Is the new Approach of Contend messing with the Titels?

Falrach

Don´t know if i remember older Ones wrong, but they now seem so feisty and it puts me kinda off.

This:

-You okay intel?-

-You will Own Nothing and Be Happy-

and now the:

-Thanks for not spitting in my face...-

I literally cringe and don´t want to click them, maybe i got to old and the Tiktok-gen likes it,

but i feel like it clashes with the new approach more towards Quality instead of pure Entertainment.

It´s my first post and i know that clickbait and silly faces is a must for the algo, but maybe i´m not alone it if they are testing new things out, it gets a bit more mature.

Thanks for reading.

I hope they (Youtube) change that someday. It´s silly for People over 25 to make them and sad that they have to.

23 minutes ago, Falrach said:

I hope they (Youtube) change that someday. It´s silly for People over 25 to make them and sad that they have to.

It's not YouTube directly. Basically blame the viewers for creating a catch 22 we can't get out of. YouTube could force anti clickbait but that's like flailing around a shotgun wildly. *insert clip of insternet historian and todd howard shooting a shotgun blindfolded to see who's gonna get banned from Fallout 76*

The only way this can change is the creator sticking by their integrity or viewers picking up on good watching habits.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 hours ago, Falrach said:

There is nothing for YouTube to change. YouTube doesn't have some technology that rewards vague titles and thumbnails where people are making silly faces, viewers reward those things. 

The reality is clickbait works. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 hours ago, Falrach said:

It´s my first post and i know that clickbait and silly faces is a must for the algo,

actually its not, its a mindset,  not a necessity. 

i know channels which don't do any of this, and they make *more* money than Ltt (as a "random" example) can ever dream of ~

(hint: supercars and hypercars related for example,  so completely different clientele,  with a gazillion times more money 😉 )

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 hours ago, venomtail said:

It's not YouTube directly. Basically blame the viewers for creating a catch 22 we can't get out of. YouTube could force anti clickbait but that's like flailing around a shotgun wildly. *insert clip of insternet historian and todd howard shooting a shotgun blindfolded to see who's gonna get banned from Fallout 76*

The only way this can change is the creator sticking by their integrity or viewers picking up on good watching habits.

i agree with this, it isnt youtube,  its the audience,  as demonstrated in this very thread,  who think they "know" the algorithm,  when they really don't! 

recommend watching youtube outside the app with no account and strict cookie settings as well as "no location" settings,  you'll see a very different "algorithm" i barely see any "weird and offensive" faces or clickbait titles.

as i already said there are very successful channels with around a million + subscribers that don't do any of this. you don't need 15 million subscribers to make a lot of money and be successful. 

quality over quantity has more staying power as well, simply.  (of course that's also a lot harder to do)

its not the algorithm,  its the audience,  the algorithm only servers their needs (for better or worse)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity