Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, NavyEmt said:

How long do you think they keep security footage? 

Few months, but since it's a giant tech company a year or so should be manageable

“Grab the security footage!”

”Why isn’t there a lawsuit!”

”MeToo had false allegations so just hold on.”

”You can’t trust her mental state because the company broke her!”

Some of the people on this forum are adults right? These are the best efforts of the naive, adolescent and frankly sexist.

If you don’t want to click that unsubscribe button before they get a video out good for you! How judicious! 

If your first reaction to this news is to start maligning the accuser and setting up excuses you will probably die alone I’m sorry to say.

Just now, JiRoDev said:

Few months, but since it's a giant tech company a year or so should be manageable

My God, there is nothing in the world that will help less!

2 minutes ago, NavyEmt said:

I guess a 6mo - 1 year. good hd footage take up a lot of space. 1 year = 525,600min of footage from just 1 cam

True but Linus has petabytes of storage. For all we know he could be keeping several years of footage just in case something like this ever happens and he needs to prove his innocence. He could also have completely misconfigured his server and lost all the data. It's a complete mystery with Linus.

That being said, given how long it has been, the footage is most likely gone.

The ONLY thing they should do is say "we were wrong" 

Lawyers will tell them not to.

But they're not in business.

They're just making money because people LIKE THEM and TRUST THEM.

2 hours ago, ramp said:

This is the nail in the coffin for me.

Madison’s experience is deplorable and should never have allowed to happen in any company at any size.

Even if she exaggerated (and why would she? She has nothing to gain from this), even if only 10% of this is factual that is STILL not okay.

I simply cannot believe LMG was like this after all the parades and talks about being a fun company that does things right.

I feel heartbroken but I will probably unsubscribe from all LMG channels. I’m done. Hey, maybe it will even help me from my YouTube addiction.

But most of all, I feel for Madison. What. A. Shit show.

you're assuming its all true

It's accusations

3 hours ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Madison explains in a Twitter thread her working experience at LMG/LTT.

A notable piece:

image.png.2ad4ca4fd479b97347975c89d8336195.png

image.png.f7dad50ecfe389dd10222ea0ddd8422d.png

This didn't come out of nowhere. I've watched Madison's livestreams multiple times where she has given hints about these things happening at LMG. Also, considering how Linus' fans supports him no matter what he does I understand why she didn't wanna talk about this publicly previously because Linus fans would destroy her. I believe her 100%.

5 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

The ONLY thing they should do is say "we were wrong" 

They need to do a lot more than that. We need transparency, and we need a plan on how to make sure these controversies can never happen again. Without transparency, and a plan, an apology is empty words. 

At this point we need a 3rd party outlet to get involved and interview employees. I can respect if Linus doesn't want Steve to conduct interviews, but some neutral party agreed upon by the both of them should give us the uncensored, unbiased version of "what it's like to work for linus"

2 minutes ago, Bingodingo said:

“Grab the security footage!”

”Why isn’t there a lawsuit!”

”MeToo had false allegations so just hold on.”

”You can’t trust her mental state because the company broke her!”

Some of the people on this forum are adults right? These are the best efforts of the naive, adolescent and frankly sexist.

If you don’t want to click that unsubscribe button before they get a video out good for you! How judicious! 

If your first reaction to this news is to start maligning the accuser and setting up excuses you will probably die alone I’m sorry to say.

Aren't all the excuses so far made for the accuser? (About the lack of proof, and not dealing with the issue in any proper way but rather just posting on social media?)

Just now, Drazil100 said:

They need to do a lot more than that. We need transparency, and we need a plan on how to make sure these controversies can never happen again. Without transparency, and a plan, an apology is empty words. 

Step 1) Hire someone to manage the company.

We're in luck!

5 minutes ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

I've worked in 20 different tech teams with some 3000~5000 people. Quite varied group of people. And have never even once heard, or seen, or heard of, of any sexual harrasment.

That is not to say it doesn't happen. But anecdotal evidence is always anecdotal 😕 

Based on my experience, having worked at one very “google-esque” place with less than 100 employees and big corporate environment with thousand plus. The sexual harassment was ALWAYS at the smaller places, the bigger environments was just normal corpo bullshit of paperwork not being done and ladder climbing. 

Not to take away from you’re experiences, but for me, I’ve seen this exact thing happen

4 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

Step 1) Hire someone to manage the company.

We're in luck!

Updated my original message.

10 minutes ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

Be that as it may, that's still not proof.

If you extrapolate that logic, anyone can go work to any tech company anywhere, and start making wild accusations all over the internet, and just sign them off by just saying that "most tech companies are toxic, why wouldn't you believe me??"

There is a long train of evidence including the glass door review, and the work related stuff has been corroborated by other former members of LMG staff saying the place is intense.

This has not been through a court of law so it is not proven to have happened, but the fact is that the evidence we do have points in favour of Madison.

This isn't my full thoughts, but can I ask one simple of thing of people in this thread?

Can people stop aligning issues with LTT/LMG to mean Linus was personally involved in all the issues being levied against the company.

