FCC approves plan to allow for paid priority on Internet

Rossco

How do they plan to enforce this if they are not under title II! Are you stupid or somethings, it just have them the legal right to keep doing what they are doing. When they get caught doing something illegal they will say they are under title 1 not 2 so they can't enforce it. Like really, the judge told you to reclassified them. Can we get someone who isn't idiot or corrupted?

#fucknetneutrality

And it will all go downhill from here.

It will **IF YOU LET IT**. You need to write - you need to CALL!

Every

Single

Day (ok well seriously at least weekly)

my name is X from XXX and my zip code is XXXXX (staff'll love you for the foresight). I'd like to let the senator know that I do not support the FCC's recently passed plan to allow telcoms to alter bandwidth speed on a per-content-provider basis. Further, please let the senator know that I rise in support of reclassification of internet service providers under Title II entities.

Make sure your representatives know in very clear terms that you do not suppose this.

The EU has had fairly strong net neutrality positive rulings, it seems like it might be OK over here for now. At least until US based services increase their costs over in Europe too to count for paying off US ISPs.

I don't think it's as bad as people are making it seem. Correct me if I'm wrong. So what if companies can pay money for their users to get faster connections. How does that hurt anyone? If a small start-up company is trying to get more hits but doesn't have the money then they will have a normal connection like it is now right? So it only helps competition with the bigger companies like Netflix/Hulu and Twitter/FB stuff right?

I don't think it's as bad as people are making it seem. Correct me if I'm wrong. So what if companies can pay money for their users to get faster connections. How does that hurt anyone? If a small start-up company is trying to get more hits but doesn't have the money then they will have a normal connection like it is now right? So it only helps competition with the bigger companies like Netflix/Hulu and Twitter/FB stuff right?

Dude... do you really think they will just get a "normal connection"? where do you think the "speed lanes" will get their bandwidth from? The land of magical unicorns perhaps? No, they will take the bandwidth from everybody, including their avarage Joe, and then charge extra for what you'd call normal today.

"other" countries never had net neutrality to begin with - most of them throttle 

there are  a few on the net neutrality list right now

So some other countries don't matter? Mine is on that list, that doesn't mean I want the US to accept non net-neutrality. Europe has this tendency to take over bad american habbits.

Dude... do you really think they will just get a "normal connection"? where do you think the "speed lanes" will get their bandwidth from? The land of magical unicorns perhaps? No, they will take the bandwidth from everybody, including their avarage Joe, and then charge extra for what you'd call normal today.

Ah, didn't think of that. Well okay then! Now I kinda see why people are all up in arms about it. Thank you.

i like how people that arnt even from the US in the forum are angry xD

We are, because it is just a matter of time before it spreads...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

So, who wants to wager 4chan's /b/ is going to do some FCC anal raping?

So, who wants to wager 4chan's /b/ is going to do some FCC anal raping?

I wager about tree fiddeh

Linus for christ saks help us were going down

For Fu**s sake Google, why must you take so damn long to give us google fiber?!?! These damn ISPs are shitting money on the FCC to get what they want.

Hmmm, now that every major corporation/business/governmental agency runs online... maybe the hippies that invented the internet are finally beginning the process to ruin it.  Are we being taken back to the garden???? B) Maybe "net neutrality" really means neutralizing the net???

My rig =SCOUT2= 

This hilarious graph of Netflix speeds shows the importance of net neutrality

isp-speed.png

"Speeds on [Comcast] have been decreasing steadily since last fall, but following the deal, Comcast restored all the speed that Netflix had lost and much more in the space of a couple of months."

Source: http://knowmore.washingtonpost.com/2014/04/25/this-hilarious-graph-of-netflix-speeds-shows-the-importance-of-net-neutrality/

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't.

In other news, many people seem to be emigrating from the USA to European countries...

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Well that's Tek Syndicate's agenda sorted for the next 6 months.

I can't watch that shit anymore, I go to YouTube to get my mind away from corporate madness.

I love the Tek guys, but the most entertaining video segments they make are now intros...

Someone had to say it.

WTF!! How corrupt or stupid is the FCC this plan is basically legalized extortion allowing internet providers to charge company's for the data they use while also charging the end user for the same data is totally insane and really a 2 tiered internet how could anyone think thats a good idea the absolute amorality and stupidity of this ruling is mind boggling

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

**GoT spoiler, dont read if you didnt see last Sundays episode of GoT**

Tyrion said it best in GoT:
"There is no justice here. Let the gods decide my fate. I demand a trial by combat!"

Well... Fuck. y u do dis fcc :'(

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

You know what companies won't stop until they bleed the population dry and the worst thing in all this, the people put in place to defend that population a.k.a the government is the one that allows and mandate rules that allows this sickening exploitation.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

I'm not expecting to be boned dude.  So what if I can't be online as much, maybe I'll just go fishing, golfing, riding... maybe I'll start a little garden or something.

My rig =SCOUT2=