What do we do now?

LinusTech

Lesson 1

Making negative comments about another You Tuber is not an issue of any importance and never should be be.

Making negative comments about another you Tuber ON CAMERA, during a guided tour of your facilities filmed by some random is definitely an issue.

Therefore,No filming,No cameras during guided tours,ever!

Lesson 2

When testing products you must always check and double check test results and recheck them again in edit. Expect someone to challenge your results regardless.

When showing said results,take time to explain for each page both to show your conclusions and to let the viewer see them,don't flash up page after page from this game or that game containing complex results forcing viewers to pause content to properly examine your data.

Lesson 3

If you agree to test a product,then do so with the same care and to the same standards as all other products. If it's clearly no good or really just a half baked prototype don't test it and say so by way of explanation.

Lesson 4

If you are 'called out' because you stuff up, don't apologise on camera reading from a teleprompter. People will think your shallow and insincere and won't know whether it's your apology or some copywriter, or Chat GPT.

Lesson 5

In this 'calling out', remember Oscar Wilde's advice, 'never apologise and never explain'. Sure your ramming out content like there's no tomorrow and sure standards have been slipping with dodgy reviews and shambolic on camera tests but you've identified these as problems and have been working to correct them which is why there's a new, completely separate testing lab with it's own dedicated staff outside  mainstream content creation whose sole purpose is accurate careful testing and analysis.                                                                                                                                  

Sure some  staff may have felt aggrieved and moved on but many people work at LMG and are content,happy and fulfilled are not having nervous breakdowns cutting their limbs open or having angst ridden reveals on X. Many of these employees are women apparently and this includes the Head of HR ,who is my wife and a women also.

Lesson 6

Don't employ women if, your majority workforce is male and not expect a constant background of complaints and 'issues'.

If you MUST employ women, isolate them in a women's section where they are PHYSICALLY SEPARATED from the men.

These are traditionally called 'the typing pool' and 'the offices', 'accounts' or 'reception'. When interacting with a woman,as a male, try and ensure another woman is present as a chaperone. Fail to do this and you will join Fox News,Weinstein Media, etc etc. As you now know.

Funny to see people here mad bcs of no videos for a week. If they are going to do what they announced publicly, this is going to be 100% worth it for the viewers, the tech community, and most importantly, for the employees of LMG.

The Madison stuff is ofc problematic, some employees liked her tweets, Colin said she didnt make it up. I assume it was a real problem and there must be a few employees who need serious training. I doubt anyone will actually face any real consequences though

How many times has there not been a WAN show?

This would have been a perfect forum to discuss these events and bought LTT viewers up to date.

They will have to resume WAN show at some point and putting it off will only make things worse.

On 8/17/2023 at 8:51 PM, DingBat92 said:

With so many mistakes in videos on top of so many other things mentioned, I don't know how or what it'll take for people to 'trust me bro' after all this. When the 'apology' video had sex jokes in it 🤷‍♂️

The little chuckles to themselves whilst trying to be serious leave a bad taste for me.

So we've made mistakes (tee- hee only joking about sponsors, ps buy a screwdriver tee-hee only joking again).

I get the whole "we're just trying to be ourselves" bit...but you've made what is it...6000+ videos? Just one...one video that needed to be serious and you blew it.

Oh and "Nick wanted to do the joke about LTTstore as it was a good way to break the tension"...then make the jokes to yourselves, don't leave it in the video. You just look like money grabbing narcissists with a "what? who me?" attitude.

Very disappointed in the whole team.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

2 hours ago, he10393 said:

Sure some  staff may have felt aggrieved and moved on but many people work at LMG and are content,happy and fulfilled are not having nervous breakdowns cutting their limbs open or having angst ridden reveals on X. Many of these employees are women apparently and this includes the Head of HR ,who is my wife and a women also.

Lesson 6

Don't employ women if, your majority workforce is male and not expect a constant background of complaints and 'issues'.

If you MUST employ women, isolate them in a women's section where they are PHYSICALLY SEPARATED from the men.

These are traditionally called 'the typing pool' and 'the offices', 'accounts' or 'reception'. When interacting with a woman,as a male, try and ensure another woman is present as a chaperone. Fail to do this and you will join Fox News,Weinstein Media, etc etc. As you now know.

...what?

