What do we do now?

LinusTech
9 minutes ago, loonks said:

Gary holding teleprompter remote in the response video sums that up pretty well...

Yeah but there are some LTT members who are not accustomed to being I'm videos a ton.

Obviously he probably wrote a script.

PC SPECS -: RYZEN 5 5600x, PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB, 32GB DDR4 3733MhzNoctua NH-D15

As well as a Dyslexic left-handed Software Engineering Student!

Why mention left handed you may say, you should see how I hold a pen! 

1 minute ago, Tedster said:

I remember that distinctly, yes. That may have bene lost in communication -- or Billet Labs may have been asleep at the time they might have been asked, and this video came out in such a short timescale. Surely enough of them have seen the GN video, right? The figure is plausible, at least...

At least people will stop saying that the prototype is in the "THOUSANDS AND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!!!"

5 minutes ago, treestain said:

Gamers nexus had a script for his videos, what's your point?

they were supposed to be doing a apology video, especially the Linus dude, it kind of needs to be sincere and honest, not read and carefully planned. Then again we do know how Linus really fells about all this when it was a sincere reply and that ended up with lies and gaslighting so...

comparing that to Steve's video is absurd

8 minutes ago, Woddell said:

Gamer's Nexus also said that Billet Labs needed the product back and not having it affected their future plans. 

So they were happy to let LTT keep it, but they needed it? Which one is it?

It's one thing to have your product / prototype being reused and show up in multiple videos as b-roll footage or even "first class" footage being compared with other coolers , and another thing if it's just collecting dust on shelves or being given away. 

In the first case, the 2000 euro could be seen as investment in the future, as the cooler showing up in videos is promotion for them, free advertising, could make them money in the future.  

Being given away does nothing for them, other than a brief mention at the ltx people.... and I'd be willing to bet the winner of the giveaway never planned to buy a 3090 or water cool a video card, so most likely a few months from now that person will put the cooler on eBay or forget about it. 

It's not cool, and if I were in that team, the smiley face in the email reply would seriously piss me off, not to mention the lack of an apology in that email. 

LTT has the contact information , probably knows who was the winner of that monoblock, did they even bother to call the winner and ask if they would be willing to get something else for the block and return it to LTT? Give the guy a 500$ video card and I'm sure he'd accept returning the block, $500 doesn't seem like such a big expense for that screwup. 

Still not a fan of that "we are human, mistakes will happen" line by the CEO, similar excuse that Linus used in his 'response'. Despite this though, the video pause hopefully will give them time to unwind and HOPEFULLY correct the internal issues. Still curious on the whole Madison thing though and what will come of that.

"One must imagine Linus happy."

This is a good start. It is more than obvious that LMG needs to take the foot off the gas and allow for the necessary time to prvent further mistakes and lapses in judgement like recently.

However, I doubt that taking one week to "fix stuff" is going to be enough. I am sure the team at LMG knows this, but the trust that was lost during the last couple of days is going to be hard to earn back and it certainly will take time.

I also expect them to address the whole Madison situation. Assuming what she said is true (and I have very little reason to doubt that it is), we need not only a clear acknowledgement and dialoge between LMG and Madison, but also it needs to be laid out how things have (hopefully) improved since and how LMG is going to make sure that this can never happen again. And, yes, assuming some of the people who are mentioned in Madisons accusations still work there it may actually be the time to fire someone. Accidentally auctioning off a prototype is one thing, sexual harassment is another, is never excusable and doesn't happen on accident.

Meanwhile in 2024: Ivy Bridge-E has finally retired from gaming (but is still not dead).

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X; 64GB DDR5-6000; Radeon RX 6800XT Reference / Server: Intel Xeon 1680V2; 64GB DDR3-1600 ECC / Laptop:  Dell Precision 5540; Intel Core i7-9850H; NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB; 32GB DDR4

44 minutes ago, joaopt said:

i was not talking about that at all, i think that's more like a police matter now. I was talking about the all LMG trainwreck prior to that if you want. The lying, the bad work ethic.

that is to serious to be taken on a video i would say, i hope he is not that stupid to discuss that on a video, and with his gaslighting and lying history

I really feel bad about Madison, if what she says is true. On the other hand… Timing and the fact that she pulled the “I am afraid because I am a woman” are tripping my sceptic alert. I don’t know there are too many things that have to be addressed at this point and on the production side, the video promises that they will do better. 

