FCC approves plan to allow for paid priority on Internet

Rossco

Well its official... I'm moving to Canada

Ok, I have a solution. We find the IP's of all the congressmen that voted to pass the bill and the lets throw in all government IP's in america just for fun. Then we bundle them all up with that script someone made that limits their speed to less than dialup, and anyone with a website can install it. I'm thinking google might actually do it, which would be hilarious and the bill would go away right away...

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

Nothing has officially been approved.  People need to relax.  There are still a lot of questions being answered about what this means but what we do know is that for the next 4 months what was proposed today, FYI reclassifying them as public utilities was an option, will be used to weigh public opinion.  

This guy is correct. So far they have just started formally considering the proposal.

They have st up an email for the public's comments and thoughts on the issue: openinternet@fcc.gov.  (Note to those choosing to send an email. all emails sent to that address will eventually be made available to the public including your email addresses and name will be visible.)

I don't think we need to calm down though we need to make our senators and congressmen aware that a tiered internet or fast lane is not an option!

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Ok, I have a solution. We find the IP's of all the congressmen that voted to pass the bill and the lets throw in all government IP's in america just for fun. Then we bundle them all up with that script someone made that limits their speed to less than dialup, and anyone with a website can install it. I'm thinking google might actually do it, which would be hilarious and the bill would go away right away...

so exactly 0 IP's ... ive got them

Here they are:

Again for those that missed:

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Remember though guys there is still a final vote :P

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

This guy is correct. So far they have just started formally considering the proposal.

They have st up an email for the public's comments and thoughts on the issue: openinternet@fcc.gov.  (Note to those choosing to send an email. all emails sent to that address will eventually be made available to the public including your email addresses and name will be visible.)

I don't think we need to calm down though we need to make our senators and congressmen aware that a tiered internet or fast lane is not an option!

my question is will they actually look at the emails that everyone sends them or will they read them and toss them to the side b/c clearly if they had read all those email and took them into consideration they would've already thrown out the fast lane clause.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

In other news, many people seem to be emigrating from the USA to European countries...

Sadly true: A lot of people will overlook a lot of the inequities and bullshit on their country but once the damage is more immediate to their addictions (like the internet) they just might.

Oh well, they will likely be introduced to other important concepts like Free Healthcare and high but fair taxation that actually brings citizens benefits as well as better education. I honestly recommend that everybody travels or relocates temporarily, experiencing a different culture is very important.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Part of the Notice of proposed rulemaking says that they are to respond to concerns and comments made during the initial 60 days following the Notice of proposed rulemaking (those comments should come in the 30 days following that).

This causes so many problems.....I hate it.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

I'm starting to think that all this petitioning isn't doing anything. Lets face it the US we live in is a oligarchy, where the rich have all the power and the middle to low class has little to no power. I feel that I this petitioning and voicing our opinions, all they are doing to make it seem like they care by delaying voting for alittle while or saying they don't agree with Wheeler is just lip service.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

And we're here so screwed, helpless. No matter what we do (contact state reps, send emails/calls) its gonna very hard for us to win unless someone like Wikipedia or Google step up and make a bold statement. Which they won't (well Google, maybe not Wiki) because they depend a lot on being on the government's good side. 

oh great. ok guys lets get to work on WWW 2.0

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Solution: Google (youtube too) and the other big ones should limit their connection speed to dialup for everyone, till they realize that this was a shitty idea. I'd rather have two weeks of really crapy internet than for the rest of my life. Because if they don't retire that decision, it's going to get really shitty from here. To the point where the Internet simply isn't useable anymore.

2600k, HD6870, 16GB

I don't like this one bit.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

mid term US elections are soon 

MAKE NOISE and make this an election issue. 

if you don't live in the us make your voice heard just like how Bob and his army were heard after the google + integrations. 

hopefully this won't be forgotten for the main 2016 elections. 

mid term US elections are soon 

MAKE NOISE and make this an election issue. 

if you don't live in the us make your voice heard just like how Bob and his army were heard after the google + integrations. 

hopefully this won't be forgotten for the main 2016 elections. 

Yeah I agree but part of me is starting doubt the effectiveness of it. I mean when Obama made Net neutrality a election issue during his campaign run and look where we are now. Sure they say that it matters to them when running for office but they will throw out that belief once they are in office. (with an exception to some politicians ofc)

http://youtu.be/g-mW1qccn8k  

In other news, many people seem to be emigrating from the USA to European countries...

I want out so bad...  :(

Take me in please!

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I guarantee that Canada will catch onto this faster than we can say "net neutrality".

That's the way everything is here; nothing good trickles down to us fast enough, but those ISPs and carriers have got plenty an ear for stuff like $60/month 3-year contracts, $80/month 2-year contracts, and killing net neutrality.

I guarantee that Canada will catch onto this faster than we can say "net neutrality".

That's the way everything is here; nothing good trickles down to us fast enough, but those ISPs and carriers have got plenty an ear for stuff like $60/month 3-year contracts, $80/month 2-year contracts, and killing net neutrality.

a lot more than Canada will probably catch on, unless the people of America make such a massive deal about it and other governments are afraid to do it in fear of the results :P

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log