Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 hour ago, hmfaysal said:

Well Madison should atleast have gotten the help of a PR firm. Thats what I think. Her twitter thread had a shock effect, which isn't long lasting though. It sounded like she wasn't qualified for the job, in her own words. The mental breakdown and physical harm part may have the shock value now, couple days, but isn't helping her cause of getting some money out of this. A PR firm would have done a much better job at presenting her issues and securing her a paycheck or something . 

WOW. Could you be more of a vindictive, patronizing chauvinist?

"Poor little Madison, totally out of her mind, should have gotten a lawyer and a PR firm, so she can get the money she OBVIOUSLY wants out of this situation."

1 hour ago, hmfaysal said:

Well Madison should atleast have gotten the help of a PR firm. Thats what I think. Her twitter thread had a shock effect, which isn't long lasting though. It sounded like she wasn't qualified for the job, in her own words. The mental breakdown and physical harm part may have the shock value now, couple days, but isn't helping her cause of getting some money out of this. A PR firm would have done a much better job at presenting her issues and securing her a paycheck or something . 

Interesting comment on someone who used to be the one running LTT social media. Maybe that show how her performance on the job?

3 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

Interesting comment on someone who used to be the one running LTT social media. Maybe that show how her performance on the job?

Yeah, on point. 

15 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Hey, I run a forum myself. I don't like dealing with spats that get personal, so I try not to do it on other folks' forums. As I mentioned elsewhere on here, though, I do have ND issues with communication, so I do appreciate that I can sometimes come across stronger than I intend 😉

Anyway....I see where the root of your logic comes from now. The bit in bold assumes a properly-organised, experienced and dedicated HR department, and you're be 100% correct about what would happen in such a company; at the time, however, HR was only Yvonne (with no experience in HR, and wearing many other hats). The result of that is always going to be dysfunctional - and that's no slight on Yvonne at all, it's simply the reality of not having a dedicated HR function in a company of that many people. I strongly suspect that's exactly why Madison's complaints were poorly handled in the first place - Yvonne delegating the complaint to middle managers who'd probably never even read the company's HR guidelines, resulting in "just go on a coffee date".

But...equally, if the hypothetical scenario I posted above is what happened (and I genuinely can see that being the case), as you said there would be nothing to investigate because rumours post-resignation aren't enough to go on. Therefore all that can have resulted is a reiteration of the HR reporting process (The Meeting).

Remember, we're talking about a company that has a well-documented history of poor management structure and communication spanning every function (which is what triggered the whole thing in the first place). 

I do maintain, though, that a case like Madison's wouldn't be treated as a priority by the police relative to all the crimes they deal with which do have physical evidence (and are thus more likely to result in a successful prosecution), so we're back to the "wait a couple of years for them to get around to it, or just take your opportunity to force LMG's hand when they're already in a PR crisis" choice. If nothing else, it's absolutely forced them to dedicate resources to investigating what happened.

I agree with you that what her case would not be handled seriously by the police. First, it is a case of he said she said that the police hard to get evidence. And this case can be a bit of perspective.

Secondly the case does not meet the criteria of criminal sexual assault. At most this can be classified as harassment.

The best way for her is to go to canada labour board as they are the one who can investigate this issue

34 minutes ago, Sho2048 said:

The owners at small companies. Big companies, if there is no one above the asshole, you walk off, and then it’s the company’s loss, not yours. Sometimes it’s also worthy of police, or unionizing.

All I wanted to say is there is no justification for abuse of power anywhere. We don't know if problems were known, fixed, or how they dealt with them, or if they happened at all for sure, until an investigation. What I say, is that there's no reason to blame young people for not wanting to be insulted. The "dogshit" work is not nice but also not unheard of, insults like "stop being a bitch" are likely to result in a firing or suspension at any other company, and most people would at least have a right to complain. Unfortunately, it also ends up that women rarely can silence toxic people like that.

I thought at least in the civilized part of the world, we workers have the right for resignation. The ultimate toolkit in a workers belt. There is no help needed for that. 

All I can hear is that she did not get enough airtime while at LTT, firehose workload, mirrors in workstations to see behind, complaints almost about everyone at every level, talking about how her previous twitch career is destroyed, talking about the sponsorship deals and money associated with it, talking about onlyfans (as she was forced to do it). The last point about OnlyFans is extremely disturbing, talking about men genitalia.

But I would rather stick to the fact, although she maintained all the social media of a 100 mill media company, she kinda dropped the ball of not hiring a PR firm to review her tweets before sending out. 

Also, lets ponder about the OnlyFans stuff, what she saw, and who made her see stuff. 

