Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

3 minutes ago, Ironman420 said:

I hope I don't need to mention the whole #MeToo movement that happened a few years ago. There were actual sexual harassment cases so were fake accusations. We have this inherent biases that whenever a woman/girl accuses of sexual harassment it must be true and we become judge, jury, and executioner without giving a chance for the other side to represent their case. We don't have to reiterate how many innocent lives have been destroyed because of this. 

Sexual harassment in the workplace is an existing, real, and damming issue. There is no denying the fact that this is a very serious issue that happens daily in many workplaces. I can also understand why someone might be scared to come out against higher-ups. If someone has been subjected to sexual harassment she/he should go to the proper authority about it and file a case against whoever is responsible. And we should wait for the investigation to be completed before jumping the gun. 

While I understand what Madison is saying, we should not come to a conclusion before a proper investigation. And she should file a case instead of making a Twitter thread, that should be the priority here. This is not about flawed testing or auctioning a prototype. This is way more serious than that. We are essentially accusing several persons of misconduct and sexual harassment. If found true this will finish their career and they may end up in jail. And if this is not true it will just finish their career and that will also be equally bad. I all know about the Depp v. Heard case. 

In the end, I would say that we should not dismiss Madison's accusation also at the same time we should not believe it until a proper investigation. 

This is a well thought out post. I suggest people read it and consider it. Lives can be ruined over false claims and actual victims can be damaged further over ignored claims. We need to take this seriously and not come to any conclusions before we have ACTUAL evidence.

21 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Well if she felt threatened, going for legal advice wouldn't be of much help since LMG being a large company with a lot of power could just mean losing a lawsuit to a company, although I'm not sure how the legal system in Canada compares to how it can be in the US.

Also LMG managed to make it look like a non-issue and like they weren't to blame for more than a year, though unfortunately it is a legal issue now and LMG has to reply to this now, however LMG denying this in the first place doesn't look good if this is true.

I disagree in this "just being zoomer things"  given that other LMG staff have complained the work pace is too fast and want to slow down, GN went over that in their first video IIRC.

It isn't a lawsuit. It's a formal complaint to work through the BC Government.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/careers-myhr/all-employees/working-with-others/address-a-respectful-workplace-issue/launch-a-formal-complaint

There's the directions.  https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/careers-myhr/all-employees/working-with-others/address-a-respectful-workplace-issue/address-sexual-harassment There's guidelines.

I see this weird aspect where everyone is thinking 1) LMG is American and 2) Worker's Rights cases are purely person-to-company Civil Matters. There's a host of government actions to be started in most Western countries.

Edit: and, from the 2nd link, why I said Madison is going to get herself in a lot of trouble.

For supervisors: dealing with an allegation of sexual harassment

As a supervisor, you are required to act if you receive a complaint or become aware of potential sexual harassment in your workplace. If you receive a formal complaint or if you become aware of suspected misconduct that may require disciplinary action, you must inform your supervisor and contact the BC Public Service Agency for advice and support. The obligation to report suspected misconduct is outlined in Appendix A of the Accountability Framework for Human Resource Management.

She's making statements about their handling (lack of reporting?) issues. This is why you don't do late night Twitter threads.

Edited by Taf the Ghost
more details

Just now, David_Campbell said:

see everyone, this is what she was aiming for, not once tiny bit of proof anything happened and away they go

She clearly have access to security camera footage and she had the time to set up cameras all around her to film coworkers interaction! Sorry for making a fuss over this, we should stay silent...

1 minute ago, JiRoDev said:

Abusing and harassing women in a workplace should be met with criminal charges and prison, who are you to touch her inappropriately in a workplace no less... I was just watching a show about a guy trying to free himself from an abusive company and I never thought LMG would be the perfect real-world adaptation of that show.

Lying about abuse and harrassment as a woman in the workplace "should be met with criminal charges and prison"

there were so many FAKE ones during the #metoo that the whole movement because a farce and untrustworthy...

and THAT hurt all the TRUE cases of abuse and harrassment... because of all the liars and fraudsters... 
and that means many (myself included) distrust it when such claims come up YEARS after they happened... like with this case here...

Just now, Godiwa said:

Lying about abuse and harrassment as a woman in the workplace "should be met with criminal charges and prison"

there were so many FAKE ones during the #metoo that the whole movement because a farce and untrustworthy...

and THAT hurt all the TRUE cases of abuse and harrassment... because of all the liars and fraudsters... 
and that means many (myself included) distrust it when such claims come up YEARS after they happened... like with this case here...

I mean there are security cameras, it's just a matter of time and if she wants to seek justice and the police could request security footage.

4 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

This is a well thought out post. I suggest people read it and consider it. Lives can be ruined over false claims and actual victims can be damaged further over ignored claims. We need to take this seriously and not come to any conclusions before we have ACTUAL evidence.

You sir are truly a voice of reason!

Yikes, I really hope this is just a disgruntled former employee "striking while the iron is hot" so to speak, and that many of these claims are not legitimate.  If they are, it really makes me worried about Sarah and Emily. 

Current system - 13600k i5, Arc a750, 64 GB 3600 RAM, 760 mATX board, dual 2 TB NVME drives.

I mean there are security cameras, it's just a matter of time and if she wants to seek justice and the police could request security footage.

How long do you think they keep security footage? 

