Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

The investigation is irrelevant. The public have already made up their mind.

What's sad about this is you're probrably right..... At least as far as the public is concerned.
Too bad they don't get to decide the "Real" verdict and sentence to be imposed, if any.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

I'm aware that this dead horse has probably been beaten up already in this thread, but I still gotta give my 2 cents.

Madison's allegations are very sus. Companies with gigantic workloads and toxic cultures like she's describing tend to have high employee turnover rates (I've seen it quite a few times), for obvious reasons. And yet LMG has a ton of loyal faces who have been there for years? It just doesn't add up.

She also deliberately injured herself to get some days off work? WTF is she, a soldier in Vietnam? It's just a job and you're living in a 1st world country, just take your frickin sick days like a normal person. The other allegations sound like she's just throwing shit at the wall to see sticks. Provide proof or GTFO.

Yeah that's been my experience also at a few different places. I was the one that ended up leaving.

Almost any factory I worked in was like this, a lot of managers talking a big game, but basically if you didn't like sports and drugs/alcohol you were an outlier and were treated like shit.

Of the 25 or so people in my recruiting group that got hired, only 3 were left after 6 months. That's insane turnover. New faces almost all the time.

I honestly cannot see anyone at LMG just walking up to somebody and calling them a "faggot". People who do that, who genuinely treat people like that, really stand out.

And as I mentioned before, I've personally witnessed coworkers touch each other in a consensual way, and then have one of them outright accuse the other of inappropriate touching.

Yes it did happen, just like they said.

Yes it was inappropriate.

But both parties participated and it's not right to take those moments out of context to get what you want.

9 hours ago, Mr. Rabbit said:

He wanted a culture of everybody is everybody's friends, everybody joking and having a good time, but that doesn't work when you reach 40, 50, 60 people, because at that point, you stop knowing everybody there, and you start having people who are there not because it's a cool company, but because it's a job.

This honestly ends at about 10-20 people, tops.

Everyone can be friends, but just think about your typical high school. Your classroom might have had 28-32 people in it, and usually when the teacher tells the class to break into 2, 3 or 4 groups, everyone splits into their cliques, and whoever is the least liked/least-clout, a team has to volunteer to take. Usually only at the behest of the teacher. Then if that person really doesn't vibe with the team, either they get excluded from the activity, or pushed out.

That is just how things tend to work out, everyone get's used to being together and knows where everyone's boundaries are, and you introduce someone who doesn't vibe with the group, the productivity tanks and the group loses morale as this one person won't stop rocking the boat.

Even if they're right. I'm sure everyone has run into this situation at some point. When a group is small enough, you can just get the new person to adapt to the new situation, but when you have a lot of people, it's easy for people who aren't vibing with the whole to keep being ignored or excluded because nobody wants to stop and help.

So let me ask this question? Who ELSE at LMG (currently or formerly) didn't have their voice heard? 

1 hour ago, Beerzerker said:

Not me - I'm just a casual member here and that's it and not even a member over at GN.

If LTT goes, I haven't lost much of anything and that's the extent of it.
Not subscribed to their Discord, YouTube channel, don't watch the WAN shows, not a contributor/backer with Bronze, Silver or Gold badges nor do I shop the online merch store....

Hell, I'm not even a gamer......

Yep - That's about it for me.

Woah, but you got 2.8k posts on the forum and are "lvl 10"... that's HUGE.. Is it just that you've been here for many years and have liked participating in discussions?

Or is it that 2.8k is nothing compared to other sites that you frequent even more? Genuinely curious, I seldom come here but have been here for many years. "I'm lvl 4 and it says I'm in the top 2% of member users". You must be in the 0.9 % or smth..

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

20 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Please reread what I posted earlier.

Thank you.

No amount of money would be right. If it is too small it wouldn't be worth it and if it was a large amount it would result in real world fraud allegations, jail time and the dissolution of the company. There are things money just can't buy.

I have seen women first hand lie about things like this (and worse) in real life, for much smaller stakes. Her first post whined about having to do actual work, and I stopped reading the tweet thread there.

4 minutes ago, VicBar said:

Woah, but you got 2.8k posts on the forum and are "lvl 10"... that's HUGE.. Is it just that you've been here for many years and have liked participating in discussions?

Or is it that 2.8k is nothing compared to other sites that you frequent even more? Genuinely curious, I seldom come here but have been here for many years. "I'm lvl 4 and it says I'm in the top 2% of member users". You must be in the 0.9 % or smth..

