Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

14 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

You know that past social media like TikTok's are not static right?  LTT had videos on youtube which are now either private or deleted.  Doesn't mean those videos never existed.  

Also clout?  What clout?  It seems like there is a portion of the LTT fanbase that are a problem. 

Uhm unless the job is that of an exotic dancer or another kind of dancer Twerking isn't part of it. 

Even an exotic dancer can ask the bouncer to throw someone who touches too much out of the club. 

You may be surprised but even those of us who think this should be taken seriously, hope that it is false.  Since it being true would mean horrible things went on there.  That she had to go through so much heck.  

Can we all just drop the idea that there are "bad" people in this community.  There are basically two groups.  Big LMG fans for whom they can do no wrong ever.   Then there are supporters of his who are critical hoping LMG can do better.   

🤣so you think LTT deleted 95% of their old TikTok’s and insta stuff? Lol wut. That makes 0 sense why would you even think that

1 hour ago, Jaja92 said:

🤣so you think LTT deleted 95% of their old TikTok’s and insta stuff? Lol wut. That makes 0 sense why would you even think that

Remember when they got hacked and their YouTube channel showed a lot of old videos that are not visible anymore?

16 hours ago, Cooldoe said:

They have 3rd party hr counsel in 2018 to do an analysts .

They then hire 3rd party HR when the company reach 40 people.

Both sentenced had been declared into a video, with a redacted email as "sort of proof".

That doesn't mean that CVO lied. Currently it's only declaration.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

16 hours ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

Sounds pretty normal for someone new to the work-world in general, yeah.

"Look at me with my years of experience! How dare a young professional just starting out not have all the worldly wise information I do!" -You

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

On 8/28/2023 at 11:02 PM, wreakinghavoc said:

"I was asked to twerk for my coworkers one time", "they asked me how I liked to fudge".

It seems to me that she thought her dream job would be to just show up, record videos with Linus and make a lot of money. Her allegations don't even make sense. Who said those things to her? Was it in a group conversation where people were being funny? Was she forced into it? If you're not comfortable with the subject you just leave, don't play along or else people are going to think you're ok with it. If you're by coworkers to do things like that and even worse by your manager, YOU LEAVE. Who would want to work in a place like that? It seems like she couldn't handle the work and it wasn't what she was expecting. She has blocked everyone that has questioned her in her tweets and isn't taking what she has said to be 100% true. 

I hope LMG does a thorough investigation on the matter and if the things she mentions did happen the ones involved do get punished. But also, she must take full responsiblity and follow through her accusations, saying she wouldn't sue LMG because she doesn't have the money to do it doesn't cut it.  

I can tell you've never actually worked a single day in your life based on what you're throwing out here not to mention you have not talked to any humans.

Why should it be the responsibility of Madison to leave a toxic/sexist environment? Should it not be the responsibility of the management and employees to behave in a professional company? Do you think its okay for LMG to have a culture like this where they ask women to twerk or act unprofessionally because "haha lols funny"?

On 8/28/2023 at 9:56 PM, Jaja92 said:

She is a liar, she isn’t imagining anything she is trying to get some clout to boost her twitch shit because the type of person who thinks posting two Tik toks a week is some crazy workload then cuts themselves to avoid work will not be able to function in the real world. 

We can literally see how she lied about her workload by going through LTTs past social media accounts actively. The fuck was she even doing there

Apparently functioning in the real world means guessing at what someone's job entails, belittling it based on your guess and then acting smug like you've somehow won the conversation?

You so clearly don't know what you're talking about that it seems pointless even trying to explain what a social media management position typically entails. Would be like asking a dog to grasp the concept of Norway.

As someone who knows a lot about lawsuits and my family has been involved in something similar to this, Madison is being extremely unprofessional when it comes to this. I would like to see evidence that this ACTUALLY happend, names included to believe that this is not false. People can talk a lot but I worked in a department where if you come up to such allegations, you have to also submit shitload of evidence to make people believe what you are saying. Also, social media in this case is used to get more people to read it, however, this is harmful to the organization. I still do not believe that her side of the story is true because she has only shoot her shot while using LTT's name which leads me to believe that she wants to get her name noticed because she is not working for LMG anymore. I may be wrong, however, from legal point of view - she should at least get a lawyer and submit all of this to the court. This is NOT FOR SOCIAL MEDIA. If for some reason LMG are wrong, they should know it in private. Even if she is right, she should at least be taking legal actions if needed.

