What do we do now?

LinusTech
1 minute ago, Bassem said:

Don't be a fan, doesn't mean it's ok to attack them for fun, go read the first few pages it's disgusting

i posting they did wrong and need to fix it.

How ever all the 5 minute hate mail account and annoying the heck out of me and wish no on this forum

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors. 

48 minutes ago, GoStormPlaysYT said:

Maybe provide some evidence as to why we're not justified in this.

I'll give you evidence, your pall steve has one of the videos speaking about Linus monetized and getting millions and millions of views. I talk about this in the sub-reddit and you know what Steve's brigade said?

d193w2rgdvib1.png

"Oh, it's just hardware news, it has more content than linus so of course he can have monetization"

Except the video is literally 50% talking about LMG again AND he wouldn't be getting those millions of views if it weren't for the drama they started!

You can literally see here:

https://reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15ukf4n/since_everyone_piled_up_on_ltt_for_this_i_want_to/

Edit: And here's the difference with GN vs LTT, the mods from the LTT reddit removed the post while I'm betting GamersNexus reddit would never prevent any shitting on LMG.

4 hours ago, WeiSheiLindon said:

3. There were jokes made in the video about having sponsors.

You, the audience, do not have the right to revoke a license for humour. You may find certain jokes objectionable, but that is ultimately your problem. This does absolutely nothing to objectively prove LMG is an immoral company, and therefore, is irrelevant.

I have the right to say if jokes seem tone deaf and not to my moral standards. Not all moral standards are the same. That's a fact.

14 hours ago, nv40 said:

You are justified in running your mouth, but LTT slamming production to a halt is beyond stupid. The vocal minority once again craps on the silent majority who don't give a crap about half these things and just want to stay away from the drama. 

If you think it's stupid then, maybe, the problem is yours. It seems that whatever is not important for you is "drama". I recall this having something to do with a narcissistic personality.

55 minutes ago, weez said:

Cancel Culture in full affect. Congrats people. You did it! Hope you're all happy

You don't get what it really means "cancel culture".

36 minutes ago, DrHax34 said:

I'll give you evidence, your pall steve has one of the videos speaking about Linus monetized and getting millions and millions of views. I talk about this in the sub-reddit and you know what Steve's brigade said?

d193w2rgdvib1.png

"Oh, it's just hardware news, it has more content than linus so of course he can have monetization"

Except the video is literally 50% talking about LMG again AND he wouldn't be getting those millions of views if it weren't for the drama they started!

https://reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15ukf4n/since_everyone_piled_up_on_ltt_for_this_i_want_to/

Edit: And here's the difference with GN vs LTT, the mods from the LTT reddit removed the post while I'm betting GamersNexus reddit would never prevent any shitting on LMG.

isnt it funny that they havnt done a vidio expalaining that the whole monoblock mistake had already been sorted out before they had even posted thier first vidio? well maybe not as i doubt there would be much money in it for them.

1 hour ago, Bassem said:

me too (and you don't have to be a fan,I just wish people were more reasonable), I'm not talking about you, go read the first few pages, it's disgusting

every one wants to judge LMG, without trying to understand what happened (which doesn't deserve this outrage), and they feel good about themself 

Do you understand what happened?

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

1 hour ago, Iblade said:

you know this is all a load of crap, NO-ONE in the thread actualy know anything at all about what is really going on. NO-ONE from any other channel knows the full story. and NO-ONE is going to end up happyer after this all ends.

Does LMG have problems with in thier company? OF COURSE THEY DO every company has it's issuses there is not one single company that is perfect and anyone who thinks other wise is just plain STUPID. and TBH i think this has been blown up way to big because alot of people who only have half the information see an opportunity to either make trouble or make money off of all this when most of this is NONE OF THIER BUSINESS.

did linus make a mistake when he posted his reply? probaly but who wouldnt write something with emotion when his lifes work is being ridiculed and people are trying to destroy it.

now alot of people are going to say i'm a fan boy making excuses for them or other such crap and you know i dont really care what the trolls on here have to say about me because it just goes to prove the point haters are going to hate. and for the Record i have alot of issuses with the graphs and charts that are used to show "performance" but as they are the same ones i have with EVERY channel that does the type of reviews this channel does. as an example FPS is NOT a good messure of CPU performance these days especaily when a GPU is plugged into a system and theres such a thing as resizable bar. but EVERY channel uses it not just this one. do i think they need to explain more about benchmarks and graphs and such? of course i do which is why i loved the vidio that LMG did some time ago where they talked about the new software they are making and how it works. tell me any other channel that has done anything like that. as channels and reviewers go LMG is one of the best it's why they are so big.