I think you went off the rails a bit there dude

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

@he10393

Apology had to be scripted . Each department had its own flaws to address . They took notes wrote an apology and read it out on a teleprompter . You dont want several department heads apologizing for each other and owning each others mistakes creating a and apology that just confuses people . 

You point on segregating staff would create an even more toxic environment . I think the whole premiss of the company been a fun friendly inclusive place style attitude was wrong from day one . That too much a school playground attitude to have around grown men and women . It allows people to do what they want and not really be checked for it with any serious consequence .  IF you listen to the recording of the meeting you will see the attitude taken was de escalate first rather than report . No mention of creating a way of a situation other than reporting it . I know that its standard fair waht linus was saying . That said it was too benein and there was no mention of how seriously those claims would be taken .   

What should have happened was maddison abuse claim was taken more seriously in the first place . Her and her abusers should have been given a day or two paid leave to investigate the claims  .  While they were on leave the rest of the staff should have been questioned individually  . The severity of the findings of abuse should have been more than a stern talking too by middle management . Depending on the severity of the claims . it should have been a verbal warning with unpaid suspension at a minimum upto immediate termination in a worst case followed by a police report . 

1 hour ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Oh and "Nick wanted to do the joke about LTTstore as it was a good way to break the tension"...then make the jokes to yourselves, don't leave it in the video

Do we have to like the LTT IN JOKES they made ? no . Could they have left it out ? Yes  

We do however have to give some respect for the fact the apology was made and they took ownership of their mistakes and the issues that caused the whole controversy in the first place . YOu also have to respect that LMG are sticking to what they said they would do in the video . Halt production and change things so the teams are under less pressure from the workload . 

So instead of repeating what 100's have done already . can we move on from the apology . Give LMG the benefit of the doubt for now and save judgement if they dont keep to their word . 

3 hours ago, he10393 said:

Lesson 1

Making negative comments about another You Tuber is not an issue of any importance and never should be be.

Making negative comments about another you Tuber ON CAMERA, during a guided tour of your facilities filmed by some random is definitely an issue.

Therefore,No filming,No cameras during guided tours,ever!

Lesson 2

When testing products you must always check and double check test results and recheck them again in edit. Expect someone to challenge your results regardless.

When showing said results,take time to explain for each page both to show your conclusions and to let the viewer see them,don't flash up page after page from this game or that game containing complex results forcing viewers to pause content to properly examine your data.

Lesson 3

If you agree to test a product,then do so with the same care and to the same standards as all other products. If it's clearly no good or really just a half baked prototype don't test it and say so by way of explanation.

Lesson 4

If you are 'called out' because you stuff up, don't apologise on camera reading from a teleprompter. People will think your shallow and insincere and won't know whether it's your apology or some copywriter, or Chat GPT.

Lesson 5

In this 'calling out', remember Oscar Wilde's advice, 'never apologise and never explain'. Sure your ramming out content like there's no tomorrow and sure standards have been slipping with dodgy reviews and shambolic on camera tests but you've identified these as problems and have been working to correct them which is why there's a new, completely separate testing lab with it's own dedicated staff outside  mainstream content creation whose sole purpose is accurate careful testing and analysis.                                                                                                                                  

Lesson 6

Dude, these are the most shity ''lessons'' I've ever read. Rancid and outdated all of them.

I hope Linus and his team could and will do better soon. 

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

4 hours ago, JuntaPiezas said:

No. Tone deaf jokes in an company "apology" shows that something is not well done as a company. Problems should be first resolved and not just "get over" them. You must stand so the issues that bother you are resolved. Specially if they are this serious. I was telling you waht the realiuty is about moral standards beacuse you were blatantly wrong. That's a fact you need to learn before having an opinion about it.

There you are with that's a fact again, knowing that you said that I know I'd find the exact same conclusion in peer reviewed research papers.

Call it what you want, bottom line is you are PERSONALLY offended by them making jokes in this video. It's so backwards to me how people are criticizing Linus for being emotional, meanwhile they're getting mad at him because their fEeLinGs are hurt. I mean that's what most of this is. A company doesn't have a responsibility to be morally parallel with your beliefs. I don't even know what your response means to be honest. It doesn't make sense. You claim a correlation between what you believe to be "Tone-deaf" jokes and "not being well done as a company" but what does that even mean? How do jokes have any bearing on what their internal processes are like? Even if they did, what does "not being well done as a company" look like? 

