Switch between integrated and exsternal Gpu?

I am downloading torrents at night, but my graphic card is sooo loud. I use Virtu MVP to switch bettween the integrated gpu and my 680, but is it possible to only use the internal Intel 4000 gpu at night when I  only using my computer for downloading? Then it would only be my H100 that had to cool the prosessor and integrated gpu.

Hmm. i dont think you can do something like this.. maybe others know something that i dont! it looks difficult to me!

i5 3570K @3,5GHz || Asus P8-Z77 V-LX || 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM || nVidia GTX 480 1,5GB || Corsair CX600M PSU || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 500GB WD Storage drive || Cooler Master K350 Case || Razer DeathAdder || Razer Black Widow 2012 Ultimate Edition

You could create custom fan profile for your card

Downloading torrents shouldn't make your GPU loud. What are the temperatures at?

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

Downloading torrents shouldn't make your GPU loud. What are the temperatures at?

That`s what I also thought. Yes I can make fan profiles, but the most silent which I use is tha "Auto" mode.  I have a Gtx 680 "Super Overclocked" edition that have 5 fans. At lowest fans setting, and with just the torrents running my card lies at 32-33C. I know it isn`t very much, but still with the 5 fans on the graphics card makes some noice. 

Set a custom fan profile for your card or buy a new cooler. Dwood on OCN sells brackets to mount AIO coolers like the Antec 620 to GPUs. They're near silent and keep the GPU very cool, despite only being a single rad. At least, that was my experience with a GTX 480 and an Antec 620.

It might be worth checking the gpu cooler for dust.

If it's all packed up on the fan it will unbalance it and that will definitely make it a lot louder than it might otherwise be.

if you do find a lot of dust, you might want to look in to positive pressure and filtered intakes to try to mitigate that.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

lol, torrents load the video card?

Yeah clean the cake out of the heatsink and set a fan profile ...Or send Dwood a message.

How do torrents effect the video card?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

How do torrents effect the video card?

It doesn`t.

you sure its not the CPU fan :D?

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Yeah, I have a H100 with noctua fans so the cpu cooling figuration is as quiet as possible! :D

Idle at 33*c, you could lower those fans a little further..

Or.. MSI has multiple save/load presets to use.

#1 could be massively declocked core and memory with fans set to minimum 20% ish, then load #2 slot for gaming clockspeeds. back to #1 when not needed.

You can even set MSI up with 2d/3d clocks, open a game, full speed, close it, back to lowest profile you set.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Maybe your case is not very well ventilated, or at least the GPU area, it would be nice to know the kind of cooler you graphics card has and the ventilation set up of you case, maybe there is some improvement to be made. :D

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1