Worst console -> pc ports you've encountered?

Jagzz

So a friend of mine is at my place, we're having a little 2 man lan, and we want to play some guitar hero because, well.. it's freaking guitar hero.

And holy. @£$€. @@${$.

Both, GH 3 and World tour are the most horrible ports for pc i've ever tried to play.

And world tour's the worst.

I had to turn all the settings (hair physics, crowd and "high detail") off AND PLAY IT IN 1152x864 FOR GABENS SAKE.

Even with that, some of the places had fps drops.

And no, it's not the specs:

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz and a 7870.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

The original Dark Souls had horrible controls, fixed 30fps, next to no graphical options and just general poor quality. Thankfully, the awesome community had a bunch of patches available to make the game much more playable. :)

Bully Scholarship Edition 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

The best one i have seen is Mafia II, and the worst one is GTA IV.

COD: Ghosts

Even though I have never played it, I've heard that it was a terrible port

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Crysis 2 and Far Cry 3 when i played the were pretty poor. Not sure if they were improved upon later.

I can say that Far Cry 3 was improved quite a bit after launch.

At launch i could not run it a max details 1080p at 60fps, last time i played it ran fine.

Saints Row 2

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

COD: Ghosts

Even though I have never played it, I've heard that it was a terrible port

Well, it's a terrible game to begin with. I would guess it's PC port is just as bad.

GTA IV, even my 2500k at 5.2ghz struggled to go over 60FPS with a GTX 480.

R9 290 was faster, yet only around 60-70fps.

Bully Scholarship Edition will not work correctly if you have over 2GB of ram in your system.

Saint's Row 2 was pretty poor.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

DMC 3 and Onimusha 3. They run in a 480p window, and are basically unplayable.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I care more about controls than simply fps when it comes to PC ports. GTA4 was goddamn awful in that regard. Also I hate FarCry 3. Crappy game and a crappy port as well.

dark souls I 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Bully Scholarship Edition will not work correctly if you have over 2GB of ram in your system.

Wow.

Just...wow.

The first Assassins Creed, not that it ran badly, it actually ran pretty well on my ATI 4650 and AMD Phenom X2 from years ago. However you couldn't use the UI with a mouse effectively and there was no full screen setting in the options. The game would launch in full screen but if it ever lost focus you had to restart the game to get full screen back. On top of that, the game was unplayable in windowed mode because it didn't keep the mouse focused to the game window so you'd always click out of it. It did that sometimes in full screen too causing it to enter windowed mode.

Similar thing with the second game, all the button prompts used their own icons rather than even abxy like dark souls and you had to go find what they were all bound to in the options menu and they were completely illogical. You needed like 6 hands to do anything and the mouse buttons were ignored.

And in The Witcher 2, it's not a console port but the UI change from the first game to the second was awful in terms of keyboard and mouse usability. The worst part was any vertically scrolled list. Normally with a mouse and keyboard you can select a particular item in the list then scroll past it without a problem. But since controllers can't scroll independently, the selected item has to scroll with you, which makes sense when controlling the list with a thumbstick. However, when scrolling it means that when the list scrolls, the item you've selected changes which is completely counter intuitive to how every other list works on a PC.

Whilst the game was fun, the worst port I've encountered due to technical reasons must be Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. Visual stuff like buttons are still using the original console controls ("Press A to this and that") rather than the keyboard counterpart, overclocking through FSB made your vehicle go faster in multiplayer whilst everyone else remained at default speed (essentially, cheating), horrible default key bindings and no in-game options to change visual quality and key bindings, etc. 

I made a post on the game's Steam discussion forum, but it got removed for some reason. I did bash the developer for doing a pathetic job when porting it, though.

Hmmm, i am sure Sonic DX does this too, though i can't remember, there was a reason i stopped playing it and just plugged my Dreamcast in though.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Saints Row 2

...and the third

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Hmmm, i am sure Sonic DX does this too, though i can't remember, there was a reason i stopped playing it and just plugged my Dreamcast in though.

Is that the one where you control 3 characters? Because that was awful.

Any NFS port is bad, I loved pro street but it was so bad on release and for some reason always inverted my 5.1 back speakers to the front and visa versa

Is that the one where you control 3 characters? Because that was awful.

Any NFS port is bad, I loved pro street but it was so bad on release and for some reason always inverted my 5.1 back speakers to the front and visa versa

This is the DC version.

http://youtu.be/R9AbUEUdl2Q

EDIT, it's emulated.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Dark Soul: Prepare to Die Edition. Worst port in the history of PC for a semi triple A game. Forced to use a controller, locked at 30 FPS (not like it matters the game hovers around 25 on SLI GTX 760). Windows Live :/ , and cant connect to anyone via summoning or invading.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Dark Soul: Prepare to Die Edition. Worst port in the history of PC for a semi triple A game. Forced to use a controller, locked at 30 FPS (not like it matters the game hovers around 25 on SLI GTX 760). Windows Live :/ , and cant connect to anyone via summoning or invading.

Ran like a boss on a single 480 at 30FPS frame cap, i did not find the controls too diffy as i used a controller.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Ran like a boss on a single 480 at 30FPS frame cap, i did not find the controls too diffy as i used a controller.

I assume the game just has SLI issues then. I tried using mouse and keyboard for about half an hour. couldn't do it, bought an xbox wireless receiver for PC 5 minutes later.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Assassins Creed 4

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2