What do we do now?

LinusTech
7 minutes ago, BadTatertot11147 said:

Wan show this week?

nope, they are halting all media production for the week/foreseeable future

Regarding Madison, I have seen a lot of demands to make things right. I think basically what it comes down to is people will have to be fired yeah?

Whatever "management" she spoke to about being touched without her consent who blew it off should not be working for the company, as well as whoever did the touching. Whoever in management told her basically "you're replaceable, they are more valuable so suck it up" should probably follow them out the door (depending on what specifically was said). Whichever employees said "you try to be funny because you have no other skills" and called her work "dogshit" should probably be gone as well - not for the same moral principal as the first two (3?), but because who the hell would want to work with someone who would say either of those things to a coworker? (and its not like they can say they didnt know better, so management sitting them down and having a "tough talk" cant be expected to accomplish much). But what do others think, we fire 4 people over this who may or may not be hosts the audience loves? Poll on the WAN show?

Side note: Linus hired a CEO because he was in over his head and admitted it, as far as I'm concerned he has known things need to improve and is actually working on it. Really not sure why everyone is demanding change like they have not already been making it. Because realistically the question is "What steps do we need to take to make this right" and I for one can't see people who ignored unwanted touching staying at the company, and if this 3rd party investigation is in any way legitimate whoever touched her and whoever ignored it should be applying elsewhere immediately. 

Side side note: Kinda sounds like a lot of people at the company just outright disliked her,  and I wonder what the other young women at the company have experienced. If it was just her it doesn't excuse anything, but seems important to find out if its just another toxic boys club where the women are all uncomfortable but quiet, or if everyone else legit has had no problems. Seems like Sarah and Yvonne are tight, so that leads me to think maybe this treatment was more focused rather than widespread?

my two cents.

It doesn't matter how ethical your are or good person you are you inner team is. The fact when your business grows to the point where the core of the business cant see the whole business as whole and don't know each other in the team leads to a break down of the system where bad actors and errors happen all the time.

This not a side-effect this why every mega corporation turns evil. When numbers get too big the higher up see the lower people as number and resouses stripping the humanity from said people.

when you have deal middle mangers one or more may have comprised ethics or misread ceos choices.

My views break up LTT/labs/techquickie/short-circuit/floatplane/etc limit the size of each so each leader and see whole team.

and GFC please add union and HR we been telling you do for years for such things as this.

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors. 

@LinusTech Probably gonna get me another warning/ban....but...THE APOLOGY VIDEO STILL HAS ONE ENTIRE FRAME WHERE THE PRICE OF THE BLOCK IS VISIBLE...13:17....frame by frame on You Tube can clearly see it....Davinci Resolve could easily do that blur for free. You are a million$ + company...fix it.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:26 AM, LinusTech said:

Your own lack ethics, morals, and methodology invalidate every single review you've ever done. There's zero reason to consider this company, ESPECIALLY Linus and the doofus who couldnt figure out how to unpackage a mouse, as trustworthy and knowledgable. You had the chance to own up to your mistakes, multiple chances actually, but instead, you double down on your moronic comments. PS - This is coming from someone who followed LTT and not the other competitors.

1 hour ago, maquisofjustic said:

well this video is that as he actually lied once again as billet didn't recive any offer before the gamer nexus video! he lied in his video about apologizing.

Billet lab clearly said they never recived an offer from LMG before the gamers nexus scandle to lie in an apology video is too much for me just too much!!!!!

I watched you linus since your ncix times not anymore!

Yeah, he definitely lied AND played crybaby as well. Cringiest apology ever. As a long time fan, I can't even bare to hear his whiny voice anymore.

6 minutes ago, CrybabyLinus said:

Your own lack ethics, morals, and methodology invalidate every single review you've ever done. There's zero reason to consider this company, ESPECIALLY Linus and the doofus who couldnt figure out how to unpackage a mouse, as trustworthy and knowledgable. You had the chance to own up to your mistakes, multiple chances actually, but instead, you double down on your moronic comments. PS - This is coming from someone who followed LTT and not the other competitors.

Joining the forums just to attack Linus doesn't work may say something constructive. if this was google, meta or MS mucking up we wouldn't even have thread that we directly reply to the team on they would just pretend it never happened.

this isn't the YT comments of twitter thread mate

edit:

and your double posting as well

Edited by NadiaMayer
edited to avoided double posting

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.