Not only does Linus need to stop taking any criticism of LMG as a company personally. The entire community needs to stop taking criticism of LMG as a company personally.

5 minutes ago, creat0r said:

This didn't come out of nowhere. I've watched Madison's livestreams multiple times where she has given hints about these things happening at LMG. Also, considering how Linus' fans supports him no matter what he does I understand why she didn't wanna talk about this publicly previously because Linus fans would destroy her. I believe her 100%.

She had no reason to say anything beyond "things didn't work out the way I wanted".  She did axe grinding and I really hope it doesn't completely ruin her, because she made some very serious accusations. 

7 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

At this point we need a 3rd party outlet to get involved and interview employees. I can respect if Linus doesn't want Steve to conduct interviews, but some neutral party agreed upon by the both of them should give us the uncensored, unbiased version of "what it's like to work for linus"

What actually matters is that it gets to be a good place to work.  A truth and reconciliation commission is less important. 

12 minutes ago, JoshuaScholar said:

An 18 year old girl at a tech start up that has no professional managers?

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm not sure where 18 came from. She was 20 at rig reboot, so presumably 21/22 when she worked at LMG.

4 minutes ago, RWxAshley said:

This isn't my full thoughts, but can I ask one simple of thing of people in this thread?

Can people stop aligning issues with LTT/LMG to mean Linus was personally involved in all the issues being levied against the company.

Not only does Linus need to stop taking any criticism of LMG as a company personally. The entire community needs to stop taking criticism of LMG as a company personally.

I don't understand why the CEO hasn't stepped up to deal with this publicly. 

Edit: Please mind my bad English into consideration, and also I'm not attacking Madison in this take 🥺

I don't want to drawn into this drama, but from my perspective as business owner and also have HR position in the company I own, Linus or whoever the HR team is, should really consider everything before hiring Madison.

Remember that Madison is one of the winners or Asus Extreme Tech update before he worked in LMG? Well at the time, HR have plenty of time to monitor whether Madison is a "good candidate" for LMG employee, whatever their parameters is.

From my perspective, Madison is a regular gen Z girl in her mid 20s, still young, fresh, and full of ideas and doubts, and sure having very shaky mental state. HR should considering this before hammering down on her, then asking "allegedly" this weird & silly question and action against her (as per her tweets).

Despite my managerial position and business owner myself, I born at the same age group with Jake and Madison, and sure thing that our generation share many traits and emotional state, despite the difference of biological parents, country, environment, etc.

If all this allegations from Madison is in fact, true, I can confidently blame LMG HR team to accept her as a employee in the first place, not considering many aspects of (allegedly) bizzare and unrealistic working condition of LMG, and also giving considerable responsibility position to a freshmen.

I wish for the best for Madison.

Edited by TimedPing

LENNYYYYYYYYY!!!!! WHERE R U BUOYYYYY??????

•  Laptop:
    • Current
      • Spoiler

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 8 | i5-1335U | 16GB LPDDR 6400MT/s Soldered | WD SN810 1TB NVMe (Win11) | 14 inch 1200p IPS 500 nits panel | Intel AX211 | 65W USB-C PD adapter | Aliexpress DIY Thunderbolt 3 eGPU dock with JieShuo RTX 3060M 12GB

• Retired
      • Spoiler

Heavily modified Lenovo ThinkPad T480 | i7-8550U | 2x 16GB Teamgroup DDR4 3200MT/s | Custom FCBGA 595 to Oculink 2.0 @ PCIe 3.0 x4 (using removed nvidia MX150 dGPU pinout) | 14 inch 1080p IPS 350 nits panel | 7 Row classic keyboard mod (from T25) | 512GB Samsung PM981a NVMe SSD (Win10) + 256GB WD SN520 2242 NVMe SSD (Manjaro; on WWAN slot) | Intel AX210NGW | 65W USB-C PD adapter  | Oculink 2.0 to PCIe x16 DIY dock eGPU with JieShuo RTX 3060M 12GB 

• Workstation:
    • Current - Repurposed as Homelab Dev Server
      • Spoiler

AMD EPYC 9454P 48C/96T | Tyan Tomcat HX S8050 (S8050GM2NE) Socket SP5 | 8x32GB (256GB) Kingston Fury Renegade DDR5 4800MT/s RDIMM | Colorful iGame RTX 4080 Advanced OC (windows VM) | PowerColor RX 6600XT Fighter (MacOS VM) | 2x Intel Optane M10 64GB (RAID 1, Proxmox) | 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (RAIDZ1, VM storage) | Nvidia Mellanox ConnectX-4 LX 25Gb SFP+ PCIe x8 (MCX4111A) | Seasonic Prime TX 1600W | Thermaltake Core W100 case | Enermax LIQTECH TR4 II 280mm AIO (SP5 Kit) |8x Deepcool TF140S Fan

• Retired
      • Spoiler

Intel Xeon E5-2650v3 10C/20T (locked all core 3GHz) | Dell ALienware Area 51 R2 Motherboard (MSi MS-7862) LGA 2011v3 with modded BIOS (ReBAR enabled) | 4x16GB (64GB) SKhynix ECC LRDIMM 2666MT/s Quad Channel | Colorful iGame GTX 1070 Flame Ares U-TOP | Samsung PM981a 512GB NVMe SSD (Win10) + TeamGroup MS30 M.2 SATA 512GB (Manjaro) | Mellanox ConnectX-3 OCP 2.0 NIC (with PCIe adapter) |  Thermalright AXP-100H Muscle CPU cooler (hacksawed to work with LGA 2011v3) | PowerUp Raptor 1633 case + 6x Deepcool RF-120FS case fan | IndoCase 500W 80+ Silver PSU (Rebranded & binned up Gamemax GM-500).