"You must stand so the issues that bother you are resolved" In plain English, you believe it's LMG's responsibility that you're not offended, at all times. That's ridiculous, for many reasons, but the main one is that they are a business. This is not how businesses work. You can't make everybody happy, and I think you're one of their viewers, who could not be made happy. You claim that your moral perception of them is their moral responsibility to fix as if you're in some sort of long term commited relationship with them. No. You're free to not buy their products, that's up to you. However, when you cannot demonstrate how their viewers are harmed in any way by a joke they made (being offended doesn't count) that sounds like it's YOUR issue to deal with. Ultimately if you're offended, it's 100% your problem. The second last line, I'm not gonna say much other than to say that moral standards are completely subjective and therefore it's only possible to disagree, not to be wrong.

Trigkey S5 Mini PC with Ryzen 7 5800H, 32GB RAM @ 3200Mhz, and Crucial P3 NVME SSD. Peripherals: Monitor - LG 24MP56 Keyboard - Razer Ornata V3 Mouse - SteelSeries Aerox 3(2022)

55 minutes ago, cornholio509 said:

So instead of repeating what 100's have done already . can we move on from the apology . Give LMG the benefit of the doubt for now and save judgement if they dont keep to their word . 

This thread is literally about the apology video. Don't like people talking about it? Don't read it.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, cornholio509 said:

We do however have to give some respect for the fact the apology was made and they took ownership of their mistakes and the issues that caused the whole controversy in the first place . YOu also have to respect that LMG are sticking to what they said they would do in the video . Halt production and change things so the teams are under less pressure from the workload . 

Respect Sopranos GIF - Respect Sopranos Tony Soprano GIFs

You know this has become a major issue when even the cbc, who historically does not give a shit about Canadian tech let alone tech in general, has an article on you and the shitstorm occurring.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

Having sat and thought with some distance from the whole situation, my belief now is that the best thing for LMG to do now is actually to downsize.

With labs, floatplane and a few other projects now LMG have tried to increase their quality and productions. As a side effect they have increased the cost, workloads and exceeded their mangerial abilities...and that's assuming only a fraction of what we as outsiders are hearing about the different issues now brought to light.

From this external view however, there are several analogues to what LMG is trying to do that have never gone quite as far. Thinking of other Youtubers such as Tom Scott, Wendover/HAI, and Viva La Dirt League they all sit somewhere around the 3-5 million subscriber numbers. Tom Scott and Wendover in particular have spread their wings and developed side projects that have been persued pretty successfully (again from an outside perspective). The common thread though is that both would appear to have been happy not to grow their viewership beyond a particular point. They haven't courted the same parasocial relationships that LMG have with stuff like the WAN show. Even Viva La Dirt League who recently had a massively successful crowdfunding effort have managed to keep a reasonable level of detatchment from their audience in providing 'insider' perks for their backers. In short they've operated far more like traditional media by providing behind the scenes content or early access to videos. 

LMG meanwhile has continued to operate more like a much smaller Youtuber who is so reliant on their image and 'connection' with their audience that they believe they have a community not a viewership. Put simply the organisation is now far too big to foster and develop a 'community'. I can't speak to what floatplane is like any longer as I dropped it for what I perceived to be a low quality effort. That said it is possible with only around 30,000 subscribers they could maintain a reasonable 'community' but there is still a question about how healthy that is.

Returning to Tom Scott as a particular example, his productions are the bar by which I measure corrections, apologies, referencing and high quality production. Yet the impression given is that he utilises a relatively small team (in comparison with LMG). This thought lead me to Linus' comments about Nebula in a WAN show some time ago. He entirely misunderstood both what Nebula was and how it operated...and was clearly unaware of Standard, the company behind it. Now there's nothing wrong with that...but there was an impression I was left with that Linus (and thus by extension LMG) weren't interested in what others were doing outside of the tech space. Which does open a question of whether the leadership of LMG have ever considered that there are lessons to learn from non-tech Youtubers and even traditional broadcast media that have gone ignored. In fact I conclude that it must be so, although entirely understand anyone who might conclude otherwise. Maybe tech is it's own thing and must be treated differently, but it is worth speculating on.

