Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

14 minutes ago, Rulon said:

-From Glassdoor

5987C350-437A-42BD-8B86-DDED806DA474.png

3DBA38C3-87F1-400B-8A41-3C4FD3B40D7D.png

BCAD65CB-E5C8-47C1-968D-21E6A8A9E673.png

Again, a lot of "oddly no one listened when I told them what to do" mixed with the vaguest possible sexual harassment allegation.

Also, discussions about employees look and appearance in a media company where employee would appear on video? Oh gawd!

18 minutes ago, David_Campbell said:

Madison is fame hungry and always was, she is a child who got in over her head at a real job, any things she says online and not in a court room is not worth hearing, if there is a case proof it.

I feel like none of you (people who say this) actually have tried to get something to court. Or have any life experience whatsoever, no offense.

It takes a lot of time and money (and people if you don't know what you're doing).

And even then the question is - what do you want out of it?

As someone who has wanted to go to court before because of a business relationship issue, it was not worth destroying my mental health further.

Going to court takes a toll regardless, but especially since you can't leave your toxic workplace behind you - you can't find rest until after this whole process is done which can take a long time.

So if you want money, sure, go ahead.

But if you want out of that toxic work environment? If you feel horrible? If you want peace of mind? Then no, going to court isn't easy. And probably isn't worth it.

Calling Madison fame hungry even though she has not seen major growth since her time there and only comes out NOW instead of when people talked way more about her is just a dumb take. Especially compared to LTT who is notoriously fame hungry, this argument falls even flatter (given the amount of pressure and content that's being pushed, the creation of more and more channels and following trends like Reaction videos).

10 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

Most of the GN stuff felt like a storm in a teacup to me. LTT were repaying Billet Labs for the loss of their prototype and human error happens, especially in large businesses. The issues with accuracy in video did need addressing but there was no need for a flame war. This on the other hand is very troubling.

According to the second video from GN. The offer to pay for the auctioned prototype from Billet Labs didn't come till after GN's first video and at the time Billet Labs had yet to accept the offer. 

There is compiling issues that need to be addressed. The response from Linus was not great. I hope that things improve there and a restructuring of some of the interal business organizations.

4 minutes ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

My unrequested 2-cents: I can't wrap my head around to why anyone with any kind of proof would post to social media about a matter like this, instead of contacting the proper authorities?

I might have a very different PoV from NA as I'm from the EU, but at least here, if an employee raised a problem like this, he/she would get (forcefully) compensated very well by the offending company. Where as if the employee started some shitshow in social media, he/she might actually end up losing the dispute, or at most ending up in a "draw". (No compensation + prolly harms their own chances of getting employed.)

just zoomer things, i honestly wouldnt be surprised if she had proof, even if what she says is true, notice how alot the things are workload related and not even offenses

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

14 minutes ago, Texbobcat said:

Trying to sue a 100 million dollar company is scary, linus could destroy her life with legal fees.

In cases like this, the government will help you a lot, it might not even cost you a single penny and a good lawyer will take a case like this based on winning it and getting their bill paid by the defendant.

2 minutes ago, Arvids said:

In cases like this, the government will help you a lot, it might not even cost you a single penny and a good lawyer will take a case like this based on winning it and getting their bill paid by the defendant.

Does it work like that in canada? In the us if it's civil the government doesn't do jack.

She would probably also sue them in the US as she's from the US
- Correction
Forgot this all happened in canada

1 minute ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

My unrequested 2-cents: I can't wrap my head around to why anyone with any kind of proof would post to social media about a matter like this, instead of contacting the proper authorities?

I might have a very different PoV from NA as I'm from the EU, but at least here, if an employee raised a problem like this, he/she would get (forcefully) compensated very well by the offending company. Where as if the employee started some shitshow in social media, he/she might actually end up losing the dispute, or at most ending up in a "draw". (No compensation + prolly harms their own chances of getting employed.)

