So which one of you guys got the Billet Labs prototype?

imreloadin

Just curious which one of you guys won the bid for their prototype. I'm sure if you reach out to them you'll be the unsung hero of LTT for this. I know that if I unknowingly bought stolen goods I'd want to make it right.

Whatever happens, the poor bidder shouldn't be brought into the mess.  Assuming it's not a competitor that purchased it for nefarious reasons.  I'd also feel bad if it was a new staff member who had to curate bid options and had no idea what was on and off the table as far as options.  Granted, that could also show that there is a lack of checking between workers.  Maybe we will see.

you reach out to them you'll be the unsung hero of LTT for this.

Why would they be the unsung heros of LTT?  It sounds like they would be the much thanked heros of Billet labs and LTT couldn't give a flying F about them. 

I think it'd be best if they stayed anonymous, simply because the amount of people suddenly going to flood their DMs to try being "helpful" by trying to put in "offers" for it. I think the sudden level of popularity that person will get would be more then they likely would want.

If anything, their best move would be to probably sell or trade it back to LMG (for hopefully more then they paid) so LMG can do the right thing and give it back to Billet Labs, that way, everyone wins.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

20 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

I think it'd be best if they stayed anonymous, simply because the amount of people suddenly going to flood their DMs to try being "helpful" by trying to put in "offers" for it. I think the sudden level of popularity that person will get would be more then they likely would want.

If anything, their best move would be to probably sell or trade it back to LMG (for hopefully more then they paid) so LMG can do the right thing and give it back to Billet Labs, that way, everyone wins.

Billet should get an attorney and go claw it back.  Depending on what was agreed to they could potentially force the new owner to return it and unwind the sale. 

1 hour ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

Billet should get an attorney and go claw it back.  Depending on what was agreed to they could potentially force the new owner to return it and unwind the sale. 

Uhhh yeah no, that's probably not a great idea. Not the least of which that'd make the entire situation 100X worse. It'd make the person who paid good money for it upset because they wasted all their time bidding for the thing, at which they're now angry at LMG since it'd ultimately be their fault for selling something they shouldn't have, in which LMG will then get extremely peeved at Billet for forcing their hand, creating a circle of anger and frustration.

That'd also mean they'd lose their "sympathy points", since honestly right now they probably will make more money off of the entirety of the tech community going crazy over the situation (and as a result people buying stuff in support), but if they went full lawyer mode and just yoinked the poor dude's product back, that wouldn't look too good for Billet or  LMG.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

Regarding the testing -

On the EP of th Wanshow where L&L spoke about it, Luke even stated the obvious, eg that a 3090ti should have been used for the testing ffs. @LinusTech says he values Luke's opinion, more than the communities which is a fair comment. So why didnt you listen to him then bud?

Regarding the non-return the prototype -

This angered me. Obviously Im on the outside looking in, I'm not Adam, the Labs or Linus, but too many mistakes have happened for it to be miscommunication. Find and return the prototype at LMG's cost, or compensate BL - its that simple.

I've been following LTT for years and we all make mistakes, so will be watching to see how @LinusTech handles this.

Ryzen 9 5900X | ALFII 280 | X570 MEG ACE | 32GB Patriot 3733-CL16-20-20-38 | Msi Tri-X 4080 | S-Blaster Z | Sabrent Rocket4 plus-g, Crucial P1, WD Green | Fractal ION 850W 80+ Gold | Define R6 | LG 34GN850 | L-tech K120 & Razer D-adder Mini |

9 hours ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

Why would they be the unsung heros of LTT?  It sounds like they would be the much thanked heros of Billet labs and LTT couldn't give a flying F about them. 

I meant of the forum. Fuck LTT as a company lmao.

Part of the most egregious thing I have against LTT in this is their response to the Billet Labs thing. That is litigation territory and I'd expect Billet would win if they had the funds to do so. Effectively they stole a prototype and sold it. Searching Billet Labs btw now shows a bunch of articles slamming LTT for scummy behaviour. You don't want to double down on that one.

18 hours ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

Yeah, um no this is absolutely a terrible idea, first of all good luck actually compelling LTT to reveal who they sold it to through a court order, then it's also more than likely an international case which becomes hideously expensive.

And there is basically no way you could actually force the buyer to give it back because generally consumer laws protect the buyer if they were buying it in good faith that it had been properly acquired by the seller which is 100% the case here, 

The only thing is hopefully the person who bought it is a cool person and will return it

3 hours ago, Jordaneer said:

Yeah, um no this is absolutely a terrible idea, first of all good luck actually compelling LTT to reveal who they sold it to through a court order, then it's also more than likely an international case which becomes hideously expensive.

And there is basically no way you could actually force the buyer to give it back because generally consumer laws protect the buyer if they were buying it in good faith that it had been properly acquired by the seller which is 100% the case here, 

The only thing is hopefully the person who bought it is a cool person and will return it

Linus is based on Canada and Billet is based in the UK.  Canada and UK have "Reciprocal Recognition and Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters..." according to my google research. 

20 hours ago, Birblover12 said:

Uhhh yeah no, that's probably not a great idea. Not the least of which that'd make the entire situation 100X worse. It'd make the person who paid good money for it upset because they wasted all their time bidding for the thing, at which they're now angry at LMG since it'd ultimately be their fault for selling something they shouldn't have, in which LMG will then get extremely peeved at Billet for forcing their hand, creating a circle of anger and frustration.

That'd also mean they'd lose their "sympathy points", since honestly right now they probably will make more money off of the entirety of the tech community going crazy over the situation (and as a result people buying stuff in support), but if they went full lawyer mode and just yoinked the poor dude's product back, that wouldn't look too good for Billet or  LMG.

The new owner could simply go back to linus for the monies lost for selling them a bad bill of goods.  Buying something that the person wasn't entitled to sell just b/c you didn't know, doesn't mean you get to keep it if the owner presses the issue.