Talking then about error correction Tom Scott has made many, many videos, and compiled an ongoing list of errors and mistakes that all detail when something has gone wrong. At the very least he gives the impression of transparency and has done for quite some time. Moreover, every year (usually January) he takes a break from presenting videos to hand the spotlight to others...in my opinion a very savvy way of taking a holiday, signal boosting others, and looking charitable. Wins all around! Scott is also it would appear quite aware of the unhealthy nature of parasocial relationships, one-hit wonders, and churning out low quality videos just for content...there are many videos out there in which he has spoken about this. For all of this though, I couldn't tell you anything about the person behind the persona. That is to my mind an impressive achievement in the modern world. 

Now clearly, LMG has grown far larger than any of the examples I've given but this is exactly my concern. Looking at Sam Deby from Wendover/HAI/Nebula, he is part of the effort behind developing Nebula. He too has created infotainment more along the entertainment lines like LMG than the info lines like Tom Scott. Yet Wendover and Tom Scott have similar levels of subscribers across all their various project channels. LMG on the other hand have more than 4x that number. The difference of course is that both Wendover and Tom Scott have similar levels of viewers on recent videos than LTT has. They have proportionally higher subscriber to view ratios. That's actually a massive piece of the puzzle. In the last twelve videos Tom Scott garnered approx 23 Million views for a Youtuber with just 6 Million subscribers. LTT however garnered approx 21 Million for over 15 Million subscribers. As a result the analogs are closer than one might at first think.

Again, this is an outsider's perspective. I'm not privy to anything special and am witnessing this as a case study from the outside. I do bring with me my experience working as a consultant for SMEs and my knowledge having run both a tiny company and as a sole-trader. In addition I bring a bias as a former trade union activist having seen how massive and even international organisations run (both well and poorly). From that persepctive then I believe there are two viable routes for LMG as a business to take:

1. Downsize - This would be incredibly painful I imagine. I've had to fire people due to lack of funding and it sucks. However, downsizing and scaling back the 'vision' for the organisation would allow a refocus on sharing one person's passion - even several people's passions for tech. I imagine however financially this would be devastating to a lot of people.
2. Go Corporate - This I think is the more likely if LMG is to survive. It would mean severing the parasocial fostering that the organisation does and realising that they have an audience, not a community. It would also mean developing distance from the organisation and allowing the 'vision' to belong to the organisation and not just one person. I also think it's the one thing that the audience will like the least. However such a process would allow the organisation to break out of the small business minded perspective and learn lessons from analoguos production houses across other sectors. It would also allow lessons to be learnt from traditional broadcasters.

Neither options I fear is going to be particularly fun for anyone. Honestly though, I don't know if - short of a ground up restructuring - there is anything that LMG can do to win back trust. LTT alone garners more viewers per video that most episodes of internationally broadcast TV do. Let that sink in for a moment - more people watch LTT than watch some massive broadcast TV shows! So either LMG needs to emulate its (smaller in subscriber count) collegues from other sectors, or take a leaf from broadcast TV and pattern their business along that type of model. I could have added in MKBHD here, who has a much better sub-view ratio than LTT, but my feeling is that MKBHD is much closer to the 'one person's opinion' type of Youtuber (even if he has a big team behind him) than he is to a data-driven attempt at objectivity. While informative MKBHD strikes me personally as having reverted to just a subjective review that is personality lead rather than data-driven.

Of course as I've said this is one outside perspective and I could well be missing details. 

I used to work as a tech and consultant, now I've become an odd person who plays dress-up and calls themselves a theatre maker.

My Rig: Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450 Pro4 | Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB 3200Mhz | Asus TUF GeForce 1660 Super OC | Corsair Carbide 175r | XPG Core Reactor 750W
Keyboard Corsair K55 | Mouse Corsair Harpoon | Sound AKG 52 Headphones,

7 minutes ago, MartinTheActor said:

Having sat and thought with some distance from the whole situation, my belief now is that the best thing for LMG to do now is actually to downsize.

With labs, floatplane and a few other projects now LMG have tried to increase their quality and productions. As a side effect they have increased the cost, workloads and exceeded their mangerial abilities...and that's assuming only a fraction of what we as outsiders are hearing about the different issues now brought to light.

not so much downsize, but split up... smaller entities

1. YT channels (Terren)
2. Floatplane (Luke)
3. LABS (? just not the person in video dissing other channels)

That way LABS can take in outside customers and validate stuff as they talked about and LTT can get their "results" from LABS (done properly eventually) and use their own graphics etc. and post in their videos... they just need to "request" the tests they want for a video and get it delivered etc.