as for all the alagations of sexual misconduct. i have no idea what went on and neither does anyone else in this thread because WE WHERE NOT THERE and only have disjointed comments from a few people here and there. and yet alot of people are saying the whole place is full of misogynistic scum of the earth and the whole place should be burned to the ground for it. IT MAKES ME SICK!! if something did happen then it should be dealt with of course but bashing everyone and making thier lives hell is NOT going to do anyone any good.

as for the monoblock it appear that was a genuine error that was fixed even before the whole "SCANDAL" broke

It was all "genuine" errors. When other companies have problems we throw shade at them too. LMG is no different.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

1 hour ago, DrHax34 said:

d193w2rgdvib1.png

That isn't the first video. They said they didn't monetize the first video, they didn't say anything about the second.

On 8/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, JuntaPiezas said:

Integrity in journalism is not "reaching to the involved party". That's why there are lots of journalist masterpieces related to drug dealers, criminal gangs, corrupt politicians... If you don't understand where may be necessary to reach out to be "fair" in an article/editorial piece it's just a problem with your judgement and lack of interest in real integrity.

LMAO did you just compare a case of misunderstanding and bad internal communication in a company with political corruption, drug dealing and criminal gangs? LMAAAAO

29 minutes ago, GoStormPlaysYT said:

That isn't the first video. They said they didn't monetize the first video, they didn't say anything about the second.

It's profiting off of drama though, which they "said that's not the intention". But keep defending them.

Also, the likelihood that the new viewers were viewers from the first video makes it so that NOW they're profiting off of them. But keep saying how one is an angel and the other is hell's spawn.

3 hours ago, mdk777 said:

Yeah, but that only works at the end of the year (if your days expire)

Taking sick days for mental health (vacation) defeats the intended INSURANCE of being able to take time off for actual sickness.

If you sick days don't expire, you can save them up until you retire (money in the bank)

Say you have three weeks of six leave and you actually have a heart attack, or get hit by a car and break your hip.

THAT is what the INSURANCE value of sick days is intended to provide.  If you use them up every six months for VACATION....well, I just hope you never get sick or injured.

But of course....you would still want to keep your position anyway right?

Personal responsibility instead of being entitled.

Where I work they expire, they do not carry forward. As for personal worry, a few days off here or there won't affect me monitarily, and if it's something more serious that's what disability INSURANCE is for. 

Taking accumulated sick days at the end of your career is no different then taking them any other time, and in fact can be far worse depending on how many you accumulate; BC Hydro had a number of people close to retirement take 3 years of banked time off at the end of their careeer. They weren't allowed to hire replacements, as they were still technically on payroll. It caused a far worse situation than taking a few days off here and there. 

Bringing entitled by using the days I'm entitled to? What a joke. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, nv40 said:

You are justified in running your mouth, but LTT slamming production to a halt is beyond stupid. The vocal minority once again craps on the silent majority who don't give a crap about half these things and just want to stay away from the drama. 

As someone wo is usually part of silent majority i highly disagree with this statement. They clearly have some stuff to sort out. I was always put off when linus said that he doesen't want his people to unionise. A union is not something that is supposed to fight the business, it is supposed to give the workers a strong voice so both parties can move into a better futur together. And i am positive a union (doing their job) would have helped with a lot of these issues.

33 minutes ago, GoStormPlaysYT said:

It was all "genuine" errors. When other companies have problems we throw shade at them too. LMG is no different.

you do know that linus knew about the problems within LMG months ago and stepped aside after hiring a new CEO to take his place? the main problem here is that his influance has yet to be as far reaching as it needs to be to fix alot of the problems that LMG does have.

the main problem here is the fact that it has all blown up into a massive problem not because it is one but because trolls want to MAKE it a problem.

Gamersnexus isnt helping either. now i dont have a problem with the fact they brought this to everyones attention however i do have a problem with how they are covering this.

First they make a vidio outlining what THEY think are problems, did they reach out to LMG for comment about any of them problems liike they did when they did a similar piece on newegg? well obviously not or they would have been told that the monoblock issuse had already been dealt with and how among other things they would have probably been told.

Seocound the next day during thier "NORMAL" news vidio they spend half of the time (12mins of a 26mins) saying how THEY think that the 1 page reply from linus is so bad.

Third 2 days later they launch another vidio showing how THEY are "Revolutionising GPU and CPU reviews"

if they care so much about this issuse why is there no vidio talking about the LMG apology vidio or any of the information in it? or is it all selfserving? now as i said i dont have a problem with them bringing this to the comunity and reasing things they think of a problems but is this really the way to do it? well i dont think it is but thats my PERSONAL opinion and you are welcome to agree or disagree.

