has nvidia ever made itsown games?

aqarwaen29

its stupid question, but has nivida  its own ever developed games for its graphics cards.with this mean tomreally push gpu to its limits and and show what is possible.i tried google and did not see any results 

To my knowledge, no Nvidia has never made any games before. They'd work with game developers to optimize games for their hardware but that's the extent of it I'm sure.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Kinda? Portal RTX is the first thing that comes to mind, where they were the ones who put most of the effort into the remaster, to the point where it doesn't properly run on AMD cards, though they didn't make Portal itself. Quake RTX was the same way, though that might've been more of a community thing (I know they sponsored it eventually, I just forget it if twas from the beginning or not). 

There might be even earlier examples, those are just the two most recent ones I can think of. 

The resources to develop a game is not small, especially to push a GPU to the limits. So financially speaking, even a company as big as Nvidia, would need massive investment to develop their own game, then need to have sales to justify the investment.

So, to avoid this massive investment, they could've just worked with actual game devs/publishers, like they did with SoTR when they first showed RTX. Mutual advertisement for the game and for the GPU.

So, no, they never made their own game, at least recently, AFAIK.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

No.

Developing actual games is a different skillset from developing hardware or drivers, and making technically advanced ones is not cheap or quickly done. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 hours ago, dilpickle said:

They made lots of demos back in the day. Chameleon was particularly memorable for me.

I remember running Chameleon when I picked-up my Ti 4600, it was a really cool demonstration of some of the newer technologies. I had a Voodoo 3 prior, and that nvidia demo blew my mind.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Just go to the Minecraft Bedrock Marketplace and search for RTX and you can download some demo maps showcasing RTX in different spots. You can't miss it. It is literally the only thing that comes up.

Edit: And 4 Maps/Demos of RTX by 3rd parties I just think it is funny they pushed RTX on Minecraft so hard they forgot to add some Global-Working texture Packs themselves.