• Homelab AIO server:
    • Current - Repurposed as Backup server
      • Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 (OEM CPU, got it from AliExpress) | Asus Prime B550-Plus AC-HES | 4x16GB (64GB) Samsung DDR4 3200MT/s ECC UDIMM | 2x Intel Optane M10 64GB (RAID1, TrueNAS Scale) | 6x Seagate SkyHawk 8TB (Bulk storage; RAID Z1; Alhua rebranded drive) | Asrock ARC A380 6GB Challenger OC (Terminal + Transcoding GPU) | Mellanox ConnectX-3 OCP 2.0 NIC | Deepcool Gammax C40 (dual fan) | IndoCase IC4008 4U rackmount case + 5x Deepcool XFAN120 + 2x Deepcool XFAN80 | IndoCase 800W 80+ Silver PSU (Rebranded & binned up Gamemax GM-800) | Samsung Galaxy S10+ 5G (5G backup uplink for Router VM).

• Retired
      • Spoiler

Intel Xeon E5-2695v3 14C/28T (force dynamic turbo all core up to 3GHz) | Huananzhi X99-TF-Q (Q87 chipset) LGA 2011v3 with modded BIOS (ReBAR & all core turbo enabled) | 4x32GB (128GB) Samsung ECC LRDIMM 2133MT/s Quad Channel | Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 (via M.2 E key riser; for basic display) + Dell GTX 1070 OEM (transcoding GPU) + Sapphire Pulse RX 470D 4GB (MacOS Ventura VM) | 2x Kingston A400 120GB (mirrored; TrueNAS SCALE) + 6x Samsung PM981a 1TB (VM storage; RAID Z1) + 7x WD Purple 4TB (Bulk storage; RAID Z1) | Mellanox ConnectX-3 OCP 2.0 NIC (with PCIe adapter) | Alseye M90 CPU cooler (hacksawed to work with LGA 2011v3) | IndoCase IC4008 4U rackmount case + 5x Deepcool XFAN120 + 2x Deepcool XFAN80 | IndoCase 800W 80+ Silver PSU (Rebranded & binned up Gamemax GM-800).

• DIY Router:
    • Current
      • Decommisioned, current router system is running on current AIO Homelab server as VM (Modemsofmen ROOTer GoldenORB OpenWRT 22.10).
    • Retired
      • Spoiler

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF Prebuilt | Intel core i5-4460T | 4x 4GB Samsung DDR3L 1600MT/s UDIMM Dual Channel | 1x Kingston A400 120GB (ROOTer GoldenORB OpenWRT 22.10) | Mellanox ConnectX-3 OCP 2.0 NIC (with PCIe adapter) + Realtek RTL8125 2.5GBe PCIe NIC + Intel i210 SFP PCIe card with Mikrotik SFP ONU module (for WAN, my default ISP modem sucks) + Fibocom L860 4G modem (with USB 3.0 adapter, for WAN redundancy).

• Desk setup:
    • Spoiler

viewsonic VA2732-H 27 inch + VA2215H 22 inch (portrait) 1080p 75Hz IPS monitor | DIY sound system with 2 50W DIY bookshelf speaker | Senheisser HD 600 Headphone | Keychron K1 SE keyboard (Low profile Gateron brown) | Lenovo ThinkLife WLM210 mice | Samsung Galaxy S8+ (used as a Webcam LOL).

I've logged into my account for the first time in 5 years just to say some of you are disgusting. I did not know any of you to be working for the company so who are you to question someone coming out with a story from abuse. Seek help

| CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.8ghz | GPU: GTX 970 Windforce | RAM: Adata 1866mhz 8gb | MIC: Blue Yetti | MOBO: Asrock Pro |

| CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe |STORAGE: 1x 1 TB Hard drive 2x Samsung SSDs in Raid 0 | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex | MOUSE: Logitech G600 |

38 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

She had no reason to say anything beyond "things didn't work out the way I wanted".  She did axe grinding and I really hope it doesn't completely ruin her, because she made some very serious accusations. 

This is a terrible take. “Let’s just say nothing because of fans brigading” bro you just said “completely ruin her”

1 minute ago, DarkSwordsman said:

I'm not sure where 18 came from. She was 20 at rig reboot, so presumably 21/22 when she worked at LMG.

It came from another comment, either here or on reddit.