44 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Listed a lot of things, a number which doesn't help her position. She has an obvious issue over the contract and everything around that, but she also has admitted to being in such bad general mental health that she stabbed herself to go to the ER. She clearly was not of "sound mind" for a chunk of her time at LMG, which puts everything they did into a very different context.  It also makes her an "unreliable narrator" in the public discussion.

What you don't do is make declarative statements about violation of BC law in the middle of complaining about the fact you had regularly communication issues with staff and management.   This is an absolute mess, but LMG will basically not comment except maybe to deny any wrongdoing. 

Therein lies the rub - when a company's behaviour (whether as a whole or in part) causes a poor state of mental health through actions that can only be proven through witness testimony, what can be done? The individual - as you said - becomes an unreliable witness, but also others will feel discouraged from testifying (either on social media or in court) through fear of recriminations if the allegations are unproven (as opposed to proven false).

3 minutes ago, JiRoDev said:

I don't know about what are the norms elsewhere but I don't keep more than maybe a months worth of footage on our DVR.

Not if they were stored on a Whonnock....

doubt they have the photage storaged now 2years later... which returns to the point I stated earlier... coming with accusations 5-10-20 years later is useless... especially without proof... she could have asked for the videos back then and if they refused get an lawyer come ask for it... but most places keep it what.. a month by law?

3 minutes ago, NavyEmt said:

How long do you think they keep security footage? 

Any other business? probably only a few days. Linus Data Hoarder Sebastion? Who knows? 

16 minutes ago, McGherkin said:

Being brutally honest, given some of the responses posted in this thread, there are definitely people here who would be a good fit for LMG, it seems.

Calling someone’s testimony unreliable because of their poor mental health, when the literal cause of that is what they’re testifying about, is stupid beyond belief. As is the belief that someone can just hire tens of thousands of dollars worth of legal representation to get justice.

Frankly, LMG, and tech in general, still primarily attracts… let’s call it people with not much experience of the opposite sex. Get a whole workplace full of people like that, and add someone of the opposite sex, and yeah. This is frankly not surprising, unfortunately.

Will the last one out please turn off the lights.

Be that as it may, that's still not proof.

If you extrapolate that logic, anyone can go work to any tech company anywhere, and start making wild accusations all over the internet, and just sign them off by just saying that "most tech companies are toxic, why wouldn't you believe me??"

The amount of people in this thread who are saying “she should have said something” have clearly never dealt with any form of work Place sexual harassment and it really shows. 
Unless there is a strong support system in most tech environments women experience this more as the norm. 

Her entire story rings extremely true, I worked in a startup style environment for a year, and the sort of things she’s described almost line up perfectly with what one of the only women on staff experienced, and the upper management/founders tossed her under the bus. 

This entire thing is heartbreaking and LMG should face very real consequences 

28 minutes ago, strajk- said:

it is always innocent until proven guilty

Which applies to both sides, not only LMG.

It doesn't matter what can be proved or not.

This would be a very good time for Linus to kill his ego and practice telling a mirror that he was a bad manager and it's a good thing he hired a replacement.

Thats assuming a lot about the security at LTT. The fuck is everyone else's obsession with grilling the fuck out of this woman, but the moment linus issues a half hearted apology in the next few hours with corporate double speak everyone on this forum will just instantly believe he has any idea what is going on behind the scenes at his company. (The very issue that has been brought up time, and again and he has admitted to not even knowing everyone at the office anymore.)

Once again, the best thing for the future of LMG would be for no one to have an ego.

Just now, Drazil100 said:

Any other business? probably only a few days. Linus Data Hoarder Sebastion? Who knows? 

I guess a 6mo - 1 year. good hd footage take up a lot of space. 1 year = 525,600min of footage from just 1 cam

1 minute ago, Doaky said:

[..]

Her entire story rings extremely true, I worked in a startup style environment for a year, and the sort of things she’s described almost line up perfectly with what one of the only women on staff experienced, and the upper management/founders tossed her under the bus. 

[..]

I've worked in 20 different tech teams with some 3000~5000 people. Quite varied group of people. And have never even once heard, or seen, or heard of, of any sexual harrasment.

That is not to say it doesn't happen. But anecdotal evidence is always anecdotal 😕 

1 minute ago, digitalscream said:

Therein lies the rub - when a company's behaviour (whether as a whole or in part) causes a poor state of mental health through actions that can only be proven through witness testimony, what can be done? The individual - as you said - becomes an unreliable witness, but also others will feel discouraged from testifying (either on social media or in court) through fear of recriminations if the allegations are unproven (as opposed to proven false).

Agreed. It's an unfortunate. But she also stated her mental state was bad to start the job because of her brother's death. (RIP) Which makes it's perfectly reasonable to think that rather than the job causing the issue, it was simply stress in general of having to work while already in a compromised state that went further and further. Which is what caused all of the communication issues, and it changes the context of all of her interactions. 

If there's actually a strong criticism to the laid, assuming she wasn't just really good at hiding it, it was no one noticing she clearly wasn't in a state she should be doing the job. (It's entirely possible she compartmentalized it so well no one would notice.)  But it doesn't change the reality that someone that's command decision making had fallen that far is going to have a spotless memory of the situation. 

Which is why you don't "let it out" on a Twitter thread in the middle of the night.

(Also, it's not clear if she slashed her leg at work or not. If at work, is that not working comp fraud? See, this is why you don't do these threads.)

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

Once again, the best thing for the future of LMG would be for no one to have an ego.

Agree!! One simple statement of LMG takes these allegations serious and will be looking into this and if these claims are proven to be true the perpetrators will be delt with.