Floatplane deserves to be on it's own, yes it isn't huge, but maybe it is time to scale it up to more than the 21 creators on there... there should be hundreds in there... and to be honest it should be 1 fee for all of them per month and then just split among them depending on who/how much you watch em instead of having to pay 21 times to watch all of them. I am sure that would bring more viewers in too. Have 1 fee for 1080p and one for 4k... maybe even one for just audio/pictures/texts (podcasts) each higher level of course gets access to the lower one too, so "podcast -> 1080p -> 4k"

The YT channels are already a huge unit, but they need more time/QC so more time per video which the employees wanted makes sense.

That would give 3 meaningful entities that could operate on their own

9 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

Floatplane deserves to be on it's own, yes it isn't huge, but maybe it is time to scale it up to more than the 21 creators on there... there should be hundreds in there... and to be honest it should be 1 fee for all of them per month and then just split among them depending on who/how much you watch em instead of having to pay 21 times to watch all of them. I am sure that would bring more viewers in too. Have 1 fee for 1080p and one for 4k... maybe even one for just audio/pictures/texts (podcasts) each higher level of course gets access to the lower one too, so "podcast -> 1080p -> 4k"

Given the development time already spent on it I'd actually suggest ditching Floatplane. I can't imagine that it's even washing its own face at this point. The number of users across all those different channels...it doesn't seem likely to be making much in the way of profit. Given that it's an extremely sub-par viewing experience (in my opinion) and the likely cost...it seems like throwing good money after bad, but who really knows expect for the people at LMG/Floatplane? Moreover - the direction you're tilting to, a single subscription model, there are other services that already do that...and do it far, far better than Floatplane could dream of right now.

That said splitting up would be a more corporate model of managing the company. Unfortunately, it won't lift the ethics of it all if the umbrella/parent company still persists. 'Production' buying their results from a sister company 'Labs' if owned by the same umbrella company...then you open the door to conflict of interest criticisms. It's not going to be easy one way or another.

What I hadn't realised until writing my post though was just how poorly LMG makes out in their views to subscriber counts. It makes me wonder did people get carried away with how many subscribers they had instead of looking at the view numbers. It's interesting that in smaller youtubers you often hear that two-thirds of the audience aren't subscribed...as they get bigger it's more like subscribers just dip in and out and rarely watch...

I used to work as a tech and consultant, now I've become an odd person who plays dress-up and calls themselves a theatre maker.

My Rig: Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450 Pro4 | Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB 3200Mhz | Asus TUF GeForce 1660 Super OC | Corsair Carbide 175r | XPG Core Reactor 750W
Keyboard Corsair K55 | Mouse Corsair Harpoon | Sound AKG 52 Headphones,

1 hour ago, PocketNerd said:

You know this has become a major issue when even the cbc, who historically does not give a shit about Canadian tech let alone tech in general, has an article on you and the shitstorm occurring.

I skimmed the article, really like that Tarren said he "categorically denies" that they have a toxic workplace environment. That, my friends, is a man with a backbone.

Trigkey S5 Mini PC with Ryzen 7 5800H, 32GB RAM @ 3200Mhz, and Crucial P3 NVME SSD. Peripherals: Monitor - LG 24MP56 Keyboard - Razer Ornata V3 Mouse - SteelSeries Aerox 3(2022)

One thing I still don't understand regarding the Billet Labs situation

How can Colton respond to an email and mess up the "to:" field??? That part is populated for you! It makes no sense lol

8 minutes ago, greaves1111 said:

One thing I still don't understand regarding the Billet Labs situation

How can Colton respond to an email and mess up the "to:" field??? That part is populated for you! It makes no sense lol

was explained another place... do a "reply to all... move them to cc and he forgot to put in the to: field... "honest mistake" but a rough one in this case... and we can call it "unlucky timing" had it been any other... they would have asked "hey what about..." after some time... and then he "well I sent... and check up and find the mistake" but since "other stuff" was rolling in the background that didn't have time to evolve