I haven't been here for too long, (Jan 2020) it helps that I'm retired so I have alot of boredom to deal with these days.

2.8K isn't that big of a deal even here, not that I'm worried about the post count anyway.

3 minutes ago, hassam222 said:

No amount of money would be right. If it is too small it wouldn't be worth it and if it was a large amount it would result in real world fraud allegations, jail time and the dissolution of the company. There are things money just can't buy.

If all that is up to us, as in "Us" this statement would matter but it's not up to us.
All we can do is sit on the sidelines and watch.

I do agree there are things money just can't buy, the catch-all problem with your statement is in catching them and then proving it afterwards.
If that could be done I could see that as "Justice" served but if you absolutely think it doesn't/never does happen in real life, you are naive.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

5 minutes ago, VicBar said:

You’d be surprised how many people here have little to no connection to LTT videos/LMG in general. I’m mostly on here while I’m at work. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, ToboRobot said:

Wild unsubstantiated allegations.  

Evidence to the contrary:

”points to the whole US economy”

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

You’d be surprised how many people here have little to no connection to LTT videos/LMG in general. I’m mostly on here while I’m at work. 

Same

2 minutes ago, JorjXMcKie said:

I have seen women first hand lie about things like this (and worse) in real life, for much smaller stakes. Her first post whined about having to do actual work, and I stopped reading the tweet thread there.

Then you are terribly under-qualified to give your opinion.

Make your mind from one tweet sure, but don't imagine that you are well informed at all. So saying "I have seen women first hand lie about things" is actually of very little importance to anyone. (also personal bias much?)

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

16 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

The investigation is irrelevant. The public have already made up their mind.

Made up their mind about what?

This framing you have built around the situation, what are you actually trying to say?

A group can always... do better. 

19 minutes ago, JorjXMcKie said:

"A women lied to me once, therefore all women lie"
Boi
Women are not some other creature, they are people, stop the hate. Women do not lie anymore often than your bros do. 

22 minutes ago, VicBar said:

Then you are terribly under-qualified to give your opinion.

Make your mind from one tweet sure, but don't imagine that you are well informed at all. So saying "I have seen women first hand lie about things" is actually of very little importance to anyone. (also personal bias much?)

And you are an perfect material expert that has all the facts and information?

how about, we all wait for more information from both sides and see instead of making assumptions for both sides? 

Once we have that, then we can all have a much better idea of what happened and can argue based on the new information as I haven’t seen anything new in 2-3 days about it. Just people yelling in circles

Just now, Thepyrodex said:

And you are an perfect material expert that has all the facts and information?

how about, we all wait for more information from both sides and see instead of making assumptions for both sides? 

Once we have that, then we can all have a much better idea of what happened and can argue based on the new information as I haven’t seen anything new in 2-3 days about it. Just people yelling in circles

I agree on waiting, but in case of abuse you tend to try to listen to the alleged abused. Like if police didn't believe victims off-the-bat they wouldn't do anything about it.

True about not sentencing anyone until there is more info but that guy saying "I've seen women lie before" is exactly the kind of attitude that keeps marginalized group scared from coming forward.

I for one think that the Madison thing will take much longer than this one week pause. I'm not holding my breath for an answer just yet. But seeing the work culture at LMG her allegations just ring true... Still, I'm not calling for an execution, just for them to do better. No?

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

[OLD]

1 hour ago, Beerzerker said:

Please reread what I posted earlier.

Thank you.

100,000,000 valuation is not 100,000,000 cash to spend first.

second, when compared to companies like Dell with 133,000ish employees that do hire these companies, LMG doesn’t even have enough money to make It worth losing credibility with an “actual” large company.

the tech industry has so much money when compared to even the riches YouTubers it is insane.

7 minutes ago, VicBar said:

I agree on waiting, but in case of abuse you tend to try to listen to the alleged abused. Like if police didn't believe victims off-the-bat they wouldn't do anything about it.

agreed which is why I don’t just say she’s lying.  

True about not sentencing anyone until there is more info but that guy saying "I've seen women lie before" is exactly the kind of attitude that keeps marginalized group scared from coming forward.