23 minutes ago, Vexenar said:

That is a terrible way to manage your company, what are you going to do when conflicting parties can't come to agreement and it starts dividing your entire workforce? Step in after the fact and waste even more time and resources?

A healthy workforce means a healthy company, this is exactly why HR should be doing it's job rather than just covering the company's ass. 

You do realize that going to HR often causes more harm than good, right? It's seen as a big step and a knife in the back among colleagues and the person who does this is seen as a snitch. In an ideal world where everything is butterflies & rainbows, sure. People still prefer if you TALK to them and tell them something bothers you. It worked often in the past and while I understand it can be daunting for some to do this, the alternative is to have this colleague permanently angry at you because someone being called to HR "because colleague X said you did Y" will NOT fix things. The times it happened with me, it made me hate that other person with a passion, especially because they had done for worse things to me in the past. Because yes, it may surprise you: there's no black & white. Madison may well have ruffled feathers herself without realizing - we all do that from time to time. Getting dragged to HR for it however ...

Of course if it involves really serious things, by all means. Someone who very clearly and consciously goes too far needs to be addressed.

Hello guys/ girls, Can we just take 10 mins to discuss the OnlyFans stuff Madison mentioned?

Who made her do it? And what did she see? She talked about seeing Men genitalia and stuff. IDK. I think its pertinent to this. OnlyFans is the key to unlock the mystery. 

132 pages long thread, no one is mentioning the OnlyFans stuff.  I want to talk about the OnlyFans stuff Madison was forced to do, as she complained on X

1 minute ago, hmfaysal said:

Hello guys/ girls, Can we just take 10 mins to discuss the OnlyFans stuff Madison mentioned?

Who made her do it? And what did she see? She talked about seeing Men genitalia and stuff. IDK. I think its pertinent to this. OnlyFans is the key to unlock the mystery. 

Maybe she is referring to the april fool joke where LMG make onlyfans account as a joke.

Dunno. If she was there when LMG make that april fool joke though

7 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

You do realize that going to HR often causes more harm than good, right? It's seen as a big step and a knife in the back among colleagues and the person who does this is seen as a snitch. In an ideal world where everything is butterflies & rainbows, sure. People still prefer if you TALK to them and tell them something bothers you. It worked often in the past and while I understand it can be daunting for some to do this, the alternative is to have this colleague permanently angry at you because someone being called to HR "because colleague X said you did Y" will NOT fix things. The times it happened with me, it made me hate that other person with a passion, especially because they had done for worse things to me in the past. Because yes, it may surprise you: there's no black & white. Madison may well have ruffled feathers herself without realizing - we all do that from time to time. Getting dragged to HR for it however ...

Of course if it involves really serious things, by all means. Someone who very clearly and consciously goes too far needs to be addressed.

And what would external PR dl to resolve the issue?

A conflict resolution meeting where they ask both party to clearly state their problem with nicer ways 🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Hey, I run a forum myself. I don't like dealing with spats that get personal, so I try not to do it on other folks' forums. As I mentioned elsewhere on here, though, I do have ND issues with communication, so I do appreciate that I can sometimes come across stronger than I intend 😉

Anyway....I see where the root of your logic comes from now. The bit in bold assumes a properly-organised, experienced and dedicated HR department, and you're be 100% correct about what would happen in such a company; at the time, however, HR was only Yvonne (with no experience in HR, and wearing many other hats). The result of that is always going to be dysfunctional - and that's no slight on Yvonne at all, it's simply the reality of not having a dedicated HR function in a company of that many people. I strongly suspect that's exactly why Madison's complaints were poorly handled in the first place - Yvonne delegating the complaint to middle managers who'd probably never even read the company's HR guidelines, resulting in "just go on a coffee date".

But...equally, if the hypothetical scenario I posted above is what happened (and I genuinely can see that being the case), as you said there would be nothing to investigate because rumours post-resignation aren't enough to go on. Therefore all that can have resulted is a reiteration of the HR reporting process (The Meeting).

Remember, we're talking about a company that has a well-documented history of poor management structure and communication spanning every function (which is what triggered the whole thing in the first place). 

I do maintain, though, that a case like Madison's wouldn't be treated as a priority by the police relative to all the crimes they deal with which do have physical evidence (and are thus more likely to result in a successful prosecution), so we're back to the "wait a couple of years for them to get around to it, or just take your opportunity to force LMG's hand when they're already in a PR crisis" choice. If nothing else, it's absolutely forced them to dedicate resources to investigating what happened.

Well it really seems that we agree on the principle and just have different opinions on the approach. 