I rarely use this forum, I prefer others for my nerd stuff.
The criticism that LTT is getting right now is valid
But holy hay. People go from loving LTT and thinking it can do no wrong one moment to wanting to kill him the next
These extremes are not good, it isn't going to help LTT as a whole want to work towards greatness if every step they take they're going to be met by a thousand loud people telling them that they have messed up and will never recover. Mistakes are only human
Trust me though. I've been annoyed with the wrong graphs and what not in the LTT and other videos, I've been seeing them for a while now.
The fact that it took this long for LTT to have messed up this "bad" is honestly impressive. Any large group of people makes mistakes, and when they own up to it, even if the CVO/ CEO makes a stupid response first, we should meet them with some compassion. But still make sure they can better them self.
Lay out what they did wrong, and treat them like a fellow human being. And help them be better.

You don't beat a man when he is down
You don't watch someone trip and then push them back down when they try to get back up

Just keep in mind that you're talking about a lot of people, and these people work hard. Obviously.
Help them get better. And don't kill them over it.

I've watched LTT a lot over the past 10 or so years. And while they aren't perfect, they're pretty darn good. Godspeed to all at LTT, and I hope you guys are able to be better after this week. I feel like most of the community will be happy to see you back after this.

50 minutes ago, Noburt said:

I rarely use this forum, I prefer others for my nerd stuff.
The criticism that LTT is getting right now is valid
But holy hay. People go from loving LTT and thinking it can do no wrong one moment to wanting to kill him the next
These extremes are not good, it isn't going to help LTT as a whole want to work towards greatness if every step they take they're going to be met by a thousand loud people telling them that they have messed up and will never recover. Mistakes are only human
Trust me though. I've been annoyed with the wrong graphs and what not in the LTT and other videos, I've been seeing them for a while now.
The fact that it took this long for LTT to have messed up this "bad" is honestly impressive. Any large group of people makes mistakes, and when they own up to it, even if the CVO/ CEO makes a stupid response first, we should meet them with some compassion. But still make sure they can better them self.
Lay out what they did wrong, and treat them like a fellow human being. And help them be better.

You don't beat a man when he is down
You don't watch someone trip and then push them back down when they try to get back up

Just keep in mind that you're talking about a lot of people, and these people work hard. Obviously.
Help them get better. And don't kill them over it.

I've watched LTT a lot over the past 10 or so years. And while they aren't perfect, they're pretty darn good. Godspeed to all at LTT, and I hope you guys are able to be better after this week. I feel like most of the community will be happy to see you back after this.

The internet is full of angry, drama-seeking trolls. This influx of them over the last few days is a clear demonstration, that these types will rush to anything they think they can go wild about. When this drama has cooled-down, none of these new joins are likely to post here again, and many of them will go find another internet issue to spam forums about.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

1 hour ago, CrybabyLinus said:

Yeah, he definitely lied AND played crybaby as well. Cringiest apology ever. As a long time fan, I can't even bare to hear his whiny voice anymore.

coltons email confirms an email was sent

the fact it wasnt received was due to admin error. but offer was sent

so there was no lie

The fact there is now so much confused and misinformed information being spread around now shows how Steve delivering this scandal about linus so publically, was completely the wrong move, regardless of intentions, regardless of the fact that he was right

more damage is being done than is deserved

it couldve been an email

2 hours ago, OldGuard said:

People will have their own opinion about Linus and this whole mess.

However, no matter what he (Linus) says.. His true colors and core values came out in that video clip where he said he would not re-test the gpu cooler with the correct gpu because it will cost them hundreds of dollars in employee time (that was/is the real Linus).. That comment shows that he views LMG employees as an expense (think of SIMS but instead of a ? above heads its $$).

When any business owner is so focused and affect by MONEY or viewing employees as an expense, that work environment over at LMG is definitely toxic.

I've witnessed this happen with some people who have suddenly gained a lot of wealth. Linus started this business from rock bottom, and as such would've developed early habits to not spend that sort of money unless it was going to have a foreseeably significant outcome. From those I've personally witnessed, these habits are surprisingly difficult to break despite that money now being an insignificant portion of their finance. "[They] aren't fighting for survival anymore", but it is clear LMG as a whole still felt like it because that's the way it's always been.  

3 minutes ago, _Miew said:

I've witnessed this happen with some people who have suddenly gained a lot of wealth. Linus started this business from rock bottom, and as such would've developed early habits to not spend that sort of money unless it was going to have a foreseeably significant outcome. From those I've personally witnessed, these habits are surprisingly difficult to break despite that money now being an insignificant portion of their finance. "[They] aren't fighting for survival anymore", but it is clear LMG as a whole still felt like it because that's the way it's always been.  

Sounds like a miserable way to live.
And in that same video he went on to say that their internal policy is to do the right thing. Even though it was said in the context of the Billet Labs part of this mess, nevertheless if there is an internal policy to do the right thing then why not just do it?

