I decided to join the forum and I'm finding it rather difficult to navigate.

NoSyrup
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

You can set up a custom activity feed like @DildorTheDecent suggested. That will give you a feed you can scroll through though of what content you're interested in. I find it's usually more convenient to follow the subforums of topics you're interested in. Just visit that subforum and click the follow button to receive notifications (or emails) when new content is posted there. You can also follow individual topics to be notified of new replies and follow members to receive notifications when they post.

Hi Everybody! 

Well, I joined up. Finally. So I'll admit that I'm rather naive towards forums in General. I guess Reddit is my best personal reference when it comes down to forums. Point is, I decided to sign up as a way of showing some support, insight and mostly just because I want to be apart of the LTT community and such. I've managed to set up my profile with ease as it's pretty straight - forward. I'm trying to whether or not one can have a personalized feed and such. I've been trying to follow various topics and such and would like to try navigate through them in a more relevant time and relevant, present time topics. Does anyone feel the need to perhaps tell/show if and how to set up a personalized feed? 

Just now, NoSyrup said:

Hi Everybody! 

Well, I joined up. Finally. So I'll admit that I'm rather naive towards forums in General. I guess Reddit is my best personal reference when it comes down to forums. Point is, I decided to sign up as a way of showing some support, insight and mostly just because I want to be apart of the LTT community and such. I've managed to set up my profile with ease as it's pretty straight - forward. I'm trying to whether or not one can have a personalized feed and such. I've been trying to follow various topics and such and would like to try navigate through them in a more relevant time and relevant, present time topics. Does anyone feel the need to perhaps tell/show if and how to set up a personalized feed? 

Yeah, my grammer truly sucks today. Sorry about that. English is not my native language but I'm fluent and capable enough. 

1 minute ago, NoSyrup said:

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is activity streams: https://linustechtips.com/discover/?do=create

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, NoSyrup said:

Yeah, my grammer truly sucks today. Sorry about that. English is not my native language but I'm fluent and capable enough. 

You can edit your posts to correct any grammar issues if you prefer. Although, i don't really see any

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is activity streams: https://linustechtips.com/discover/?do=create

I thank you for your response! I confess, I think I'm guilty of not spending the few minutes to explore it like I should. I've just finished driving 14h and my initiative to merely explore and such is just depleted 

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You can edit your posts to correct any grammar issues if you prefer. Although, i don't really see any

I made a few I think. I think I said it because of my bio stating I'm a Freelance writer. So either I felt some kind of Insecurity or maybe I wanted to try and justify myself to the grammer police, hahaha! Maybe both. Yup, definitely both. 

You can set up a custom activity feed like @DildorTheDecent suggested. That will give you a feed you can scroll through though of what content you're interested in. I find it's usually more convenient to follow the subforums of topics you're interested in. Just visit that subforum and click the follow button to receive notifications (or emails) when new content is posted there. You can also follow individual topics to be notified of new replies and follow members to receive notifications when they post.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 8/19/2023 at 1:41 AM, NoSyrup said:

Hi Everybody! 

ltt is one of the forums thats easier to navigate than most tbh. you just click on the little homebutton (house icon) on the left and go "up" one layer, that way you can see the different sections and click on what you like / are interested in .

its a bit tedious for sure, but thats just how forums work.  the advantage to something like reddit is you can be really specific on one site,  rather than have "forums" dedicated to idiotic stuff like "am i the asshole lul"

and the real advantage is things being achieved so information is not as easily lost. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Hey yall. 

Thank you very much for all the suggestion and such. Truly appreciated. 

Probably an odd place to say this but considering these times of animosity throughout the world, I wish you all the best for the new week. 

Thanks again! 

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

ltt is one of the forums thats easier to navigate than most tbh. you just click on the little homebutton (house icon) on the left and go "up" one layer, that way you can see the different sections and click on what you like / are interested in .

its a bit tedious for sure, but thats just how forums work.  the advantage to something like reddit is you can be really specific on one site,  rather than have "forums" dedicated to idiotic stuff like "am i the asshole lul"

and the real advantage is things being achieved so information is not as easily lost. 

Thanks for your response here. I see now that a platform like reddit or discord perhaps actually serves an entirely different purpose. I see the benefits of the forum and understand as to why it exists a bit better now.

I gathered that a forum seems to be more relevant towards what an entity, such as LLT use as a place to have a Space for like fans or like minded peeps whom share the same interests and such to be able to engage in a more personalized type of atmosphere.

At least this is what I gathered now From my perspective. I like it though. It feels to me rather liberating to have a place to engage with less trolls. Rather refreshing. 

1 hour ago, NoSyrup said:

Thanks for your response here. I see now that a platform like reddit or discord perhaps actually serves an entirely different purpose.

it does, reddit etc is not a forum in the traditional (internet)  sense. and neither is a forum "social media" in the traditional sense, "simply put" lol. those are entirely different things. 

gathered that a forum seems to be more relevant towards what an entity, such as LLT use as a place to have a Space for like fans or like minded peeps whom share the same interests and such to be able to engage in a more personalized type of atmosphere.

yh, but you could also just talk about other things like music photography or any "off topic" subject really. that's why traditional forums are just far superior. 

like it though. It feels to me rather liberating to have a place to engage with less trolls. Rather refreshing.

reddit especially is nothing but a huge meme/troll conglomerate,  it does not serve any purpose other than disturbance and destruction.  ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

it does, reddit etc is not a forum in the traditional (internet)  sense. and neither is a forum "social media" in the traditional sense, "simply put" lol. those are entirely different things. 

You pretty much summed it up perfectly. I know I found myself hesitant to join forums because of my own assumptions of it. I think I might have subconsciously categorized forums as just another social media platform or something. 

yh, but you could also just talk about other things like music photography or any "off topic" subject really. that's why traditional forums are just far superior. 

I did see this whilst exploring. What I like about all this in particular is how it does cater to a Space for general engagements such as thr topics. I love the fact that one can have a blog here and that the blogs doesn't feel like the millions generic blogs that's only purpose is for monetization. 

reddit especially is nothing but a huge meme/troll conglomerate,  it does not serve any purpose other than disturbance and destruction.  ~

Couldn't agree woth you more. In fact, I'm finding it more frustrating lately.

Reddit is like accidentally farting one of those death stench smells amd you're in a car on the coldest day of year. When all you feel is the need to pull over and step out for fresh air but by doing this you'll freeze, be late for work and explain to someone that it was because of a fart.