I’ve seen all humans lie before for their own benefit so I won’t discount it or say it’s true based on anything I’ve seen, especially not their gender. (Not saying she’s lying, also not saying she isn’t)

I for one think that the Madison thing will take much longer than this one week pause. I'm not holding my breath for an answer just yet. But seeing the work culture at LMG her allegations just ring true... Still, I'm not calling for an execution, just for them to do better. No?

Agreed, they need to fix and do better, I just want the actual problems fixed not the ones we all assume need to be.  If we want the truth about Madison it WILL take more than a week to be able to get everyone’s stories, try to cross reference them, check against things like security cottage (if it exists), etc when dealing with that many people and wanting to not miss something or make a mistake.

id personally not be too surprised if we never find out the final result and it gets settled out of court with an NDA or the like.   It would make me upset not knowing but it’s not like I have a right to know the outcome 

19 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Made up their mind about what?

This framing you have built around the situation, what are you actually trying to say?

A group can always... do better.

The situation is over. That's all I'm saying.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 hour ago, ReallyThough said:

Yeah that's been my experience also at a few different places. I was the one that ended up leaving.

Almost any factory I worked in was like this, a lot of managers talking a big game, but basically if you didn't like sports and drugs/alcohol you were an outlier and were treated like shit.

Of the 25 or so people in my recruiting group that got hired, only 3 were left after 6 months. That's insane turnover. New faces almost all the time.

I honestly cannot see anyone at LMG just walking up to somebody and calling them a "faggot". People who do that, who genuinely treat people like that, really stand out.

And as I mentioned before, I've personally witnessed coworkers touch each other in a consensual way, and then have one of them outright accuse the other of inappropriate touching.

Yes it did happen, just like they said.

Yes it was inappropriate.

But both parties participated and it's not right to take those moments out of context to get what you want.

Agreed. I left this thread for a couple days and it's actually gotten a lot better.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:11 AM, Drazil100 said:

She isn't a random woman. I recognize the handle from before she was hired. This is her 

Hmm, one thing I notice as I re-watch this video is that Madison makes unprompted crass jokes. E.g. "I'm a sexy little baby." 

I wonder if she continued that behavior when she was employed at LMG? 

Just now, ModernAmericanPro said:

Hmm, one thing I notice as I re-watch this video is that Madison makes unprompted crass jokes. E.g. "I'm a sexy little baby." 

Regardless of if she did or didn’t doesn’t matter. What matters is whether people respect you when you ask them to stop. The allegation’s are far worse than some crass jokes though so I hardly think it matters. 

maybe it its one of the 162 (now ) pages but does LMG have a external confidant/person of trust?

14 minutes ago, ModernAmericanPro said:

Does not matter if the behavior did or did not. It literally has ZERO to do with anything. 
A person wearing a skirt is not, and never is "asking for it"
A person who makes a sexual joke is not and is never "asking for it"

Consent can be taken away, and when it does, it's not there anymore. A joke you make with a friend is different than a joke you make with a different group of friends.

There is NO such thing as asking for it other than, literally asking for it. 

35 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Does not matter if the behavior did or did not. It literally has ZERO to do with anything. 
A person wearing a skirt is not, and never is "asking for it"
A person who makes a sexual joke is not and is never "asking for it"

Consent can be taken away, and when it does, it's not there anymore. A joke you make with a friend is different than a joke you make with a different group of friends.

There is NO such thing as asking for it other than, literally asking for it. 

I never said that any assault on Madison was justified. I agree with you regarding physical assault (which Madison does allege).

However she also alleges crass language toward her. IF she initiated the crass language, and IF that language provoked in-kind replies that she is now complaining about, then she does bear some responsibility for that language. The analogy might be her wearing a skirt and then complaining when her friend starts wearing a similar skirt.

We don’t know what happened. We know what Madison says happened. Before we crucify LMG, or Madison, or anyone else, we should hear the rest of the story. The video could show a bit of the other side… idk. 

On 8/20/2023 at 3:40 PM, AHPanda said:

Well, I think you should call everyone that and see how long it takes for you to be beaten blue.

Bruh, already do, we call each other that and a million other things. It's called a healthy working environment. It's how men talk with each other. You know the saying, guys fake insult each other while girls fake complement each other. Don't trust a man who hasn't called you a slur at least once. 

On 8/20/2023 at 5:02 PM, RoseLuck462 said:

Your workplace sounds pretty toxic ngl

You've clearly never worked in a toxic environment. But TIL everyone talking like friends and being chummy is toxic. No wonder this thread is so ape.