Is there a special secret workflow to follow that guides when to use said policy? Or is it on a case by case basis.. For these 'X' things we do the right thing and for these 'Y' ones we let slide until caught or called out.  Or did that 'do the right thing' policy came into existence when this entire mess happened?

image.thumb.png.d84a885eecfcaa3ddff497a3d64bdf45.png

33 minutes ago, trustmebro16 said:

so there was no lie

The fact there is now so much confused and misinformed information being spread around now shows how Steve delivering this scandal about linus so publically, was completely the wrong move, regardless of intentions, regardless of the fact that he was right

it couldve been an email

Yeah I feel like if gn had just reached out this could of all been avoided, but at the same time I feel like it’s good that gn reached out as it seems that it will bring positive change to LMG as a whole, at least I hope. I’m rooting for them! 

I feel like a majority of the comments about the current state of LMG seem to focus too narrowly on specific incidents. Taking a step back and viewing the current situation from a corporate perspective, you can see that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Linus has repeatedly discussed the rapid growth of LMG, from a small Youtube channel focused on his love of computers to a large company that generates significant revenue with over one hundred employees. The amount of content creation that is needed to maintain the company comes at a great cost. With its vast media market share, remarkable use of corporate sponsorships, and large number of responsibilities to employees and business partners, the current controversies have exposed the delicate balance needed to sustain this growth.

I am sure this week-long break to review workflow changes will cost the company a notable amount of money. Sadly, if all that is accomplished is establishing additional quality review guidelines, slowing production timelines to increase accuracy, and polishing improved product testing criteria, the team will have not solved the underlying problem that has now come to a head.

While there are many varying perspectives on the issues LMG is currently facing, the biggest problem appears to be a disconnect between the mission and vision of the company and the character of its channels and content. Many of the recent problems are the result of a lack of a clear focus for the company.

Is the content created simply for entertainment, or to publish data driven reviews of the newest technology? Can it do both responsibly? Are viewers supporting a greedy corporation like others that Linus and Luke often rail against on the WAN Show, or a misguided company that has merely outgrown its humble roots? Do major hiring decisions need to be made to change the trajectory of the company, or has LMG simply become too big? Is the company falling out of touch with its core followers or is it a victim of a campaign to bring down one of the tech industry’s biggest voices?

As a regular consumer of the content, I have a hard time determining the answers to these questions. And that gets to the center of the problem. The various channels and types of content contradict each other and the content creators try to do too much, too fast. LMG has established its own responsibility to deliver accurate information and appropriately resolve mistakes, but even this announcement perpetuates ongoing problems with messaging and communicates a lack of understanding of the community’s perceived problems with the company.

Many of Linus’ fans have been along for the incredible journey and are here because of his personality and perspectives. He makes fun content and isn’t afraid to put himself out there on camera. It is also important to recognize that a lack of public relations oversight and competent media relations is damaging the brand. LMG is a large company that must act like a large company. Controversies nowadays can ruin a corporation, and the latest workplace complaints and communication failures will continue to be disastrous without a proper response accompanied by the necessary changes. 

Am I disappointed that these necessary changes would impact the content that I have come to enjoy? Of course. Do I think the content would be more scripted? Sadly, yes. Would this result in less content to ensure accuracy? Definitely. But LMG is at a crossroad. If they do not use this moment to change the company culture, structure, and operation at its core, it risks irreparable damage that will quickly end with the brand in the proverbial e-waste pile.

1 hour ago, trustmebro16 said:

so there was no lie

it couldve been an email

Also, Steve hasn't said or released anything else since LMG essentially showed they made a simple mistake. He hasn't even acknowledged that what he spread initially as "LMG STOLE AND GHOSTED BILLET LABS AND THEN LIED ABOUT IT" wasn't fully the case at all. His silence on all of this is very weird.

1 hour ago, OldGuard said:

Sounds like a miserable way to live.
And in that same video he went on to say that their internal policy is to do the right thing. Even though it was said in the context of the Billet Labs part of this mess, nevertheless if there is an internal policy to do the right thing then why not just do it?

Is there a special secret workflow to follow that guides when to use said policy? Or is it on a case by case basis.. For these 'X' things we do the right thing and for these 'Y' ones we let slide until caught or called out.  Or did that 'do the right thing' policy came into existence when this entire mess happened?

image.thumb.png.d84a885eecfcaa3ddff497a3d64bdf45.png

The thing is, Linus didn't consider that reviewing the Monoblock again would be "doing the right thing" because he didn't consider the review of the Monoblock in itself bad since bottom line, yes, it's a ridiculously priced product. It's on Billet Labs to show that they can improve and introduce a much better priced product. The only "right thing" to do here is rightly compensate Billet Labs for the loss of the Monoblock itself and that's it.

