We Tried 5G Blocking Paint…

AdamFromLTT

Just use a wire mesh for the doors and windows, it can double as mosquito net. 

Spoiler
CPU : Intel 14gen i7-14700K
COOLER :  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White + thermaltake toughfan 12 white + Thermal Grizzly - CPU Contact Frame Intel 13./14. +  Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
GPU : MSI RTX 2070 Armor @GPU 2050MHz Mem 8200MHz -> USB C 10Gb/s cable 2m -> Unitek 4x USB HUB 10 Gb/s (Y-HB08003)
MOBO : MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY
RAM :  Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) 6400 MHz CL32 (CMK64GX5M2B6400C32)
SSD : Intel Optane 905P 960GB U.2 (OS) + 2 x WD SN850X 4TB + 2 x PNY CS3140 2TB + ASM2824 PCIe switch -> 4 x Plextor M8PeG 1TB + flexiDOCK MB014SP-B -> Crucial MX500 2TB + GoodRam Iridium PRO 960GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HDD : WD White 18TB WD180EDFZ + SATA port multiplier adp6st0-j05 (JMB575) ->  WD Gold 8TB WD8002FRYZ + WD Gold 4TB WD4002FYYZ + WD Red PRO 4TB WD4001FFSX + WD Green 2TB WD20EARS
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 
XT-XINTE LM906 (JMS583) -> Plextor M8PeG 1TB + WD My Passport slim 1TB + LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 1TB USB-C + Zalman ZM-VE350 -> Goodram IRDM PRO 240GB
PSU :  Super Flower leadex platinum 750 W biały -> Bitfenix alchemy extensions białe/białe + AsiaHorse 16AWG White 
UPS :  CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 8 -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 10
LCD :  LG 32UD59-B + LG flatron IPS236 -> Silverstone SST-ARM11BC
CASE :  Fractal R5 Biały + Lian Li BZ-H06A srebrny + 6 x Thermaltake toughfan 14 white + Thermalright TL-B8W
SPEAKERS :  Aune S6 Pro -> Topping PA3-B -> Polk S20e black -> Monoprice stand 16250
HEADPHONES :  TOSLINK 2m -> Aune S6 Pro -> 2 x Monoprice Premier 1.8m 16AWG 3-pin XLR -> Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 -> 4-pin XLR na 2 x 3.5mm 16 cores OCC 2m Cable -> HiFiMAN Edition XS -> sheepskin pads + 4-pin XLR na 2 x 2.5mm ABLET silver 2m  Cable -> Monoprice Monolith M1060 + Brainwavz HM100 -> Brainwavz sheepskin oval pads + Wooden double Ɪ Stand + Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK -> sheepskin pads + Multibrackets MB1893 + Sennheiser Momentum 3 +  Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 + JBL J88 White
MIC :  Tonor TC30 -> Mozos SB38
KEYBOARD : Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent (EU) + Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth Slim - Full Size Black + PQI MyLockey
MOUSE :  Logitech MX ERGO + 2 x Logitech MX Performance + Logitech G Pro wireless + Logitech G Pro Gaming -> Hotline Games 2.0 Plus + Corsair MM500 3xl + Corsair MM300 Extended + Razer goliathus control
CONTROLLERS :  Microsoft xbox series x controller pc (1VA-00002) -> brainwavz audio Controller Holder UGC2 + Microsoft xbox 360 wireless black + Ravcore Javelin
NET :  Intel x520-DA2 -> 2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT + 2 x ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12
NAS :  Qnap TS-932X-2G -> Noctua NF-P14s redux 1200 PWM -> Kingston 16GB 2400Mhz CL14 (HX424S14IB/16) -> 9 x Crucial MX500 2TB ->  2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT -> 2 x Digitus (DK-HD2533-05/3)

15 minutes ago, kokosnh said:

i see a business plan.. we'll make millions.

There are legitimate use cases for this in homes/offices.  If you have a cell tower right around the corner this can be an good option to keep audio equipment running or being able to perform any measurements inside. 

In other news: Without these paints everything get's a free EMC test if you like it or not.

People never go out of business.

Truly, this video was fun. It seemed like there was ample time for experimentation, and I've noticed the absence of the EMC chamber lately. It'd be fascinating to see its effectiveness on items like wallets, accessories, or as mentioned, cameras and other devices with sensitive information like mentioned in the video.

Can it block other networks?

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

16 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

Can it block other networks?

Indeed, the video demonstrates the paint's capability to block signals from a cellular network node, which implies it could attenuate signals from other common networks we encounter daily, such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, and even Radio and Television. However, the effectiveness against these signals would vary based on their specific frequencies and the regional standards. The performance would also be influenced by factors like the paint's application coverage, the frequency of the intercepted signal, and the power of the transmitting node. This is also why they mention a Faraday cage in the video.

