From what you've seen on videos, who are your favourite LMG on-camera people? (Can't choose Linus or Yvonne)

Edgar R. Zakarian

Sarah seems fun but not "techie".  Luke is okay but only on mute (he'll blow out your eardrums).  I don't know most of their names anyway so I don't know.

I do really miss seeing Luke on the main channel.

Beyond that, my favorites are: Nicky V(the sauce will never die), Dan, and Alex.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 hours ago, mariushm said:

I'm sorry and probably gonna get flack for this, and I'm not transphobic or anything, but I don't think Emily would be good as presenter. You have to balance lots of things when making decisions..  you'll get points from a small 5-10% minority that will like you including transgender, another small percentange will neither like nor dislike you, and the other people won't stop watching ltt videos if she hosts some videos, but her interests seem to be mostly about older hardware, technical subjects LTT is just not so interested about, it's a nice subject, most people come to ltt for new things, entertaining things.

I don't think she's be a good host due to weight, body shape, not her gender - sad reality is a lot of people are conditioned to see fit bodies as healthy, to aim for and so on, so they won't like her as a host even if she's knowledgeable and good person.  Could work for Shortcircuit style videos where person is behind a desk most of a time but other videos, it's harder.

I know, I'm quite fat in real life, and I can see it... I know me being on camera wouldn't really work even if I had a personality like James or Linus. 

Why even bring her up in a thread about our favourite presenters if you're just going to call her presence on the channel into question? Whilst also making comments on the public acceptance of her gender and weight?

I feel like the only staff we really get to ‘know’ in depth are LLD, because they are live, unfiltered, and talking at length both on tech related topics and in general. I like all three, but Luke is definitely Sensible Good, Dan is Chaotic Good, and Linus flicks between Chaotic neutral and just damn chaotic.

I feel it’s a bit unfair to pass judgement on the others - we don’t see them as much, and they’re generally acting either off a script or playing a character somewhat, so who knows? I feel like members of LMG reading this thread would maybe be a bit disappointed to read this thread and see nobody mention them or say they find them annoying, so I’d rather say that I’d happily have a blather off the record with most of the LMG staff. Don’t think there’s anyone I actively dislike.

3 minutes ago, TeraSeraph said:

Why even bring her up in a thread about our favorite presenters if you're just going to call her presence on the channel into question? Whilst also making comments on the public acceptance of her gender and weight?

Because several people mentioned her in the thread above my comment. And because I'm allowed to express my thoughts.

I also labeled James as immature, yet that didn't bother you...

26 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Because several people mentioned her in the thread above my comment. And because I'm allowed to express my thoughts.

okay? but you're suggesting we shouldn't give equal opportunity and visibility to people based on their gender and physical shape, all so that the channel will get more views. Which serves to perpetuate the stigmas that already exist rather than normalizing a wider acceptance. 

26 minutes ago, mariushm said:

I also labeled James as immature, yet that didn't bother you...

Because I don't disagree and would say that Linus is immature too.

defo Luke & Emily

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Love Alex in the chaotic types of videos, such as the old-school workshop and waterblock design videos. He has this smart enough to know better, but dumb enough to do it the stupid way energy. Tynan is similar to him

Sarah is really spontaneous in front of the camera and I really enjoy her reviews and videos since she seems knowledgeable and passionate about a lot of stuff  

Emily for being knowledgeable as hell and still finding great ways to entertain (see the roasting offers on marketplace video)

Honorable mention to Luke, Riley, Dan, David and Tanner McCoolman

Sarah (one of my favorites), Emily Young, Alex, Adam, Plouffe, Jonathan Horst (didn't expect to like him, but I do), Dan and Luke are the ones that come to mind. 
I haven't seen Tanner in enough videos yet to form an opinion, but would like to see him more.

Not a fan of Riley, Jake or James.

My impression of how they come across on camera - Riley is super annoying and tries to hard to be funny. Jake comes across as lazy and immature, and James comes across as an asshole. Not saying they are any of these things, as I don't know them at all.

Jake, Alex, Colton, Dennis, & Dan. 

I loved the old school channel super funs of like the glow in the dark dodge ball. The good ol days. 

Emily, Sarah, Adam, Riley, James, Jake, Dan, Alex, Jonathan, Dennis, Colton, David, Andy and probably someone else I’ve forgotten about right now. But most of the ones currently appearing on camera.

People that have left that I kind of miss:

Max, Nicky V, Taran, Brandon and Ivan.

EDIT:// Luke doesn’t count, since he’s FP and appears fairly regurarley still. 

5 minutes ago, Spindel said:

EDIT:// Luke doesn’t count, since he’s FP and appears fairly regurarley still. 

Luke works for LMG again as CTO btw 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

Probably Sarah. Her laugh and bubbly personality are great on camera.

LMG needs more women on camera, if anything to bleed off the "dudebro" nature of some of the videos.

Don't get me wrong, I like Linus on screen, but I feel he needs someone to bounce off, on-camera, when expressing opinions. 

Emily is by far my favourite person at LMG, followed by luke, dennis, and riley 

I don't really watch LMG anymore so this is based on outdated videos by this point  

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I don't know much about the current staff since I haven't watched LMG channels for about 4 years now.

Really liked Nicky V back when he was still around. Dude was hilarious. The video where he pimps the pink car is still one of my favorites.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

I riley like Really... wait the other way around. Dan is awesome too.

They have plenty of great onscreen people, especially when in their element, this is clear with people like Plouffe, Emily and quite a few others, but I feel they need to be excited about something. Whereas I feel like Riley and Dan could do videos about a stick of butter and still make it great.