15 minutes ago, DrHax34 said:

It's profiting off of drama though, which they "said that's not the intention". But keep defending them.

Also, the likelihood that the new viewers were viewers from the first video makes it so that NOW they're profiting off of them. But keep saying how one is an angel and the other is hell's spawn.

Most tech news nowadays is drama/drama inducing. Obviously they're gonna profit off of that.

1 minute ago, Iblade said:

you do know that linus knew about the problems within LMG months ago and stepped aside after hiring a new CEO to take his place? the main problem here is that his influance has yet to be as far reaching as it needs to be to fix alot of the problems that LMG does have.

the main problem here is the fact that it has all blown up into a massive problem not because it is one but because trolls want to MAKE it a problem.

Gamersnexus isnt helping either. now i dont have a problem with the fact they brought this to everyones attention however i do have a problem with how they are covering this.

First they make a vidio outlining what THEY think are problems, did they reach out to LMG for comment about any of them problems liike they did when they did a similar piece on newegg? well obviously not or they would have been told that the monoblock issuse had already been dealt with and how among other things they would have probably been told.

Seocound the next day during thier "NORMAL" news vidio they spend half of the time (12mins of a 26mins) saying how THEY think that the 1 page reply from linus is so bad.

Third 2 days later they launch another vidio showing how THEY are "Revolutionising GPU and CPU reviews"

if they care so much about this issuse why is there no vidio talking about the LMG apology vidio or any of the information in it? or is it all selfserving? now as i said i dont have a problem with them bringing this to the comunity and reasing things they think of a problems but is this really the way to do it? well i dont think it is but thats my PERSONAL opinion and you are welcome to agree or disagree.

Dude, this is an actual problem that has to be addressed.

So I literally finally created a LTT account to tell you all.... To grow the fuck up and find something better to do.

Stop judging these people who have worked their ass off in full view of the public because they made mistakes and comments they regretted. What would your actions and choices look like under such close examination people?

Did I miss some sort of humanitarian tragedy that happened or something?

Go outside. Read a book. Interact with strangers for once. Speak online like you would in person. Get the fuck over yourselves.

1 minute ago, GoStormPlaysYT said:

Dude, this is an actual problem that has to be addressed.

which problem exactly?

the mono block was sorted out before this all came to light

sexism has actualy to be proved to have happened at all

mistakes with graphs or acuracy? well they are work flow problems which is why the new CEO was hired in the first place if you watched the vidio where linus told us he was stepping down.

so which problem are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, Iblade said:

which problem exactly?

the mono block was sorted out before this all came to light

sexism has actualy to be proved to have happened at all

mistakes with graphs or acuracy? well they are work flow problems which is why the new CEO was hired in the first place if you watched the vidio where linus told us he was stepping down.

so which problem are you talking about?

All of it. The mono block was only half sorted out, sexism hasn't been sorted out, and just because someone is there to handle it doesn't mean it's handled yet.

2 hours ago, JuntaPiezas said:

I have the right to say if jokes seem tone deaf and not to my moral standards. Not all moral standards are the same. That's a fact.

Yes but that doesn't make LMG a bad company. There will be people in life that offend you. You should get over that instead of making it someone else's problem. Also, saying that's a fact does nothing to help your case, because if your argument is logical, it won't need to be proven, and if it does need to be proven with some form of data, that's definitely not in the form of saying "That's a fact."

Trigkey S5 Mini PC with Ryzen 7 5800H, 32GB RAM @ 3200Mhz, and Crucial P3 NVME SSD. Peripherals: Monitor - LG 24MP56 Keyboard - Razer Ornata V3 Mouse - SteelSeries Aerox 3(2022)

Just now, GoStormPlaysYT said:

All of it. The mono block was only half sorted out, sexism hasn't been sorted out, and just because someone is there to handle it doesn't mean it's handled yet.

errm did you even watch the vidio because the monoblock has acutaly been returned to the company so that is sorted, sexism has yet to be proven to have happened. and just because we havnt seen it doesnt mean the new CEO hasnt been dealing with the other problems. these things take time to do you cannt just snap you fingers and fix problems you first have tio identify what problems there are and THEN fix them. give them some time.

but all this just proves the point i was trying to make in my opening post

this is a LOAD OF CRAP that has been blown up out of all probortions by people who want to make trouble or want to make money

20 minutes ago, Iblade said:

errm did you even watch the vidio because the monoblock has acutaly been returned to the company so that is sorted, sexism has yet to be proven to have happened. and just because we havnt seen it doesnt mean the new CEO hasnt been dealing with the other problems. these things take time to do you cannt just snap you fingers and fix problems you first have tio identify what problems there are and THEN fix them. give them some time.

but all this just proves the point i was trying to make in my opening post

this is a LOAD OF CRAP that has been blown up out of all probortions by people who want to make trouble or want to make money

how does any of that change anything? if they lied to us before, why couldn't they just lie and say they fixed things?

