What do we do now?

LinusTech
8 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

They wouldn't, it was way too early for them to even do anything and the video was already scheduled then people would get triggered at them for staying slient (not doing an apology video) and its also between her and LMG (as it would probably be a legal issue)

"They wouldn't" - idk man the fact that they (read: Linus) has a tendency to knee jerk react to things that merit time and care is kinda the point 😅

They definitely shouldn't say anything more for now, though. Get all the ducks in a row, and reply when you have irrefutable evidence and a prepared statement which lets the community know either "you were in the right" or "you were in the wrong, you're sorry, and are fixing it". Then make more tech videos. 

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

2 minutes ago, ffffrozen said:

Monetized video, LTTStore plugs and jokes...WTF??? It just screams 'sorry we got caught'.

people aren't greatful for any apology 

2 minutes ago, Woddell said:

GN/Billet also failed to mention that the cooler was originally given to LMG until they botched the review. Instead, GN went with the narrative that Billet's production was halted and it was all LMG's fault. 

This is a point that so many are missing. Obviously we don't have all the emails or contract (if there was one) but Billet Labs said they could keep it. If someone told me I could keep something, does that not make it mine? Did LTT not have ownership of the prototype at that point? And again, we don't have all the emails so we can't know for sure the full agreement between Billet Labs and LTT but this is getting overblown by so many. Not saying that LTT didn't make mistakes. Mistakes were made and communication wasn't good

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

14 minutes ago, kurangak said:

and why did he need to apologize to steve? it should be the other way around. this whole shitstorm wont happen if steve actually PICK UP A GOD DAMN PHONE AND ASK LINUS about their side of the story

He didn't have to pick up a phone and contact Linus for their side of the story, their story was already very public on WAN and other videos. 😕

Slade Watkins • he/him/they/them

56 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

you gonna cry they uploaded it to floatplane as wel? so basically made money from that

It's not a cry - I'm just amazed how poor their crisis containment is. I have no emotional attachment to this issue - my views are purely analytical

Just now, Toxic Tuxxie said:

We are not grateful for a Corporate Bullshit video, no. And the Madison situation remains unadressed.

yes because it cropped up when the video was already finished editing, scheduled etc.

they were probably asleep when she spewed it out.

Also what is there to talk about? its between Madison and LMG

Yvonnes part was actually moving, i feel for her

5 minutes ago, kurangak said:

yea... about that

image.thumb.png.aed4a3fbc53583cebac96916724f214d.png

How is that different from what I said? Let's compare:

1. Yeah the cooler was given to them for the review, and they expected LTT to either keep it to use properly later (shown by the emails in LTT's video) or give it back

2. We originally said you could keep it because we thought it would be good for you to have it for future builds... Then when Linus clearly didn't like it, we asked for it back

Just now, Kravatie1 said:

yes because it cropped up when the video was already finished editing, scheduled etc.

they were probably asleep when she spewed it out.

Also what is there to talk about? its between Madison and LMG

It is not just between Madison and LMG. 

It is between people who have been supporting LMG for years, while behind the scenes the company has been mistreating their employees.

21 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

When you make something like this you put on the suit, comb the hair and ACT professional... no fabbing around making funnies etc. this is dead serious for their million dollar business...

And then everyone accuses you of being a sell-outs or insincere. There is no win here. All LMG can do is weather the storm, and rebuild after it passes.

I'll eat my hat if the community simply responds, "Apology accepted."

Member 4250

7 minutes ago, Woddell said:

I realise everyone can make mistakes. Including Steve/GN. That's the part you're missing. 

Steve and GN have made plenty of mistakes, but this situation isn't one of them. You're just being a fanboy, which is sad. Maybe when you grow up you'll look back on this and realize what happened.

Just now, Toxic Tuxxie said:

It is not just between Madison and LMG. 

It is between people who have been supporting LMG for years, while behind the scenes the company has been mistreating their employees.

we don't directly work for them so it doesn't really affect us.

we just watch content

4 minutes ago, kurangak said:

yea... about that

image.thumb.png.aed4a3fbc53583cebac96916724f214d.png

To me this reads like they being okay with LTT keeping it if they were to consider using it in future videos, which would mean more exposure. So in this scenario they would see the cost of losing the cooler as a marketing expense.

Since this wasn't the case, they wanted it back. To which LMG agreed (honestly this should be the only relevant thing) and then they messed that one up.

Plus I think the video they produced with the wrong GPU is actually the worse part in this whole story. Now people still don't know how it performs (and yes, it does actually matter if it runs 20°C cooler or not). I actually saw this cooler before the video in one of the Small-Form-Factor forums and was pretty interested in the concept. This product (if it performs well) absolutely does have a place in the right enthusiast crowd.

1 minute ago, egegl said:

fucking advertising your retro-themed screwdriver in the middle of the video... Setting new boundaries for impudence aren't we?

Yeah this little part in this video I didn't like either. This should be pure video and no adverts in it. Better something than nothing, I actually think this response was good, but they should hold up with those adverts even if they seem very small and harmless. 

I personally didn't mind the jokes in the apology. They were light hearted and part of their ID. What matters is what they claim in the apology will actually materialize and reflect. You can say anything you want, but actions is what matters. So, we'll see what time will bring and if their claims were true.

8 minutes ago, jaymansley said:

If you actually read my previous responses, or if you actually have a reading comprehension at all, all I want for LMG is for them to treat their employees and sponsors better moving forward. And that does not nullify my criticism towards the apology video, in which I still have problems with it such as the inappropriate jokes while also not addressing the Madison situation.

I've read all the comments you've made since joining this forum. And the only thing I'd like to ask you is: "If you don't agree with anything they do, if you don't believe anything they say and if you don't accept any apologies, why the hell are you still here?"

screencapture-linustechtips-profile-1107392-jaymansley-2023-08-16-13_51_48.jpg

Just now, Kravatie1 said:

we don't directly work for them so it doesn't really affect us.

we just watch content

We support them. With time, purchasing Merch and making decisions based off of their videos. 

So yeah, it does affect us. 

And ANY COMPANY, be it LTT or whoever, that has these kind of allegations thrown at them, have to address them. 

5 minutes ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

We are not grateful for a Corporate Bullshit video, no. And the Madison situation remains unadressed.

Wtf do you mean? Everyone was asking for a corporate apology video and now people are saying it's too corporate?? You're never satisfied.

18 minutes ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

How could they when the video was only just released, also, I would hope that the Madison issue is addressed in a different manner. 

The issue should have been resolved a long time ago in private but now it's been made public LMG needs to take its time when addressing this as you can see what happens when they rush things (e.g. Linus's original post regarding the GN controversy). 

Things take time to fix and address properly and proper investigations need to take place to ensure that anyone who is guilty of sexual assault is investigated by the proper legal entities (Which ongoing investigations should NEVER be publicly discussed until a resolution has been found with consent of the victim). With other HR issues being resolved by having someone dedicated to the role. As much as Colton may be a good guy he can't continue juggling 18 different jobs.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

21 minutes ago, kurangak said:

and why did he need to apologize to steve? it should be the other way around. this whole shitstorm wont happen if steve actually PICK UP A GOD DAMN PHONE AND ASK LINUS about their side of the story

Imagine not understanding at all but commenting anyway. HE DIDN'T HAVE TO CALL LINUS, THERE WAS NO REASON TO.