22 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

was explained another place... do a "reply to all... move them to cc and he forgot to put in the to: field... "honest mistake" but a rough one in this case... and we can call it "unlucky timing" had it been any other... they would have asked "hey what about..." after some time... and then he "well I sent... and check up and find the mistake" but since "other stuff" was rolling in the background that didn't have time to evolve

ahh ok, glad it was explained somewhere at least, although I still don't get it. If you move them down to CC, they would still get the response? Oh well, no need for further explanation. That one is just odd to me. Why would you want to move someone who wrote you an email to CC? Seems overly complicating something that is supposed to be easy

13 minutes ago, greaves1111 said:

ahh ok, glad it was explained somewhere at least, although I still don't get it. If you move them down to CC, they would still get the response? Oh well, no need for further explanation. That one is just odd to me. Why would you want to move someone who wrote you an email to CC? Seems overly complicating something that is supposed to be easy

I'd guess it was an "internal" mail without them on and then the to: was blank so they were never on the mail but oh well

Dear Linus Media Group people!

Given what happened, I hope engineers from the lab, David, Linus and Yvonne, are coping somehow. If you need any help, let me know.

I cannot imagine the emotional hell that you at LMWG are going through right now.

At first, I was shocked when Gamer Nexus and some ex-employees expressed various concerns about the state of the LMG, and then I started to watch different clips, analyse it and then I got to the following conclusion.

For me, you are the channel that is a way to relax and enjoy seeing people doing fantastic stuff; that inspires me to follow a dream. I am a painfully average software developer trying to do a little things to follow my dreams.

I think Linus was aware of the cracks in the company and that's a reason why he selected a replacement for a CEO. While due to random circumstances, it was too late, creating a snowball effect, and internet citizens took off in spreading LMG apocalypse. 

I was thinking how much I should write about my analyses and conlcusion, I saw many advices, so I compressed to following points:

I think Steve is as best friend of LMG. He triggers something that will allow LMG revolution to fix a lot things in one go rather than the slow pace of changes.

I think it will shake up the workflow by re-introducing Quality Control person,  but it is needed on the Lab side and another one on the production side. Why Lab need extra person for QC, because this is a complex and long process that will take time to mature, so you need extra pair of eyes on result.

It would help if you slowed down. Having fewer LTT videos per week is OK. I know talented people need deadlines but not EA/Blizzard/Project Red deadlines. They need to have enough time to do a good enough job (not perfect). I am sure you are aware of that, and you will make changes.

Another piece of advice is  Linus and Yvone must have one week of holidays every quarter without access to a phone and internet. YOU NEED REST SOMETIMES! Your tiredness is a reason why these things happen. Linus and Yvonne are good-hearted people working hard to make LMG an excellent channel that is a force for good in the internet universe.

One more time,  I believe in you; you have awful hurricane and earthquakes ahead of you but you will manage go through ...
Good luck!

Dominik 

The New York MTA.

in the 1980s, the NYC public transit network was in a state of disrepair. Crime was rampant, quality was atrocious, and people were actively seeking alternatives to riding the subway. By the end of the decade, most, but not all, issues were fixed, but some of  the people still sh*t on the transit system.

Linus is going through the same era the NYMTA went through. Quality decreased in the ‘70s; by the ‘90s, most issues were fixed. I’m sure similar things will happen with LTT, with the changes and recovery taking months.

i know LMG is a tech company and the MTA is a transit company, but the issues that both experienced/are experiencing are under the same umbrellas. Hopeful for Linus as I love the NY subway. 👍

edit: sources: https://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/The_New_York_Transit_Authority_in_the_1980s

30 minutes ago, smirb said:

The New York MTA.

in the 1980s, the NYC public transit network was in a state of disrepair. Crime was rampant, quality was atrocious, and people were actively seeking alternatives to riding the subway. By the end of the decade, most, but not all, issues were fixed, but some of  the people still sh*t on the transit system.

Linus is going through the same era the NYMTA went through. Quality decreased in the ‘70s; by the ‘90s, most issues were fixed. I’m sure similar things will happen with LTT, with the changes and recovery taking months.

i know LMG is a tech company and the MTA is a transit company, but the issues that both experienced/are experiencing are under the same umbrellas. Hopeful for Linus as I love the NY subway. 👍

i heard the subway is pretty sketch these days

3 minutes ago, motomat86 said:

i heard the subway is pretty sketch these days

The subway’s nostalgic. Also I said not all problems were resolved