What do we do now?

LinusTech
1 minute ago, dogwitch said:

it was a poor design. it was even more of a fire hazard from pci sig. before nvidia said... not where going to improve it.  the white paper on the matter. was.... like how the hell did this get out of certification phase.

Again, only a poor design if you don't know how to plug in a cable, in which case you probably need supervision 24/7 and need help putting your own clothes on too

2 minutes ago, schtormm said:

keep in mind that the video was recorded prior to that coming out

It's still reinforces Madison's experience to some degree that they thought it would be ok to make that joke in an "apology" video.

Just now, DJ3thenew23 said:

Again, only a poor design if you don't know how to plug in a cable, in which case you probably need supervision 24/7 and need help putting your own clothes on too

i dont think you understand electrical engineer and design...

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

10 minutes ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

We are not grateful for a Corporate Bullshit video, no. And the Madison situation remains unadressed.

Quit the outrage. The most you will see is this is an internal matter. They are super limited to what they can publicly state including IIRC, the firing of an employee. If you're expecting some big long drawn-out post or video about it, you clearly know very little about how these things work. It's one thing to publicly fuck up and talk about the last few days, but an ex-employee making serious accusations that are (i think?) from 2+ years ago is for them to figure out, not for you to have some COPS episode of Linus getting arrested to fill some void in your life for more drama.

To the point; if you think for even a minute since her post something isn't happening, you are delusional. Accusations such as that are career-ending.

1 minute ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

We are not grateful for a Corporate Bullshit video, no. And the Madison situation remains unadressed.

Obviously they will not address it. If what she said held any merit she should have submitted a complaint to the proper authorities at the same time as she submitted her notice.

Since it appears she didn't do so and instead only left a bad review on some employer review website and now posted these tweets, all the credibility goes out the window and it's a case of "he said, she said". LTT addressing or even acknowledging what she said or apologizing for it could be taken as admitting guilt or knowing about the issue but doing nothing about it, which obviously is incredibly stupid and a PR nightmare that opens you to even more shitstorm, they got plenty of that already.

Having errors in your videos or messing up a deal with sponsor or hardware prototype you were entrusted with are one thing. They are mistakes, but not illegal/criminal actions. Enabling or even contributing to harassment at a workplace can be, so it's the right move for them to shut up about it and let proper channels like the Canadian commission or law enforcement decide if they are guilty or not, and not fuel the Internet vigilante mob.

Sometimes it's smart to shut up if someone is accusing you of something you didn't do instead of trying to defend yourself, something you learn very fast when interacting with police in some parts of the world for example.

32 minutes ago, Duranu said:

Probably not, but when you (Linus) were bitching about 500 dollars being too much of a cost to do the review properly, potentially losing 25k dollars minimum over it and the whole situation has to be at least some what of a gut puncher, spend 500 dollars or lose 25k dollars, seems like that should be an easy choice in hindsight since he obviously wouldn't have pictured the sub drop off happening lol

That is a good point,  Linus complained about spending money to retest the cooler, but he spends lots of money on other things although sponsorships are usually involved on those videos.  The whole situation could've been easily avoided by doing a correct review, or sending back the cooler when they were asked to.

Edited by Blademaster91

3 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

i dont think you understand electrical engineer and design...

I don't think you understand life...

9 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

they

didnt

know

at

the

time

dunno how many times i've said that 😂

Jfc. The video was published hours AFTER Madison's thread. Should've outright been cancelled and re-shot, addressing the absolute nightmares in that thread.

the part that annoys me is no mention of gamersnexus and no attempt at thanking them for holding LTT accountable. that's a bridge that needs mending. it could be happening behind the scenes, but like. yeah.

the fact that linus won't be doing crisis response by himself anymore is a good call

6 minutes ago, Kravatie1 said:

yes

i identify as a cat now

meow meow 🤡

And yes they will address it, we dont need to know about full details

And until they DO address it, then I retain the right to be pissed off that they have not addressed it.

Good?

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

It wasn't user error, a connector needs to be designed to eliminate any risk of not plugging it in all the way, also it isn't user error since PCI-SIG have changed the design of the connector pins, and Nvida has quietly changed to the updated connectors without recalling affected cards.

Trying to say Steve isn't credible because of his stance on the 12vhpwr connector is wrong IMO.

That is a good point,  Linus complained about spending money to retest the cooler, but he spends lots of money on other things although sponsorships are usually involved on those videos.  The whole situation could've been easily avoided by doing a correct review, or sending back the cooler when they were asked to.

never said that.

its simple not ok to walk away from a claim that was proven false. After the fact.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Just now, egegl said:

Jfc. The video was published hours AFTER Madison's thread. Should've outright been cancelled and re-shot, addressing the absolute nightmares in that thread.

more likely they scheduled it so they had to get a video out to deal with the current on-going shitshow.

Also would take time to make a video about the madison thing

Joke of sponsor placement.
Sale on floatplane.
Mention of LTT Store.
Mention of how we like "Useless products."
Product placement.
Another gaslight of "We're human."