3 hours ago, CrybabyLinus said:

Imagine creating a forum account called "Crybaby Linus" just to basically come and spread hate.

The fact here is that I watched the mouse video and fucking hell, even I would've missed that plastic since when you look at product pictures, the mouse feet are literally that same white color! You should at least print on the plastic saying "Remove me" or something.

Also, you're saying they double downed on their moronic comments which is actually a pretty massive lie and just shows you didn't even look at both LMG's video (jokes aside) and their statements to press like The Verge, etc.

Stop spreading mindless hate.

4 hours ago, maquisofjustic said:

well this video is that as he actually lied once again as billet didn't recive any offer before the gamer nexus video! he lied in his video about apologizing.

Billet lab clearly said they never recived an offer from LMG before the gamers nexus scandle to lie in an apology video is too much for me just too much!!!!!

I watched you linus since your ncix times not anymore!

Hey, look at another person that didn't watch LMG's video where they clearly explain that Billet Labs not getting an offer was a mistake on Colton's part. Keep spreading mindless hate, kid.

4 hours ago, OldGuard said:

People will have their own opinion about Linus and this whole mess.

However, no matter what he (Linus) says.. His true colors and core values came out in that video clip where he said he would not re-test the gpu cooler with the correct gpu because it will cost them hundreds of dollars in employee time (that was/is the real Linus).. That comment shows that he views LMG employees as an expense (think of SIMS but instead of a ? above heads its $$).

When any business owner is so focused and affect by MONEY or viewing employees as an expense, that work environment over at LMG is definitely toxic.

This is just a bad take in general. As a business owner, you always have to have money in your mind, because that's how you pay expenses, pay folks their living so they can live their life and support their families and keep the company afloat. Thinking a business man can't have money as focus is just a wrong take in today's capitalist society.

Also, "HE SHOWED HIS TRUE COLORS", yeah, you try replying calmly on the Internet after being called thief and an evil villain by the whole of internet. Let's how well you fare then.

Linus literally hired a CEO because he knows he's not the most calm and he's not the best at all at management. He does have some sense of self awareness.

3 hours ago, pologoalie8908 said:

@LinusTech Probably gonna get me another warning/ban....but...THE APOLOGY VIDEO STILL HAS ONE ENTIRE FRAME WHERE THE PRICE OF THE BLOCK IS VISIBLE...13:17....frame by frame on You Tube can clearly see it....Davinci Resolve could easily do that blur for free. You are a million$ + company...fix it.

They used YouTube tools to do it

As I said mostly incompetent not malice that caused ton of this stuff how ever somebody did something wrong on terms with madison. Hence the need for HR

9 hours ago, BigFatTeddy said:

Wait? What? Who called out for GN to do that? What? I don't get it. When did GN become the tech-judge of Youtube?

If you screw up "in real life" (since not many of us have huge YT empires) it is usually your best friend (or atleast a very good friend) that comes to you and tell you that you screwed up.

If you don't listen and ignore the warning from your best friend and go on unhinged, who makes the intervention? Yes usually your friend(s)... Do you want real life examples or do you know what I mean when I say intervention?

LMG/Linus have been warned for YEARS and have brushed it off on WAN show multiple times... At some point the camels back breaks... The "you have screwed up" have been there multiple times... This was the Intervention.

Yes it hurts... Yes it will get better. Don't blame your friend when you were the one that screwed up and your friend snapped you out of it.

50 minutes ago, DrHax34 said:

The thing is, Linus didn't consider that reviewing the Monoblock again would be "doing the right thing" because he didn't consider the review of the Monoblock in itself bad since bottom line, yes, it's a ridiculously priced product. It's on Billet Labs to show that they can improve and introduce a much better priced product. The only "right thing" to do here is rightly compensate Billet Labs for the loss of the Monoblock itself and that's it.

and how many videos have they done on other "ridiculously priced" stuff? it's pretty much what the channel live off of... "look at my 100.000 dollar whatever" or "I bought a 10.000 pencil" or whatever...

Companies and People are not the same.

This is a perfect example of how even though a company is filled with genuine people, the company can still go down in the wrong direction.

12 minutes ago, owwnoooo said:

Companies and People are not the same.

This is a perfect example of how even though a company is filled with genuine people, the company can still go down in the wrong direction.

it the fact the Companies  can not seen the mind of a single person  as now there need be chains of command and control it i take one bad actor to break the chain and once it broken more bad actor wiggle.

either split the corporation or down size your teams so you can keep control of everything

dont be evil