I used to believe that too, until my wife had exactly these problems (I'm from the UK, which was in the EU at the time). The company in question shut her down to begin with, then accepted the complaint and dragged it out for months, and near the end of that process came up with a trumped-up (obviously false and contradictory) charge and fired her with zero notice. The authorities were completely uninterested in dealing with it, and when we tried to challenge it in court we had all sorts of harassment from the C-suite members which led to our lawyer resigning from the case because they couldn't afford the resources necessary to continue.

Was there an awful lot of illegal behaviour in that arc? Yes. Was there anything we could do about it without risking defamation allegations (which, in the UK, requires the defendant to prove innocence) and without support from large media? Nope.

By the way, the reddit posts were two years ago.

Reddit doesn't give me any more accurate dates than that.

All of this was THAT long ago!

42 minutes ago, deadaccount69 said:

Well that’s just not true. He did put out a statement just a few days later

That said, fuck the immature community for brigading the guy for doing nothing wrong. Even the comments on the ncix auction initial video were simping for Linus even though in that very video he clearly was fine with giving the button to the guy. In fact, he offered to call off the deal. 

Can someone give me the context on this what happened?

3 minutes ago, David_Campbell said:

no she would not, she would have got shit yes ofc its the internet but the governement is not the internet, if a crime was commited, i go to the police, not twitter

I'll be destroyed for this but here we go: you are obviously someone who has never had any injustice done to them. Not to say you are a man (probably are, but that's not the point). Police does not care about stuff like that unless it's a ongoing issue that puts many people in danger. At most, she could get a lawyer and hope for a court to listen to her case. Women don't report harassments like that as it often leads to retaliation and public judgement

1 minute ago, David_Campbell said:

good point, ill have a hard think about that. ive lived it, have you?

You've lived it and now your projecting your solution to every other even mildly related case and make it a blanket statement. Yeah, think about it.

6 minutes ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

Not sure where in the world Madison is, but it started around Midnight Pacific to 3 am Eastern. It was a late night Twitter thread about an explosive topic. Possibly with some alcohol involved. We've got a decade of examples of people ending careers with this setup.

It's also been well over a year since she left? There's legal authorities in BC she could have gone to if she felt slighted about the situation. She's made the terrible decision to cause LMG to have to respond legally.

1 hour ago, Master Link said:

We all know the Real Cyborg whatever her name is again was honestly just a crazy person based on everyone's interaction with her.  But Madison has a lot more merit to her words, and this one is a bit of a devastating blow.

That situation is basically a misunderstanding that could not be cleared up by either side due to culture and social environmental differences.

basically she had right to be concerned about linus's intent, because of it's common practice for those things to happen and it's awful.

Linus was also in the right that he did actually do anything wrong.

Nobody was fully in the right in this case, any it will not be resolved without trusting the other side. but that's too far gone since the relationship has already turned hostile.

4 minutes ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

Some years ago I was in a traffic accident, where I was on a bicycle, and the other person in car. I was going straight down the road, the car from the opposite direction, just in front of me, made a turn. my bike was totalled, and I went through the front windshield.

It took 1.5 years to fight over this, and in the end my lawyer walked away because the police report stated that I was on the wrong side of the road.

This was not even carreer related but gave me so much stress. I can only imagine how much more stress it would give to have to fight a company as a person, which in turn will basically make you unemployable because no other company would want to risk hiring someone who sued their previous employer.

18 minutes ago, joaopt said:

that makes no sense, as the forum is not responsible for what we post, and besides people were on Madison side and defending her

It's not how the law works in many places. LMG owns the platform, it's their duty to keep it clean. And you don't want people attacking Madison and writing all kinds of nasty shit about her on the platform you own, especially since she is a former employee. You have to remember that their worker/employer relationship is covered under Canada laws and those differ from USA laws on worker rights significantly in favour of the employees.