That's just the first half of the video.

Doesn't sound like you're serious.
Maybe you are in an echo chamber where you know how you and your team behave with extremely expensive equipment like everyone should lick your boots.

Maybe you shouldn't apologize because you're not really sorry.

And until they DO address it, then I retain the right to be pissed off that they have not addressed it.

Good?

what would you do if they sorted it without addressing it?

20 minutes ago, Toxic Tuxxie said:

We support them. With time, purchasing Merch and making decisions based off of their videos. 

So yeah, it does affect us. 

And ANY COMPANY, be it LTT or whoever, that has these kind of allegations thrown at them, have to address them. 

Even if they wanted to address the Madison situation they can't. It is a legal matter. True or not true does not matter, if they talk about it it will be used against them.

Just now, egegl said:

You need to brush up on Canadian labor laws. Discussing the accusations in a video for your entertainment is how you get shutdown. I can't figure out if it's a bunch of underage kids on these forums or people foaming from the mouth for drama. I read her entire thread and it's crazy to see how many people are now dogpiling something LTT literally cannot speak about publicly the way you want them to... by law.

This is where the corporate speak would come in and "this is an internal matter" will likely be the extent of it.

1 minute ago, Kravatie1 said:

what would you do if they sorted it without addressing it?

Ah yes, the classic "Whatifsm".

Alright then:

I would still need there to be some kind of public apology. Simple. 

Reeducation, for instance.

External investigation.

Whatever it might be.

3 minutes ago, egegl said:

I think you might need a reality check.

Just because this issue is at the centre of your world its may not be at the centre of others. It was published in the early hours.

People have families, people have to eat, people have to film videos, people need to have meetings, people need to have meetings about meetings, people need to edit videos.

Given the sensitivity and the large mob waiting for a response video, you can see why this would have been the focus, not exactly an ex employee for a grind to axe (whether that be true or false accusation).

1 minute ago, notfpo said:

Joke of sponsor placement.
Sale on floatplane.
Mention of LTT Store.
Mention of how we like "Useless products."
Product placement.
Another gaslight of "We're human."

That's just the first half of the video.

Doesn't sound like you're serious.
Maybe you are in an echo chamber where you know how you and your team behave with extremely expensive equipment like everyone should lick your boots.

Maybe you shouldn't apologize because you're not really sorry.

They're most likely counting on the fact that everything will be forgotten in a week and keeping a light-hearted tone in the hopes that it will make people think shits under control.

23 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

i mean steve still claims 12hwp connector is a user error... which has shown it was not. he pretty much walk away from that issue. that am ware of atm

Yeah a connector needs to be designed to eliminate any risk of not plugging it in all the way,  IIRC he said it needs to be plugged in all the way, and that the design needs to be improved.

Steve also talked about cable mod and how they were doing a better job at resolving the situation than Nvidia, Nvidia didn't want to take any blame they just blamed PCI-SIG for the connector even though Nvidia chose to use a new connector. I don't get how PCI-SIG thought it was a good design, and there is a revision to the design with shorter pins, which Nvidia has been using without recalling any cards using the previous 12VHPR connector.

Edited by Blademaster91

2 minutes ago, SuperGnu said:

Even if they wanted to address the Madison situation they can't. It is a legal matter. True or not true does not matter, if they talk about it it will be used against them.

Mentioning: "We are investigating the matter and will be hiring support to ensure that everyone is re-trained and that our culture is carefully managed going forward". 

I mean, I guess I appreciate the effort they’re going to? This whole thing seems like a waste of time. LMG could just make some minor improvements and move on. Why is everyone making such a big deal over the internet rambling of Linus, it’s not like we didn’t already know he was a hot head. It’s what attracted us all to him in the first place. There’s no story here, LMG’s strategy was/is successful and I hope they don’t change too much. They’ve been a potent ally in the fight against much larger and less scrupulous tech companies (nvidia et al.).

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah a connector needs to be designed to eliminate any risk of not plugging it in all the way,  IIRC he said it needs to be plugged in all the way, and that the design needs to be improved.

Steve also talked about cable mod and how they were doing a better job at resolving the situation than Nvidia, Nvidia didn't want to take any blame they just blamed PCI-SIG for the connector even though Nvidia chose to use a new connector. I don't get how PCI-SIG thought it was a good design, and there is a revision to the design with shorter pins, which Nvidia has been using without recalling any cards using the previous 12VHPR connector.

been following the white paper on it. its already on design 3...

i really want to know how the hell it went so far.

i do think nvidia got stuck with already manf parts thru... also my guess pci sig did not take kindly to nvidia pointing out a out right dangerous design

Mentioning: "We are investigating the matter and will be hiring support to ensure that everyone is re-trained and that our culture is carefully managed going forward". 

Mentioning they will investigate to see if there is any truth in it i can agree on, the other parts is not needed. But it is nothing i am gona kick and scream about telling anyone soon anyway, stuff like that takes a lot of time.

I am more annoyed by the jokes and merch plugs in their video. I know they are keeping it LTT approved but there is a time and a place.