I'm not sure what knowledge we have on Yvonne's experience with HR. The tell there probably could be that a third party HR was hired. But again this is only an assumption as I am unsure of Canada's laws in that matter. Keeping in mind the size of the company and the responsibilities HR has I can only assume she has done some training and had to have some legal knowledge as it would literally be a requirement to the job. Also to be very clear. If this will be a failure to investigate a report - this will be entirely on Yvonne. As HR has to produce an outcome to what they are working on. Delegating to a manager still requires an outcome and there almost always is either a paper/email trail for this. If there isn't we would have to go back to the point of how HR was being run or was anything reported to begin with.

There are too many assumptions from my perspective in this case to clearly take a stand on one side or another. It may very well be that I have some bias towards not following legal advice and going to Twitter, but I have not seen Twitter being helpful in these situations and only making it worse. Also - corporations only understand money. Sueing or threatening to sue usually is enough for a corporation to very quickly behave reasonably and check what the law and practice should be.

But again that really requires a spine and being able to handle stress.

Maybe she is referring to the april fool joke where LMG make onlyfans account as a joke.

No I am talking about this.

I find it odd she mentioned that because social media accounts get their share of this type of content by default. I can understand an OnlyFans would get more of it but if I was in her place, I would have taken steps to minimize the "damage".

I mean, do you know what part of my job is? I have to edit the most gruesome pictures for cigarette packaging and I get the FULL images, not the cut down ones you see on the packets. It's not a fun job and some of the pictures almost make me gag but it's my job.

7 hours ago, Kangar said:

Colin added his grain of sand, it seems real 

IMO Colin summarized that he already hear she speak about that.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

2 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

Yap. That was the joke onlyfans account they made as april fool joke

That they run for around 1-2 months then decide to close as it was a joke account and never meant to be a serious for them.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1320978-ltt-has-a-new-home/

Who forced her to run that medium? She complained that she wasn't comfortable doing it. But someone made her do it. 

Yap. That was the joke onlyfans account they made as april fool joke

That they run for around 1-2 months then decide to close as it was a joke account and never meant to be a serious for them.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1320978-ltt-has-a-new-home/

Joke or not, forcing someone (since there was no other Social Media operators) to operate a system of that explicit nature is just wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Reclus said:

Well it really seems that we agree on the principle and just have different opinions on the approach. 

True enough. It is a forum, after all...we need to argue about something😉

2 minutes ago, Reclus said:

There are too many assumptions from my perspective in this case to clearly take a stand on one side or another. It may very well be that I have some bias towards not following legal advice and going to Twitter, but I have not seen Twitter being helpful in these situations and only making it worse. Also - corporations only understand money. Sueing or threatening to sue usually is enough for a corporation to very quickly behave reasonably and check what the law and practice should be.

But again that really requires a spine and being able to handle stress.

I do think we need to take into account the fact that Madison was (and is) very young and inexperienced at the time - while those of us in our 30s and 40s and jaded by experience in soulless corporations wouldn't hesitate to bring out the big guns and get the authorities involved, we almost certainly wouldn't have done when we were first starting out. Add to that the confidence-knocking effects of everything that happened (whether she was good at her job or not, that's still the result), and it's easy to see that her first instinct would've been to just escape and not deal with it; thoughts of pushing back likely wouldn't even have occurred to her for months afterwards. I've seen that myself with my wife and my daughter after leaving extremely poorly-behaved companies, and was equally mystified as to why they didn't take it further until I saw what it had taken out of them (not something I'm prone to).

Ultimately, though, we're just entertaining ourselves by discussing all of this while waiting to see the end result of the investigation and what Terren does with it; one way or another, some kind of public resolution is inevitable because both LMG and Madison need that to progress and move past it (given the way it's been done). All that'll really be left after the investigation is for them to agree on what that looks like - to quote Doctor Who, "How much blood will spill until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning: sit down and talk!".

Just now, hmfaysal said:

Who forced her to run that medium? She complained that she wasn't comfortable doing it. But someone made her do it. 

The thread was created by James so I'd assume he had some part in it.

2 minutes ago, Nathat23 said:

The thread was created by James so I'd assume he had some part in it.

I love mind maps ❤️

Screenshot2023-08-18161511.thumb.jpg.0c5a3693e439566d53486c664c714873.jpg

The one thing that mesmerizes the most that most people (esp. on reddit) don't even think about the possibility that Madison might be either lying or just hyperbolising things for her own personal gain. Even if it's true to some extent about what she said, she might not want any change within the company or any justice for her colleagues, but just to badmouth the company and seek personal revenge against the colleagues or management. If so, she choose a very convenient time for this.

Perhaps I am wrong, I don't know.

But there is a strong possibility, at least I sensed this kind of vibe from the tweets she made, some arguments in them sound quite frankly a bit ridiculous, or even ambiguous. At least judging from my own personal experience as a small business co-owner for past 10 years, I know for certain that not every person that I employed was a decent human being. I've seen people spreading rumours, leaving bad reviews or just being plain angry, insulting me and other coworkers, heck even my CLIENTS (yep, it happened), flaming conflicts and so on. A LOT of people leave companies disgruntled, even those who quit themselves. And sometimes there are extremely edgy people that take it to the next level.

So yeah, maybe I am wrong, but I could also understand a scenario like this.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I am from Europe, where we do have laws that protect workers, unions and etc. Some unions, esp. in big companies are trash by the way, because they end up swayed easily by opposing politicians or competitors. Oh, and to fire someone in Europe costs a lot of money, so we try to avoid it if it's possible and talk things through.

1 minute ago, tomycat said:

The one thing that mesmerizes the most that most people (esp. on reddit) don't even think about the possibility that Madison might be either lying or just hyperbolising things for her own personal gain. Even if it's true to some extent about what she said, she might not want any change within the company or any justice for her colleagues, but just to badmouth the company and seek personal revenge against the colleagues or management. If so, she choose a very convenient time for this.

But there is a strong possibility, at least I sensed this kind of vibe from the tweets she made, some arguments in them sound quite frankly a bit ridiculous, or even ambiguous. At least judging from my own personal experience as a small business co-owner for past 10 years, I know for certain that not every person that I employed was a decent human being. I've seen people spreading rumours, leaving bad reviews or just being plain angry, insulting me and other coworkers, heck even my CLIENTS (yep, it happened), flaming conflicts and so on. A LOT of people leave companies disgruntled, even those who quit themselves. And sometimes there are extremely edgy people that take it to the next level.

This is the main thing, isn't it? Looks like she spoke with Steve about these issues.

3 minutes ago, tomycat said:

See that's the two side to it... Reddit / Twitter takes one side, the forum takes another is usually the case, but in this instance it appears to be spread out.  I do hope that the investigation is done in the right manner with a complete timeline full of context.   Longer it drags out, the longer the drama will be, but in this instance better to be factually accurate.

1 minute ago, WallacEngineering said:

Actually no, inaccurate testing and misrepresenting products have been complained about in comments of LMG videos for some time now.

Of course the whole Billet Labs thing SOUNDS worse when you use words like THEFT or STEAL but there was definitely some misunderstanding involved.

As for Steve not knowing all the facts - Ya you are right he didn't, but its also not his fault:

A.) LMG would have ignored Steve or said its none of his business as they have been every other time he has reached over the past 2 years and so as a result...

B.) He never would have gotten the full story to begin with. Both Billet and Linus Omitted details - so how the hell is Steve supposed to be 100% accurate when he can't gain access to 100% of the information?

The video's public release is what got the truth to finally come out so it still would have been the exact same situation had GN reached out anyways unless he specifically used a thread - "Im gonna go public if LMG boes not tell me the truth" - Which hell no, Steve would NEVER be that guy.

Steve would still have only gotten some information from Billet Labs themselves and we now know that they lied about it to attack LMG for some reason so basically there was only one way for this situation to go down.

Steve makes mistakes like anyone else like how he kinda fumbled around a bit in the second video regarding Linus's 5-Year-Old response because he was in such shock and awe he couldn't keep it together.

However, despite that human error - Going Public was still the best move. Nothing would have changed otherwise because LMG would have continued to ignore criticism and would have continued to slowly destroy their own reputation.

Unfortunately you are correct about the Madison situation - it simply adds to the Chaos and despite the fact the entire thing is BS and LMG technically doing nothing wrong in this situation, people are absolute Hyenas these days with drama and scavenge every little bit they can.

This kind of crap is why I hate drama and hate the human race in general these days. What has happened to us? Everyone these days seems to be a complete ass hole, nobody shows respect or care for their fellow man anymore, and every single little thing is all about money anymore - even family matters.

Well, predictions from environmental scientists are starting to emerge that we are going to kill Planet Earth and ourselves before we can escape to Mars and well if it happens - I guess thats just Karma now isn't it?

Well, things will die down after lets say next Thursday? Meh. the subs Steve gained, he can't monetize that, infact, it may hurt his bottom line, as viewed minutes/subscribers ratio is used by the recommender algorithm as a feature. 

As for Madison, I love mind maps ❤️

Screenshot2023-08-18161511.thumb.jpg.d692e53a6ad6551659056295a5a49b16.jpg