5 minutes ago, PinkNexus said:

I still do not believe that her side of the story is true because she has only shoot her shot while using LTT's name which leads me to believe that she wants to get her name noticed because she is not working for LMG anymore

Except that some of her former co-workers mentioned that her story is consistent since she left LMG (specifically the employee who claims he helped her find a new job).  It means this existed prior to it; and it was also done sort of anonymously through glass door as well initially.

LMG is a social media company, and Linus himself makes statements publicly about how great of a company it is to work; if employees feel differently it should actually be aired out publicly if they left the company due to that...otherwise you can perpetuate the stigma of the workplace.

10 minutes ago, PinkNexus said:

If for some reason LMG are wrong, they should know it in private

That's the thing, with the leaked audio from the HR talk it did seem like they knew at least about some of the rumors going around.  Legal action, especially when involving sexual harassment can be a major problem.  Her statement, if true, would solidify the accusations of being overworked to the point of making mistakes

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

HR is there to help employees with basic help. Like filing tax papers (like a W-4 for those in the US) or payroll issues. HR is there mostly to protect the company. At least in the US. I can't speak for Canadians. But all this back and forth going on about HR, you all don't know anything. Reading these posts, it's like reading stuff from kids and teens that have no adult experience, no real life work experience. HR will side with the company unless there is damning evidence like video with audio (good luck with that).

I honestly don't buy what Madison is trying to sell. She was in over her head and didn't have the mental fortitude to deal with it. Not everyone is cutout to work in the field that is LMG. And that fine. But putting the blame on LMG isn't. She didn't like the immature jokes that people say in the work place. Ok, use your voice and tell the people saying it. Every job, every work place has the same BS. And the thing is, you have to be an adult. It's ok to tell someone that you don't like what they're saying. It's ok to tell someone you don't like how they're talking to you. I've told people I work with, both peers and management, to either not talk to me in a disrespectful way or to not say whatever jokes they were saying around me. I did this in a respectful and adult way and they respected my words and stopped. And you know what? Our working relationship was just fine and sometimes was strengthened. Just be an adult.

As for the sexual harassment, I don't want to dismiss her clams but I honestly believe she is misreading the situation or making something out of nothing. I work with a female coworker who has abused the systems we have in place at my work. She has clamed that people are sexually starring at her because they are facing in her direction. They have to because their work station faces that way. She has clamed sexual harassment because a supervisor confronted her about some legitimate issues about her work performance. She has pulled some BS work place injury to get out of work. She is mentally a mess because she can't handle the job and she doesn't have the mental fortitude to deal with it. Reading the Madison posts, she reminds me of this coworker of mine. 

People just need to be adults in the work place. Use your voice and stop expecting others to hold your hand like mommy and daddy. Honestly parents now a days fail so hard with their kids. A little tough love goes a long way. My 13 year old daughter refuses to order food when we go to a restaurant, she doesn't get food. Stop holding your kids hand through life. Anyway sorry for the rant. All you kids and teens posting here acting like you know best made me rant 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

On 8/28/2023 at 4:53 AM, Donut417 said:

According to the post on Floatplane they hired a 3rd party HR investigator. My guess is they will look in to the incident and see what they can find out, while also looking at HR policies and procedures to see what LMG can improve.  

Oh, what'dya know. Looks like Madisson lied and we're the super duper correct company. I mean, the third party PI (which we pay) tells us so!

6 hours ago, AHPanda said:

Oh, what'dya know. Looks like Madisson lied and we're the super duper correct company. I mean, the third party PI (which we pay) tells us so!

Firstly its likely they won't find anything due to the length of time between when the issues occurred and when it was reported. 

Secondly 3rd party HR firms are not paid to blow smoke up the ass. They are paid to look for HR issues. Because HR issues have a habit of causing lawsuits, government investigations/fines and bad press. These companies come in and give the cold hard truth, so that changes can be made.