I love LTT, but until Linus releases a public excuse for auctioning off the water block and for madisons treatment I will unsubscribe from LTT and related channels.

I may be old but trashing on your former employer at 2am never seems like a good idea, especially in a public forum.

3 minutes ago, xg32 said:

just zoomer things, i honestly wouldnt be surprised if she had proof, even if what she says is true, notice how alot the things are workload related and not even offenses

Oh yea that also crossed my mind. There might be a generational difference here.

If that's the case, I feel bad for the zoomers. We as previous generations should really educate the zoomers and the even younger generations way more about social media.

1 minute ago, digitalscream said:

I used to believe that too, until my wife had exactly these problems (I'm from the UK, which was in the EU at the time). The company in question shut her down to begin with, then accepted the complaint and dragged it out for months, and near the end of that process came up with a trumped-up (obviously false and contradictory) charge and fired her with zero notice. The authorities were completely uninterested in dealing with it, and when we tried to challenge it in court we had all sorts of harassment from the C-suite members which led to our lawyer resigning from the case because they couldn't afford the resources necessary to continue.

Was there an awful lot of illegal behaviour in that arc? Yes. Was there anything we could do about it without risking defamation allegations (which, in the UK, requires the defendant to prove innocence) and without support from large media? Nope.

Right. I guess this is heavily dependent on the context (company + country).

I am from northern Europe, and here a person can not be fired without the company stating a proper reason, and evidence (if said reason requires it). So my views are probably not very relevant in this topic.

Just now, dustypaws said:

You've lived it and now your projecting your solution to every other even mildly related case and make it a blanket statement. Yeah, think about it.

ok, heres is her opportunity to get support by going to the police. do really think she will?

Just now, NavyEmt said:

I may be old but trashing on your former employer at 2am never seems like a good idea, especially in a public forum.

Yeah this is a pretty old person take tbh. 

This is kind of textbook dogpiling because she feels somewhat safe to finally do it. It's good for her mental health and a great warning for any women thinking about working there. 

1 minute ago, David_Campbell said:

ok, heres is her opportunity to get support by going to the police. do really think she will?

That depends, I'd say get some legal counsel and then decide. It's up to her. Maybe this whole situation gives her the kick in the butt she needed to take action, maybe not.

1 minute ago, bvvfbQsy5DmWyzTwcSLMWCMYYS said:

Right. I guess this is heavily dependent on the context (company + country).

I am from northern Europe, and here a person can not be fired without the company stating a proper reason, and evidence (if said reason requires it). So my views are probably not very relevant in this topic.

No, your views are relevant - my point was that we have the same laws but even then it's still trivial to work around them in a big company vs small employee context, if the company has little in the way of moral scruples. In Madison's case, those are laws that are significantly weaker across the Atlantic.

Just now, iAxX said:

Yeah this is a pretty old person take tbh. 

This is kind of textbook dogpiling because she feels somewhat safe to finally do it. It's good for her mental health and a great warning for any women thinking about working there. 

That's one point I also often do not understand. This encouragement for people to "be brave on social media" and that somehow being good for their mental health? Really?

You really think that when a person has mental health problems, an appropriate place to process them, is in the internet, with 100s, possibly 1000s of critics? That all can directly message you?

Oh boy.. I'd be extremely surprised if there'd be one professional (psychiatrist or such) that would agree with you.

6 minutes ago, xg32 said:

Listed a lot of things, a number which doesn't help her position. She has an obvious issue over the contract and everything around that, but she also has admitted to being in such bad general mental health that she stabbed herself to go to the ER. She clearly was not of "sound mind" for a chunk of her time at LMG, which puts everything they did into a very different context.  It also makes her an "unreliable narrator" in the public discussion.

What you don't do is make declarative statements about violation of BC law in the middle of complaining about the fact you had regularly communication issues with staff and management.   This is an absolute mess, but LMG will basically not comment except maybe to deny any wrongdoing.