Jensen Huang and Lisa Su are apparently Cousins?

This made news back when Lisa Su was appointed to CEO position almost 10 years ago. So, good morning, I guess.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

yeah this has been known for quite a while now

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

"the bosses are cousins, researchers say"

usually.. if you need researchers to "say" someone is family, it's distant enough to be irrelevant, as it has been for the past decade.

this is so much of a nothingburger that it's a void.

Oh you mean this guy..   THANKS Youtube...  Just saw this directly beneath a VW AD. And it is bigger than the VW AD. 

image.jpeg.36dea82815c7b0010fd573ede6354d2f.jpeg

And about a week ago, YT search results page changed for the worse. There is an AD that looks exactly like a channel result, between every 2-3 videos. 

Can't wait till every other result becomes an AD.

They're distantly related cousins. 

My guess is that if you picked out two random college graduates in Taiwan that they'd be about as closely related to each other as Huang and Su. 

This is a non-story. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

15 minutes ago, cmndr said:

They're distantly related cousins. 

My guess is that if you picked out two random college graduates in Taiwan that they'd be about as closely related to each other as Huang and Su. 

This is a non-story. 

they are first once removed. Not really distant

That's your parent's first cousin or your first cousin's child. I know a lot of my first cousins once removed. 
If you have ever met your grandparent's siblings, you likely have met their children. Who are your Parent's first cousins. 

33 minutes ago, starsmine said:

they are first once removed. Not really distant

That's your parent's first cousin or your first cousin's child. I know a lot of my first cousins once removed. 
If you have ever met your grandparent's siblings, you likely have met their children. Who are your Parent's first cousins. 

600px-CousinTree.svg.png

I still stand by the "they're probably not THAT much further apart than two random college grads in TW"

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

On 11/8/2023 at 9:52 PM, Agall said:

i pointed that out a million times already.......

but...

apparently........

nothing illegal going on whatsoever....

right.........?

no, no. 

its especially sus if you see in what kind of pseudo "competition" both companies are lol.

but i guess just suspecting something doesn't prove it. 

but I'd be curious if anyone even ever investigated... (probably not)

21 hours ago, cmndr said:

600px-CousinTree.svg.png

I still stand by the "they're probably not THAT much further apart than two random college grads in TW"

yeh, except they meet at "family meetings" and stuff... 🙄

23 hours ago, manikyath said:

usually.. if you need researchers

its a badly written "internet news (lol as if it was news) article"... wouldn't put too much thought in how they formulate things, they probably have literally nothing but the age old info and just wanted to run the story (and "researchers" always gives a *massive* amount of credibility with the unwitting readers) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

i pointed that out a million times already.......

but...

apparently........

nothing illegal going on whatsoever....

right.........?

no, no. 

its especially sus if you see in what kind of pseudo "competition" both companies are lol.

but i guess just suspecting something doesn't prove it. 

but I'd be curious if anyone even ever investigated... (probably not)

Not to say you shouldnt question if nepotism is at play. But you should also be able to be comfortable with coming to the conclusion that its not in play. This was known and looked into when AMD hired Su, and there has been no indication of unethical play between the two. So really all we get is to tease them when a reporter interviews one or the other. 

6 hours ago, starsmine said:

Not to say you shouldnt question if nepotism is at play. But you should also be able to be comfortable with coming to the conclusion that its not in play. This was known and looked into when AMD hired Su, and there has been no indication of unethical play between the two. So really all we get is to tease them when a reporter interviews one or the other. 

I've also assumed that there's some familial connectivity between most people in Taiwan given the history. Not as deeply connected as other countries, but ethnicities didn't come to exist without some distant familial connectivity.

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

its a badly written "internet news (lol as if it was news) article"... wouldn't put too much thought in how they formulate things, they probably have literally nothing but the age old info and just wanted to run the story (and "researchers" always gives a *massive* amount of credibility with the unwitting readers) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I wasn't aware until recently that this was a thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not alone. Only recently a creature of forums/social media (yet this is still my only one) so I must've missed out when this was heavily talked about a decade ago. 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017