As it stands right now, I will do what Linus and Luke have been advising for years and vote with my wallet, Floatplane subscription is gone and I guess I can find other ways to entertain myself for 15-20 minutes a day instead of watching LTT content… Funny, never thought I would have to boycott LTT for reasons resembling Blizzard 

MSI MAG Tomahawk Z790 Wifi, Intel Core™ i7-13700K, 2x16Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 7200Mt/s, Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX3070Samsung 980 PRO 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO plus 2TB , Seasonic SSR 1000FX GOLD, case Corsair 5000D, Corsair H150i Elite, monitor Alienware AW2723DF

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

It's one thing to have your product / prototype being reused and show up in multiple videos as b-roll footage or even "first class" footage being compared with other coolers , and another thing if it's just collecting dust on shelves or being given away. 

In the first case, the 2000 euro could be seen as investment in the future, as the cooler showing up in videos is promotion for them, free advertising, could make them money in the future.  

Being given away does nothing for them, other than a brief mention at the ltx people.... and I'd be willing to bet the winner of the giveaway never planned to buy a 3090 or water cool a video card, so most likely a few months from now that person will put the cooler on eBay or forget about it. 

It's not cool, and if I were in that team, the smiley face in the email reply would seriously piss me off, not to mention the lack of an apology in that email. 

LTT has the contact information , probably knows who was the winner of that monoblock, did they even bother to call the winner and ask if they would be willing to get something else for the block and return it to LTT? Give the guy a 500$ video card and I'm sure he'd accept returning the block, $500 doesn't seem like such a big expense for that screwup. 

Billet labs has confirmed that LMG said they would be able to get the block back if they wanted

Just now, joaopt said:

they were supposed to be doing a apology video, especially the Linus dude, it kind of needs to be sincere and honest, not read and carefully planned. Then again we do know how Linus really fells about all this when it was a sincere reply and that ended up with lies and gaslighting so...

Comparing it to Steve's video isnt absurd... Both wrote their own scripts, with their own points, with their own "genuineness" and their own "honesty."

never overclock your underwear

Just now, xXPCMotherDunker69Xx said:

okay okay, how about you have camers setup around the lab (like 50, covering every angle) and make those public on livestreams, including pc screens via capture cards, who cares about privacy??????

May as well make their CCTV public at that point.

10 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

The video unprivated literally a minute or two ago. You managed to watch the entire 21 minutes in that time? Bravo man.

You didnt read this thread hard enough

4 minutes ago, iAxX said:

"ensuring our staff is well taken care of"

NAHHHHH 💀

with all the Madison stuff coming out now this looks so bad, that 69 joke from Luke too. Fucking hell... 

Yeah "taken care of" like they took care of Madison.

So, They make an apology video talking about how they need to do things better and make improvements with how things are done, and the first thing they do is publicly release the $2000 monetary value of the prototype email uncensored when Billet Labs made it clear they didn't want that info released?

Lmfao, I see we are off to a great start already guys

3 minutes ago, joaopt said:

One can also be sincere and honest while carefully writing a script for a video, or are you saying that any videos out there with written script is not sincere or honest?

16 minutes ago, LinusDigMyOwnGraveTechTips said:

So everyone gets to do the apology tour except the guy who actully caused all the shit and let it happen sounds about right.

Capture.JPG

stop crying

1 minute ago, LinusDigMyOwnGraveTechTips said:

Yeah "taken care of" like they took care of Madison.

Instead of making assumptions like idiots, how about waiting for both sides of the story and the eventual confirmation/denial of the statements from both sides? Imediately assuming malice or making them guilty is just idiotic.

6 minutes ago, iAxX said:

"ensuring our staff is well taken care of"

NAHHHHH 💀

with all the Madison stuff coming out now this looks so bad, that 69 joke from Luke too. Fucking hell... 

Yeah, that was tasteless

CPU: Intel Core i7 6790x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme X99 | Graphics Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance | | PSU: Cooler Master 1200W Platinum | Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 | Cooling: Corsair 360mmm AIO

Just now, xXPCMotherDunker69Xx said:

Personally, I believe this controversy will benefit LTT as a whole in a positive way in the end, LTT isn't going anywhere.

Actions will speaker louder. Linus has time and time again talked the talk but didnt walk the walk.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

16 minutes ago, LinusDigMyOwnGraveTechTips said:

So everyone gets to do the apology tour except the guy who actully caused all the shit and let it happen sounds about right.

Capture.JPG

Did you even see the video? Linus shows up almost at the end. Just stop spamming idiotic stuff.

Just now, Levent said:

Actions will speaker louder. Linus has time and time again talked the talk but didnt walk the walk.

They're walking the walk now. It's not enough but they're starting to do good