It's concerning to observe that some individuals view this as a remedy to their apprehensions about 5G. Reviewing comments on Amazon, it's evident that certain individuals are using this product due to discomfort. While there might be a case for using such paint for sensitive specific equipment, it seems some are going to the extent of painting their home walls under the guise of 'protection'.

9 minutes ago, YEETMAN said:

Indeed, the video demonstrates the paint's capability to block signals from a cellular network node, which implies it could attenuate signals from other common networks we encounter daily, such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, and even Radio and Television. However, the effectiveness against these signals would vary based on their specific frequencies and the regional standards. The performance would also be influenced by factors like the paint's application coverage, the frequency of the intercepted signal, and the power of the transmitting node. This is also why they mention a Faraday cage in the video.

It's concerning to observe that some individuals view this as a remedy to their apprehensions about 5G. Reviewing comments on Amazon, it's evident that certain individuals are using this product due to discomfort. While there might be a case for using such paint for sensitive specific equipment, it seems some are going to the extent of painting their home walls under the guise of 'protection'.

NASA should use this paint. Honestly, this would look cool to try to get us of social media in our hous 😂

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

Should probably have tested this paint for its effectiveness in different frequency spectrums, before claiming it could be safe for storing car keys (16:05) which do not operate at the same frequency range as 5G. 

I just did a quick and dirty test of my own. At home, 5G, Nothing Phone 1, same youtube video that they played, 4K, stats for nerds open. My "Connection speed" was initially 143000 Kbps, but peaked at 173000 and settled at 165000 Kbps. The best case I saw in the video was a bit below 60000 Kbps. Are they running the "tower" at a lower power setting because there is little to no interference as they are in that room? Why else would my numbers be >2x of theirs or am I missing something here?

7 hours ago, Sund said:

Should probably have tested this paint for its effectiveness in different frequency spectrums, before claiming it could be safe for storing car keys (16:05) which do not operate at the same frequency range as 5G. 

Not really necessary. The paint is conductive which means instead of blocking the signals with some material absorbing the signal and so having a feature of letting some frequencies through, it just turns the box into Faraday cage (actually shield since the paint won't have holes in it) and blocks everything.

19 hours ago, YEETMAN said:

Yeah the first thought I had when I saw the video title was, "Oh great, people who are convinced 5G is making them sick are going to start buying this." Although I wouldn't think there'd be that much overlap between that crowd and the LTT audience. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

14 hours ago, Middcore said:

Yeah the first thought I had when I saw the video title was, "Oh great, people who are convinced 5G is making them sick are going to start buying this." Although I wouldn't think there'd be that much overlap between that crowd and the LTT audience. 

I believe there's minimal overlap but they exist, as I have not observed it either in this context or in the comments. It's worth noting that the Amazon reviews predate my observations by several months. I'm inclined to think that the LTT audience, being technologically inclined, has a comprehensive understanding of how 5G operates, its safety standards, and the fact that one doesn't sleep adjacent to the transmission towers. It's disheartening to witness individuals who, due to misinformation, fear that 5G could cause them harm when the towers are required to meet safety standards which have been in development for a very long time. Unfortunately, there exists a subset of the population that harbors apprehensions about 5G.

20 hours ago, Superduperrandom said:

I just did a quick and dirty test of my own. At home, 5G, Nothing Phone 1, same youtube video that they played, 4K, stats for nerds open. My "Connection speed" was initially 143000 Kbps, but peaked at 173000 and settled at 165000 Kbps. The best case I saw in the video was a bit below 60000 Kbps. Are they running the "tower" at a lower power setting because there is little to no interference as they are in that room? Why else would my numbers be >2x of theirs or am I missing something here?

Maybe the connection to the transceiver doesn't allow for a higher bandwidth? 

I mean if you hook up a 100 mbps line to your wireless gbps router you won't get more than 100 mbps internet connection no matter how fast your wireless transfer rate is.

On 9/24/2023 at 1:30 PM, Sund said:

image.thumb.png.27ebdeeddfc5fed66f437f7ea3672aae.png

Most car keys do not operate above this frequency

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

On 9/23/2023 at 8:21 PM, kokosnh said:

my grandpa who built this house 50 years ago was way ahead of you ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Theres a waaayyy easier way to do this and def cheaper.....metal mesh - wood - metal mesh=everything cancelled. Would have been nice if they got aluminum shavings from a screen windows/doors manufacturer and mixed them in plain old paint thoroughly and see how well it worked. Im sure it would work as well or better, depending on what the 100 bux a bottle stuff has.