The whole point of HR is to reduce liabilities for the company, they do this by making sure they are in compliance with the law and by having and executing HR policies that ensure a safe working environment. Unfortunately sometimes policies are reactive. For example my employer had an incident which changed policies. An employee at one of the other warehouses was involved in an incident where they hurt their foot I guess pretty severely. OSHA came in and found the company lacked a safety training program. So now we do regular safety training and are REQUIRED to wear protective footwear. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Madison case sounds very much like a case of a bad break up to be honest. People don't get along for various reasons. Perhaps it is the culture, perhaps contrasting personality, perhaps just bad interpersonal chemistry. Some people are too overly emotional while another is the exact opposite. That always create conflict.

Calling out whether one side is right or wrong is like calling out whether an ex wife or an ex husband is right or wrong after a bad divorce. Nothing is truly so black and white. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 9/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, Donut417 said:

Secondly 3rd party HR firms are not paid to blow smoke up the ass. They are paid to look for HR issues. Because HR issues have a habit of causing lawsuits, government investigations/fines and bad press. These companies come in and give the cold hard truth, so that changes can be made.

This right here.  HR exists to prevent issues from occurring so that people keep working.  Conduct and document conducting trainings that will protect the company during a lawsuit.   etc. 

I have seen in my own having to file complaints with the state about ... past employers ... HR try to claim that "We have this policy and that policy so it's not possible for discrimination to happen .... we have a policy".   Nevertheless, being put on notice by the state and having a paper trail of complaints along the same lines can add up to that defense not working.  That is an aside though.  

What I am getting at is while having a 3rd party HR company, that employees can access, or a ... 4th party company investigating can certainly just cover for the company that pays them ... there are limits to that.  If things are really egregious that HR company will have to think about it's own interest and reputation.  If things are really REALLY bad somewhere they'd feel compelled to tell the hard truth. 

Like this

On 9/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, Donut417 said:

So now we do regular safety training and are REQUIRED to wear protective footwear. 

On 9/2/2023 at 10:07 AM, wasab said:

Madison case sounds very much like a case of a bad break up to be honest. People don't get along for various reasons. Perhaps it is the culture, perhaps contrasting personality, perhaps just bad interpersonal chemistry. Some people are too overly emotional while another is the exact opposite. That always create conflict.

Uhm... what?  From we see of LMG both in front of the camera and in any behind the scenes info and video this does not hold water.   Everyone there seems to be very emotionally open.  They seem to encourage that.  Like ... especially when they were smaller the strategy for avoiding these issues was to just hire good people who wouldn't be jerks, or abusive.   Kinda a laid back place like this. 

Not just like that but the boss has the same energy.   Where the HR strategy was just to hire good people. When a place gets big interactions between people get complicated even if no one means any harm.   IF anything Madison seems about as emotional, at least in her public persona as anyone else on camera at LMG (the people on Camera are, I believe, the writers much of the time.  The department she worked in.) 

Emotion in a workplace is not bad.  So long as everyone keeps it professional.  Plenty of people manage to be professional about work and also show emotion, have fun at work, etc.   Just have to know where the lines are. 

The things described by Madison if true would not be in that category.  She describes being treated like meat.  Like perhaps a groupie who should be soooo happy to be in Canada working for LMG that putting up with things that they might not ask of others is acceptable.

On 9/2/2023 at 10:07 AM, wasab said:

Calling out whether one side is right or wrong is like calling out whether an ex wife or an ex husband is right or wrong after a divorce. Nothing is truly so black and white. 

Some things are.  Yes yes none of us were there, we don't know every detail.  However, the situation Madison describes doesn't sound like a nascent relationship or one sided romance.  That's understandable and can be a problem in a workplace.  This was not that. 

honestly why should you care anymore its just boring now

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

On 9/6/2023 at 4:19 PM, djksm said:

honestly why should you care anymore its just boring now

A.) Issues like this can destroy otherwise good companies in so many ways.   Everything from devastating legal issues to driving away good workers. 

B.) Human decency. 

I bring this issue back up because YouTube in it's infinite wisdom fed me a video that touches on many of the comments raised here about the environment at LMG. How one of the things that is good, can be good, that they portray in their videos can BACKFIRE HARD. Namely the extracurricular activities. 

