Reflashing VBIOS with amdvbflashwin

aisle9

Help, I’m stupid, the internet isn’t spoon feeding me answers, and continuing to dig on my phone is annoying. I’m trying to reflash the BIOS of an AMD card I just acquired because I believe based on symptoms that it has VBIOS issues. I’m using AMDVBflashwin v3 from Techpowerup (GUI, not CLI). When I load the image from TPU, it tells me that’s the BIOS version currently installed.

I know that. I want to flash that version because I think something went wrong the last time someone flashed it (probably when flashing it back from a mining BIOS). Is there an option to do that in the GUI version, or is it just going to keep telling me what I already know then refusing to do its one and only job in life?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Following this thread closely because today I am expecting the delivery of an AMD card which I know has a mining BIOS on it. I had to ask the seller specifically to find out it had the mining BIOS and I got a pretty good deal because of it, good enough I won't be upset if I can't flash the original BIOS back. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Are you able to reflash a newer or older vBIOS?

I wonder if the utility just refuses to reflash the same vBIOS version for some reason, regardless of corruption or other problems because it's the same file version.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I do remember reflashing a faulty HD 5830 with the exact same BIOS and it worked fine afterwards. The original BIOS was likely corrupt.

GPU-Z's validation feature said that its BIOS was identical to that of the Techpowerup database but ATIFlash didn't stop me from flashing it. Not sure if it said it was the same, though. Maybe you'll have to look around for a hidden setting.

Asus ROG G531GT : i7-9750H - GTX 1650M +700mem - MSI RX6600 Armor 8G M.2 eGPU - Samsung 16+8GB PC4-2666 - Samsung 860 EVO 500G 2.5" - 1920x1080@145Hz (172Hz) IPS panel

Family PC : i5-4570 (-125mV) - cheap dual-pipe cooler - Gigabyte Z87M-HD3 Rev1.1 - Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB PC3-1600 - Corsair VX450W - an old Thermaltake ATX case

Test bench 1 G3260 - i5-4690K - 6-pipe cooler - Asus Z97-AR - Panram Blue Lightsaber 2x4GB PC3-2800 - Micron CT500P1SSD8 NVMe - Intel SSD320 40G SSD

iMac 21.5" (late 2011) : i5-2400S, HD 6750M 512MB - Samsung 4x4GB PC3-1333 - WT200 512G SSD (High Sierra) - 1920x1080@60 LCD

Test bench 2: G3260 - H81M-C - Kingston 2x4GB PC3-1600 - Winten WT200 512G

Acer Z5610 "Theatre" C2 Quad Q9550 - G45 Express - 2x2GB PC3-1333 (Samsung) - 1920x1080@60Hz Touch LCD - great internal speakers

48 minutes ago, thekingofmonks said:

I do remember reflashing a faulty HD 5830 with the exact same BIOS and it worked fine afterwards. The original BIOS was likely corrupt.

GPU-Z's validation feature said that its BIOS was identical to that of the Techpowerup database but ATIFlash didn't stop me from flashing it. Not sure if it said it was the same, though. Maybe you'll have to look around for a hidden setting.

Yes this happened to me too, I just reflashed using the CLI again and all was well.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18