1 hour ago, Zerbio said:

As someone wo is usually part of silent majority i highly disagree with this statement. They clearly have some stuff to sort out. I was always put off when linus said that he doesen't want his people to unionise. A union is not something that is supposed to fight the business, it is supposed to give the workers a strong voice so both parties can move into a better futur together. And i am positive a union (doing their job) would have helped with a lot of these issues.

In countries where unions are allowed, it's very common for companies to not want their workers to unionize. It's considered the best outcome, because if your workers are unionized, you have less power over them and this can result in loss of profit. Companies that pay their workers well and have a good working environment have no need for a union. The best companies aren't unionized. Unionization is not universally a good thing. I think it says enough about LMG working conditions that they haven't unionized.

Trigkey S5 Mini PC with Ryzen 7 5800H, 32GB RAM @ 3200Mhz, and Crucial P3 NVME SSD. Peripherals: Monitor - LG 24MP56 Keyboard - Razer Ornata V3 Mouse - SteelSeries Aerox 3(2022)

I think haters and supporters need to put down their pitchforks . Attacking each other for little to no reason doesn't make sense . Especially when we all agree on the same premise that Linus fucked up . 

As for the maddison accusations we know nothing yet . However some are willing to make comments about who it is and potentially damage someone's career without any proof . Stop the witch hunt . As plausible as it is that maddison was harassed . its also just as plausible that this is comments from a disgruntled ex employee . Yet people here are pressuring employees to speak up publicly . Let not create more controversy and wait for results of the investigation .  

THE FACTS 

• Billet labs controversy is dealt with .
  • LMG and linus apologised  for their conduct and poor QC on videos . Yes it was cringe with misplaced jokes . That said they are keeping to their word so far . Seems like they are making strides to improve on that end . 
  • Tarran is taking the helm and implementing procedures to improve things from his time in larger companies . 
  • LMG staff are been re trained
  • Maddison's accusations are been taken seriously by Linus , Yvonne and the CEO Tarran . Internal investigation 
  • Third party investigator also involved to remove bias from findings . 

THis is the acts so far .

I think there are people here on the  HATE TRAIN that want to see someone fail . I dont think they would care who it was . I could nearly bet any channel substantial enough to face criticism over a controversy would be attacked . SOme people need a cause . what better of a cause than someone who became self made and try to burn his reputation to the ground . I dont think LMG could win because no matter what form the apology took . People would still say it isnt genuine . 

A few thing i think LMG should do going forward . 

• Every employee should have access to a code of conduct set by the company from now on . It should be plainly written so even an idiot can understand . 
  • Employees should not by any means make comments about other channels  outside of LMG . Especially when they dont know the inner workings of those companies .
  • Everytime a new hire comes in they should be immediately be brought in and given all relevant information needed . This should include a pamphlet with who to contact in the case of workplace abuse . Phone numbers , emails etc. 
  • With the coming out of emily  , the abuse claims and the sheer pressure of workloads your staff have . Maybe it might be time to have someone for mental health available for staff . Be they an outside source or employed as a councillor . 
  • Regular meetings between staff and managers in every department to gauge if workloads are magable .    
  • Lastly this one is for Linus . You need to treat your company and employees as an investment . You can still have friends and have a fun work environment . You need to act more like the owner of the company . 

AS for the GN and LMG bias going on . Linus deserved this humbling experience . LMG as a whole reach a wider audience than most in the tech space . So their benchmarks , testing and statements and conduct in general have a larger impact than anyone realises . Steves first article was based on pure fact . No issues with it . Linus made a braindead comment about journalistic practises .  Steve then went on a tirade for the second article . It could have been handles better by both sides in the beginning . It wasn't lets leave it at that . 

As for those screaming for LTT videos . Seriously you want what's possibly bad information because of lack of fact checks and overworked employees . LMG needs to restructure and retrain staff . It cant do that and publish videos 7 days a week for our convenience . 

ON a final note what do we do ? No point arguing here on the forum since none of it is constructive at this stage . Posts are starting to devolve into overly defensive or overly offended posts . or we are pulling in toxic posts of reddit from each community . Our job is done here . Linus and LMG as a whole have been left with a very humbling experience . I will wait to see if change happens . Then i will pass judgement on if LMG deserves my watch time in the future .