

It is relevant, because in my travels I see all sorts of things. You meet people who have experience, etc. sorry to burst your bubble though.

so lets see what we have;
Data from GN that says EKs AIOs are among the best.

very few post on anything from with whem on this forum

ur very limited if any irl xp with them

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

so lets see what we have;
Data from GN that says EKs AIOs are among the best.

very few post on anything from with whem on this forum

ur very limited if any irl xp with them

Lol right?

Honestly don’t let my opinions stop you from buying anything.. <removed by staff>

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

you love Steve don’t you? Ask him out for a date see what he thinks 🙂

Why would i date som1 i respect the work and journalistic integrity of?

and also: why would you dismiss his numbers and testing over and over and over? 

-= Cleaned =-

Please keep comments on topic and civil.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER