Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Unfortunately, I don’t believe she could write off her posts as opinion. She left very little ambiguity actually, and those same posts could be used against her. 

“A warning that came very shortly after I had come forward stating I had been inappropriately grabbed multiple times in the office, amongst other
issues. I was barred from being in videos.”

There isn’t anything in there that could cause reasonable person to interpret this as an opinion. While there are certainly other means Madison could defend a suit (tbh, a single credible witness deposition in her favor would probably be enough), claiming her statements were opinion, is unlikely to be successful. 

Her opinion of the events that happened.  I never said what she said wasn't her statement; but it's important to note that if you have xyz happen people's recollection of what transpired during xyz can vary wildly; so in that sense it is an opinion on what has happened...it's still a statement but it's one where the opposing party would have to prove it didn't happen the way she is claiming (and that there wasn't a way for her to have interpreted it as such).

As an example; if someone says "you look hot" to a co-worker, and the co-worker takes it as a SH claim...them stating that publicly wouldn't create a defamation; even if the business shows that the co-worker intended to say that the person looked like they were in the actual sense hot (heat).  The SH co-worker, while the statement might not be the definitive truth it would I think prevent the defamation as it's their opinion on what event had occurred.

1 hour ago, AbsoluteWoo said:

If Steve had reached out for comment he'd have mentioned it in his video. Linus has specifically stated Steve has not reached out.

It all depends on what one defines as reaching out though.  Like over the years now I've pointed out issues with some transparency (and blatantly wrong stuff); and the responses I've gotten back are essentially the I'm wrong, or they don't have to disclose something.  If Steve over the years has talked to Linus about that stuff, then there is no need for the courtesy to reach out again for a comment; when it's evident that changes aren't being made.

37 minutes ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Criminally? For sure. I don't think anyone should be prosecuted off allegations.

But considering the context of what LTT is doing, how they are responding incredibly poorly, and the weight of the allegations, I am at least morally obligated to support Madison here. Why would Madison make up such crazy claims over nothing? Especially when she wrote the same stuff in her glassdoor review back then.

There can be a lot of reasonings; people's versions of events can differ drastically.  Anyone who has worked in a large workplace and had to deal with this kind of stuff knows how events can change drastically.  If you are pursuing a social media dream and such as well, getting publicity is a thing as well.  There are just in general lots of reasons.

To put it in perspective here as well, there was a figure here called John Furlong.  In 2012 he was accused of abuse by multiple "former" students, and was going to be brought to civil court.  2 of the students didn't even go to the school where he allegedly abused them in; and the 3rd was dropped because there wasn't any evidence.  Sometimes people make things up.

Even when I was going through highschool, there was a student who accused a teacher of being pervy (then on interview apparently their story kept changing).  The teacher was from then on though still labelled as the pervy teacher.

It is why until there are more statements or other employees coming forward to back up the alleged complaints, it's not wise to just jump to a conclusion of this nature

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

4 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

Considering, as others have shown, they bullied someone into suicide... I wouldn't either.

No, but high school teenagers and middle school tweens have done the same via the internet. I don't associate that with LMG/LTT exclusively, it's wrong on every level, but to blame a company for what is a minority representation of bandwagoners in a community isn't quite fair either.  I associate that with the terrible effect social media and its reach has on people with mental health struggles in general. That's not exclusive to any one website, company, or community. 

The term "community" is used very loosely here. 

Edited by DakotaCx
grammar

10 minutes ago, Abereau said:

Are you a bot? You talk about leaving the forum as if you where a former member. Actually, you created your account yesterday only to spam your pro GN views here... And yes I know I've just created mine, yes to point the finger at you, whoever you are.

Captczcure.PNG

Most of the accounts are like that. A lot of people was a LTT fan/subscriber/follower/etc. but never bothered with the forum. When this GN fiasco happened, Linus chose to officially address the community here so a lot of them jumped in.
That's not my case actually, I was just lurking until the Madison's situation happened and I thought it was way more serious than the other stuff.

This font is amazing.

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

To those wondering why Madison had not brought this up before, may I remind you of a certain ex-US president who has only now (rather many years after the event) been brought up on SA charges...trauma takes time to process and fear needs time to be overcome

To add. A certain ex-US president who was found civilly liable for sexually abusing a writer at a New York department store in the 1990s.

Just now, DarithINAbby said:

You know how it is "Obvious".... its called logic, either Linus and that company are the most evil things on this planet that do almost literally everything wrong in regards to workplace harassment her saying they asked about her sex life, her boyfriends, asking her to twerk, calling her an idiot lazy (every other neghative word) and not ONE person would have stood up and said anything, you've hadn't heard anything from the time it happend until now, from her or anyone, considering she no longer works there and could have resentment, you package ALL that together and if your honest with yourself and say "what are the odds all these things are true and we never got even the slightest hint that this was the true nature behind closed doors" then you have to come to the conclusion she is making it up with the intent to hurt the companies  image and linus for that matter

For anyone wondering, yes that is a single sentence.

Holy majoles.

1 minute ago, William Isted said:

To add. A certain ex-US president who was found civilly liable for sexually abusing a writer at a New York department store in the 1990s.

Oh yeah, definitely the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

1. I didn't say anything about marriage, he can't find it himself because it does not exist, that's why he is telling you to find it, because it does not exist.

3. again, CIVIL case, the whole grievance is civil, there will not and never be a state-provided lawyer.
5. no... no they won't. Harassment is a CIVIL complaint. Abuse is a criminal complaint. 

This is why I said you have no idea how the police of judicial systems function and their simplest level.

Again the only person that knows nothing here is you. And now you are deliberately misinforming to score points on an internet forum.

Suing Someone for Harassment [Step-by-Step Guide] (donotpay.com)   

2 minutes ago, DakotaCx said:

No, but high school teenagers and middle school tweens have done the same via the internet. I don't associate that with LMG/LTT exclusively, it's wrong on every level, but to blame a company for what is a minority representation of bandwagoners in a community isn't quite fair either.  I associate that with the terrible effect social media and its reach have on people with mental health struggles in general. That's not exclusive to any one website, company, or community. 

The term "community" is used very loosely here. 

The end result is the same regardless of how you want to frame it. 

That person is dead because of a toxic interaction associated with LTT.

12 minutes ago, Booch121 said:

The tik toks had her editing 12k footage on a machine that couldn't handle it. Also im fairly sure in the tweets she claimed they switched up the contract on her multiple times, and didn't tell her the pay or what her actual work schedule would be until she moved an entire country to work there.

again WHAT!!!!! you can't sit there and type she "Didn't know her pay before she moved" .... you know your pay before you leave the interview, let alone before the end of which ever way your told you got the job, or before signing any employ contract

and you think her working for LMG she didn't have a powerful enough computer?... really man

7 minutes ago, Abereau said:

Are you a bot? You talk about leaving the forum as if you where a former member. Actually, you created your account yesterday only to spam your pro GN views here... And yes I know I've just created mine, yes to point the finger at you, whoever you are.

Captczcure.PNG

Lot's of replies are from new accounts. They came here because this is LTT related and this is linustechtips.com.

"Why didn't she come out earlier" is a braindead take when she literally made the glass door review (or any of the many valid and logical reasons not to) lol

Also if anyone actually tried finding out what happened back when it happened you'd have seen how she clearly was upset about her experience but trying not to attract too much attention. She never released any details back then but it was always clearly obvious something happened and while her recollection might not be perfect because people are humans the gist lines up perfectly. She also made sure to emphasise that she quit and wasn't fired. Her story has been the same the whole time.

I'm all for not cancelling people off a tweet or accusation alone but the context here is absolutely damning.

2 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

Holy majoles.

Thank you for your service. I started reading it but stopped, might get a headache otherwise.

2 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

Holy majoles.

shit man, you got me! I didn't use a period, fuck guess everything said can't be considered or anything.

Just now, jubjub said:

"Why didn't she come out earlier" is a braindead take when she literally made the glass door review (or any of the many valid and logical reasons not to) lol

Also if anyone actually tried finding out what happened back when it happened you'd have seen how she clearly was upset about her experience but trying not to attract too much attention. She never released any details back then but it was always clearly obvious something happened and while her recollection might not be perfect because people are humans the gist lines up perfectly. She also made sure to emphasise that she quit and wasn't fired. Her story has been the same the whole time.

I'm all for not cancelling people off a tweet or accusation alone but the context here is absolutely damning.

i like how literally no one cared at the time about the review

2 minutes ago, itshurleytime said:

Oh yeah, definitely the same thing. 

You miss the point (I think) it's about the time in between the allegation and the lawsuit, rather than the severity of the allegation. My original point was aimed at those who wondered/doubted why it had taken so long for Madison to come forward. THat is all.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I think what makes the me the most sad about this whole situation, is even if only 10% of what she says is true it's a problem, and is also why most larger organizations have a lot of rules an policies we all hate so much that makes the work environment feel very sterile.  I would hope that the tech community would be able to show the world they don't need to operate like a sterile workplace and can still be successful and strong organization.  However it feels like that's just not possible for humans, without the rules and checks and balances things get out of hand extremely fast.  It saddens me that human's can't interact at scale without stepping on each others toes and hurting one another.  I really hope it's not as bad as it sounds there, for everyone involved, having said that moving forward I hope LMG can figure this out and be a better place overall.

Just now, justin one said:

this thread is like an ltt fan speedrun to prove her entire point. lmao

For real lmao. Some of y'all need to shave your neckbeard and touch some grass.

If Madison has any screenshots, recordings, etc. to backup her claims, then yes of course that would be helpful. Or maybe if a few people from LMG publicly came forward to backup her claims, that would also work. At the same time, who goes around recording every single interaction they have? It's unrealistic.

Madison was very clearly emotionally harmed working for LMG. She is young, so she may have misinterpreted some things as rude or dismissive, when that may not have been the case at all. Regardless, her feelings are absolutely valid and her tweets should be addressed by the LMG team.

COMIC SANS

Just now, jitteryzeitgeist said:

The end result is the same regardless of how you want to frame it. 

That person is dead because of a toxic interaction with some associated interaction with LTT.

Sure, I don't disagree. But it's one thing for a random small group of idiots to go off and pull a 4chan move like that, it's another for it to be groomed, fostered, or even sanctioned by LMG. I'm not a religious watcher, I'll put WAN on for background noise here and there, but when he discusses the community he addresses disappointment with toxic traits, tribalism, and other issues and recently even stated he wasn't sure how to swing that back. 

So I think it's a little more nuanced from my perspective, but I see where you are coming from as well. 

2 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

shit man, you got me! I didn't use a period, fuck guess everything said can't be considered or anything.

Well no the rambling diatribe itself was ridiculous, but I like to picture you straining to squeeze out the last few words, your lungs depleted and straining to supply what little air they have to your vocal cords, as your veins bulge from your neck and forehead and your face turns a rich shade of purple, not unlike a grape

to hurt the companies...image... and linus for that matter

6 minutes ago, DarithINAbby said:

again WHAT!!!!! you can't sit there and type she "Didn't know her pay before she moved" .... you know your pay before you leave the interview, let alone before the end of which ever way your told you got the job, or before signing any employ contract

and you think her working for LMG she didn't have a powerful enough computer?... really man

Wrong. LTT does not inform you of your pay until your hired. I know this because I was interested in an engineering job there, and i found no pay information. Maybe its a little bit before your actually hired, but by then your already have your visa and plans to move.
Also, she claims she didn't have enough ram to edit her footage, causing several crashes a day (funnily enough, the editing team had the same problem)

Edited by Booch121

2 minutes ago, Abereau said:

Captczcure.PNG

Spam Pro GN views? Care to expand on what you define as pro GN VIEWS?

I miss the good old days when evidence was required... 2023 is wild i wonder how Kevin Spacey is getting on