This so much.   Your coworkers are not your friends.  Not necessarily and anything to do with anyone you work with needs to be treated with a degree of professionalism and caution. As a company gets bigger the dynamics this person discusses become more relevant.   Harassment need not be sexual and a hostile environment need not come about due to actual malice.  It can't but it does not have to. 

The situations discussed in this video well describe and explain how someone could make an off color off hand remark ... in an environment where 99/100 people are ok with that but 1/100 isn't.   What makes that such a big problem is unlike people you hang with, people depend on their job for food and shelter, and heat.  One cannot as easily leave a job. 

7 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

A.) Issues like this can destroy otherwise good companies in so many ways.   Everything from devastating legal issues to driving away good workers. 

B.) Human decency. 

I bring this issue back up because YouTube in it's infinite wisdom fed me a video that touches on many of the comments raised here about the environment at LMG. How one of the things that is good, can be good, that they portray in their videos can BACKFIRE HARD. Namely the extracurricular activities. 

This so much.   Your coworkers are not your friends.  Not necessarily and anything to do with anyone you work with needs to be treated with a degree of professionalism and caution. As a company gets bigger the dynamics this person discusses become more relevant.   Harassment need not be sexual and a hostile environment need not come about due to actual malice.  It can't but it does not have to. 

The situations discussed in this video well describe and explain how someone could make an off color off hand remark ... in an environment where 99/100 people are ok with that but 1/100 isn't.   What makes that such a big problem is unlike people you hang with, people depend on their job for food and shelter, and heat.  One cannot as easily leave a job. 

if she could get into lmg im sure she could get a better job

• 4 weeks later...

@LinusTech Any updates for us on the investigation?

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

5 hours ago, Rolling2405 said:

@LinusTech Any updates for us on the investigation?

wowo our the first on tho vcomment in a log time

2 hours ago, Erioch said:

We don't.  It's none of our business.

9 hours ago, Kravatie1 said:

why do we need to know?

Because the accusation was public, claims of looking into it, and quite frankly at that stage it is the audiences right to know given that ultimately it could determine whether or not someone chooses to support them.

As an example, if it turned out to be only sort of true where it's happening at lower levels then I don't think people would have as much of a moral issue supporting LMG...now if all the allegations are shown to have happened by the 3rd party; then I think there would be a lot of people who would never want to touch LMG as a whole ever again.

11 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Because the accusation was public, claims of looking into it, and quite frankly at that stage it is the audiences right to know given that ultimately it could determine whether or not someone chooses to support them.

As an example, if it turned out to be only sort of true where it's happening at lower levels then I don't think people would have as much of a moral issue supporting LMG...now if all the allegations are shown to have happened by the 3rd party; then I think there would be a lot of people who would never want to touch LMG as a whole ever again.

I believe Linus or Terren did say that they would share the results of the investigation, although Linus seemed very..."convinced" that it wouldn't turn anything up.

All the same, investigations like this, where legal problems can result, often take several months to do right.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:15 PM, wanderingfool2 said:

Yeah this is exactly why we need to know!

On 10/7/2023 at 10:28 PM, aisle9 said:

I believe Linus or Terren did say that they would share the results of the investigation

This is correct so, they need to keep their word.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:28 PM, aisle9 said:

All the same, investigations like this, where legal problems can result, often take several months to do right.

@LinusTech should at least give periodic general updates like the investigation is still going on or it is almost done or something like that. Not complete silence and hoping that everyone will forget with time. 

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

57 minutes ago, Rolling2405 said:

should at least give periodic general updates like the investigation is still going on or it is almost done or something like that. Not complete silence and hoping that everyone will forget with time. 

Generally speaking from what I've seen in the past when it comes to 3rd party audits of this kind of nature it rarely is satisfactory in regards to the final outcomes.

From the general issue that some of the times they can only state that they didn't find conclusive evidence of something happening etc...especially if accusations are about the fact that sometimes meetings were done in person without documentation.  It's always difficult to find conclusive proof things like that.

Although in this case, some of the issues in regards to thing like LMG's OF should be a bit more provable one way or another.  Like if it wasn't in her contract, and if they are exposed to members genitalia and she requested it be shutdown then it is a workplace issue that should have been addressed

I honestly cannot believe this thread is still being allowed to carry on when there is nothing new to be discussed and unlikely to be a quick process